Author Topic: North American Regimental Groupfighting League [Season 2]  (Read 44530 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Regimental Groupfighting League [Season 2]
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2020, 03:01:13 am »
Ok but seriously why not just reset the bracket without the 93rd then have week 5 be a flex week for any scheduling problems.

There's literally only 1 week where two matches are happening and everyone has two bye weeks now

What's the reason for not changing it pls explain

So then it's 4 weeks and we have more matches for L1 (per week)...doesn't change the outcome in the end. L2 is still a thing and 5 weeks, then playoffs. If scheduling is a problem for you, you can always do a match ahead of a time as long as they agree, or use your bye week to catch up (you are lucky since yours is week 5). I don't want this to drag on and go into September. All of us (organizers) agreed it would be best to finish it by August.

I would prefer to stick to the matches in each week dictated by the bracket but again if scheduling is a problem, you can always jump ahead and do your next match early as long as the other regiment agrees.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:04:11 am by Risk_ »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2020, 03:05:42 am »
Ok but seriously why not just reset the bracket without the 93rd then have week 5 be a flex week for any scheduling problems.

There's literally only 1 week where two matches are happening and everyone has two bye weeks now

So then it's 4 weeks and we have more matches for L1...doesn't change the outcome in the end. L2 is still a thing and 5 weeks, then playoffs. If scheduling is a problem for you, you can always do a match ahead of a time as long as they agree, or use your bye week to catch up (you are lucky since yours is week 5). I don't want this to drag on and go into September. All of us (organizers) agreed it would be best to finish it by August.

I would prefer to stick to the matches in each week dictated by the bracket but again if scheduling is a problem, you can always jump ahead and do your next match early as long as the other regiment agrees.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like most regiments don't want two weeks where they don't have a match.

Also the flex week for week 5 worked really well for IRL when we did it that way

I just don't get it, my proposition doesn't change the length of the league at all

OR

The 1 match that is happening in week 1 still hasn't been scheduled so just move week 1 to next week and have it be 4 weeks long.

League 1 and 2 will still finish at the same time
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:25:01 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2020, 03:35:20 am »

leagues over everyone go home

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2020, 03:39:40 am »

So then it's 4 weeks and we have more matches for L1...doesn't change the outcome in the end. L2 is still a thing and 5 weeks, then playoffs. If scheduling is a problem for you, you can always do a match ahead of a time as long as they agree, or use your bye week to catch up (you are lucky since yours is week 5). I don't want this to drag on and go into September. All of us (organizers) agreed it would be best to finish it by August.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like most regiments don't want two weeks where they don't have a match.

Also the flex week for week 5 worked really well for IRL when we did it that way

I just don't get it, my proposition doesn't change the length of the league at all

OR

The 1 match that is happening in week 1 still hasn't been scheduled so just move week 1 to next week and have it be 4 weeks long.

League 1 and 2 will still finish at the same time

cool

but it doesn't matter, everyone will play each other one way or another and it ends the same. I get you want to have that flex week but idk, you kinda already have that with your bye. Plus, I don't want to do that. As I said, people can do matches early. But even if L1 finishes earlier, still have to wait for L2 because of how playoffs work.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2020, 03:51:45 am »
Thanks for giving me a good reason

edit - your league tho do what you want
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:08:04 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Jazzcommander

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jazz
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2020, 04:06:21 am »
League: 2
Regiments: COSR v LIR
Date & Time:July 9th, 8 pm est
Preferred Ref (if any):Yes

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2020, 04:08:10 am »

your league tho do what you want

Idk why this is such a big issue. Same time length of waiting either way. If you want to do more matches, I said you could schedule a match early.
no need to be passive aggressive
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:14:52 am by Risk_ »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2020, 04:16:25 am »

Idk why this is such a big issue. Same time length of waiting either way. If you want to do more matches, I said you could schedule a match early.
no need to passive aggressive
I just wanted a proper answer dude not some "Cool" shit

And yeah IF the other regiment agrees to schedule early that doesn't even change anything. Still two bye weeks.

I know two of the other head organizers agree with me also. If I'm wrong and this how it's going right now actually is the best way then that's cool I'll go with it. But unless someone explains to me the logic of this I'm not gonna agree with it, I'll deal with it but I won't agree with it.

It does matter

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2020, 04:23:53 am »

no need to passive aggressive
I just wanted a proper answer dude not some "Cool" shit

And yeah IF the other regiment agrees to schedule early that doesn't even change anything. Still two bye weeks.

I know two of the other head organizers agree with me also. If I'm wrong and this how it's going right now actually is the best way then that's cool I'll go with it. But unless someone explains to me the logic of this I'm not gonna agree with it, I'll deal with it but I won't agree with it.

It does matter

I did give you an answer you just don't like it. which is fine, I'm just telling you the reality. We still have to wait for L2 to do playoffs. It changes nothing other than having 1 week for catch up at the end compared to having 2 weeks throughout the league to chill. If you want to play more during those weeks then go for it. The way I see it, is matches happen one way or another. 5 weeks is happening no matter what happens with L1 since L2 is still 5 weeks. Again, it's about how many matches we are doing in a week? And that 2 byes is too much? Not big problems imo.

A similar thing happened in S8 NANWL I think. The 5th dropped out week 1 and brackets didn't reset.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:26:49 am by Risk_ »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2020, 05:03:06 am »
So be it

Excited to get back in action either way

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2020, 06:58:05 am »
League: 2
Regiments: 9th and 21st
Date & Time: Saturday July 11th 2020 CE, 9 EST
Preferred Ref (if any): Any ref is a good ref

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2020, 01:13:39 am »
Do rosters lock at the start or end of week 2?

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2020, 01:23:29 am »
Do rosters lock at the start or end of week 2?

end

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2020, 03:07:51 am »
COSR 15 - 11 LIR

very back and forth match. lot of close rounds!