Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 716989 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #7110 on: June 07, 2019, 09:53:59 pm »
Yeah, I don't know much about Adren not gonna lie, I only knew his name because of his past stuff in NA but I wouldn't have imagined he would come to coach a top 2 world team after Zews's departure. Good for them if he fits in the system and brings them something else, he seems rather discrete when Liquid is playing but only a fool would assume you need to scream like a madman at each and every kills of your player's kills to make for a good coach.

The thing is, everyone knew that Stewie had a more dynamic/explosive style than Taco when the trade was made yet it seemed that nobody believed (or at least it was a huge question mark) that it was what Liquid needed in order to achieve greater results and put an end to that second place legacy they had created. Maybe people didn't look further than the simple 'role to role' switch many teams do, but at the time it was not easy to see Stewie fitting in a system which already consisted of Twistzz and NAF acting as superstars with the occasional Elige and nitro charming in if required and being constant and solid rocks rest of the time.

The switch probably looked even weirder because two-three months before and after the trade was made, Stewie hit an all-time low in term of performance. It's not like he played amazingly either last few tournaments but there was clearly an improvement and you feel like he was put in the role which he loves, aggressive, gettings these entry frags and doing stupid shit which only him can make it work. Doubtful Stewie will ever find his old form back but unlike in Cloud 9, he doesn't need to be the superstar player in Liquid for them to win big tournaments and get the number one in the ranking. Obviously, it helps when Elgie is playing like an absolute madman.

As for NiP, I am pretty much in the same boat as you. Don't know, don't really care. I will continue to show a particular affection to this team for all the amazing memories they brought me but I don't expect anything special from them in the upcoming years. I just want Get_Right to win a big tournament and retire, that's about it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 09:56:51 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #7111 on: June 07, 2019, 11:36:59 pm »
lol astralis

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: June 10, 2019, 07:09:33 am »
Vitality coming in hot  8)

Edit: Also Dren and I will be at the EPL Pro League finals in Montpellier so if you are there and wanna come to say hi, that's fine by us
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:19:07 am by Tardet »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7113 on: June 22, 2019, 09:59:30 pm »
G2 to EPL grand final! LETS FKING GOOOO!!!!!! It been to long!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #7114 on: June 22, 2019, 10:26:27 pm »
ngl i really like this french resurrection, including tardet on warband

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:17 pm »
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: June 24, 2019, 12:43:40 am »
NA winning once again, beating the french team on home turf. Stewie is the GOAT!!1

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: June 24, 2019, 01:27:23 am »

You sure know how to make me blush. But honestly that final was a banger. It's crazy to think that despite the fact Liquid absolutely destroyed G2 on Overpass, they still could have lost this game 3-1. There is obviously no denying that Liquid was the better team tonight, and by a fair margin, but G2's rise to the occasion on home turf is the best storyline of this EPL by far.

4 years ago, a shit load of people would have never deemed an NA team dominating the CSGO scene - especially in one of its arguably most competitive era - to be possible. 2 years ago, the same people probably claimed French CS to be dead and buried.

The most enjoyable thing with cretins is you don't need to prove them wrong. Time takes cares of that.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: June 24, 2019, 04:31:20 am »
Inferno was fucking nuts!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure we would get to see map 5. If G2 would of been more passive in holding B and would of stopped fighting for banana so much i cant help but think they would of won it. But it was a great series i just hope G2 can maintain this form.

Offline Freedom

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: June 24, 2019, 09:30:18 am »
nitr0s b hold on dust 2 was heartbreaking  :(,they got 2 peeks and they didnt expect the third one to be in that site as well rip

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: June 24, 2019, 01:39:44 pm »
But it was a great series i just hope G2 can maintain this form.

Yeah, I really liked Shox and Kenny's answers in the post-match interview which pretty much gets in line with what most observers are thinking. G2 at ESL was something a bit out of this world but it was in front of home-crowd and you can't deny it played a role in their success. ESL Cologne is going to be the next stop for them to confirm their recent good form and looking at how stacked that tournament is going to be, you can tell it won't be an easy one.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: June 24, 2019, 02:34:34 pm »
But it was a great series i just hope G2 can maintain this form.

Yeah, I really liked Shox and Kenny's answers in the post-match interview which pretty much gets in line with what most observers are thinking. G2 at ESL was something a bit out of this world but it was in front of home-crowd and you can't deny it played a role in their success. ESL Cologne is going to be the next stop for them to confirm their recent good form and looking at how stacked that tournament is going to be, you can tell it won't be an easy one.

Sadly they failed to qualify for Cologne in a match vs Liquid a few days ago if i am not mistaken. :'(

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: June 24, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »
Nevermind, mixed the two events, I meant Chicago.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: June 24, 2019, 03:20:50 pm »
Nevermind, mixed the two events, I meant Chicago.

Yeah Chicago should be awesome! :)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #7124 on: June 24, 2019, 06:44:44 pm »
I personally think they need to enable Amanek more. If you look at the final he was dropping rifles and running CZ alot of the time, Amanek is probably a better player to enable over Javkz or lucky because of his higher skill celing we have seen plenty of times.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.