Author Topic: Removing Grenade particles and Reducing Crosshair Expansion  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Maximilius

• Sergeant
  • Modding Whore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vitallion
  • Side: Neutral
Removing Grenade particles and Reducing Crosshair Expansion
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:58:59 pm »
Hello all, Vitallion here, coder of the new 'Imperialis' mod thats coming out.

Got a couple of questions about grenades and the crosshair in NW.

First of all, I'd like to know how to remove the lingering smoke effect and crater model that occur when you throw a grenade. I've duplicated the code used for the Holy Hand Grenade to apply new stats and a new model for the grenade we're going to use for one of the factions in-game, but no matter how hard I look I cant seem to find out where, in either module_items or module_scripts, the grenade/script calls upon the particle effect and crater model upon impact. Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated, as i'm wanting to remove the crater model entirely and limit the duration and size of the smoke effect that occurs upon grenade impact.

Secondly, does anyone know how to minimize the crosshair expansion when you fire? It's their to simulate recoil, but some weaponry being used in our mod doesn't have recoil in 40k lore, and we'd like to make them as realistic as possible. This also comes in handy as we currently dont have an automatic weapon script (which i'm hesitant to ask about), so i'm hoping a small reticule recoil effect will allow players with semi-automatic weapons to fire faster.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Doer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_2ndLieut_Burlap
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Removing Grenade particles and Reducing Crosshair Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:37:30 pm »
script_explosion_at_position in module_scripts.py

;)

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel