Author Topic: Is this game worth its money, yes or no?  (Read 1222 times)

Skaen

Is this game worth its money, yes or no?
« on: May 04, 2022, 12:40:37 pm »
First of all, I don't want to shit on this game. I don't want this thread to be made so people could trash talk about it. The only reason I made this thread is because I bought Holdfast and it's just not really my thing in the end and I don't want to spend money on a game I'll probably never touch after playing a day or two. I know melee will probably not be the same as NW, but its a totally different game so I don't mind too much about that aspect. Though from what I read I do hope they improve it with future updates.

So I wanted to ask as many opinions as possible. Is it worth it or not? Do you enjoy the game?

BlitzkriegMBNW

Re: Is this game worth its money, yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 02:24:27 pm »
nah this game only worth the money when its on sale

Offline Flexi.

• Captain
  • ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndKGL
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 03:00:32 pm »
I think its worth the money. Its quite enjoyable when not playing with racists. There are a few events and I personally like them.
Even playing on public servers can be enjoyable
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:02:20 pm by Flexi. »
GuMo

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 05:24:27 pm »
If you get it on sale, you might get an hour or two of fun out of it for a few euros which is fine. But thats about it. The game is by all stretches of imagination, dead on arrival.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1358710

Even during peak event times, the game won't fill 1 server. This is during NA times as well, which is where you would expect the biggest uptake on the game given the setting. EU event times have most of the time less than half the NA peak which is around the 350 player mark. Meaning you are getting events with less than 80 per side which even NW can still do consistently.

Not worth even the £14.99 imo. 50% sale sure.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Kong

• Second Lieutenant
  • forever PRY + COC #RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kong
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 06:05:51 pm »
more people play mb with fire & sword than this game xd

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 06:59:13 pm »
Nah im sure buying the game is 100% worth it! They announched a mod of Napoleonic wars, that should fix things !!!1one

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 09:02:25 pm »
Reg stuff is worth it, pub stuff less so, not really the games fault since there's no communities like BBG or NRP to keep player retention up. What's going for it though is the 300 man battles when they do happen are pretty epic, the developers are loyal to their product and are active both in updating and when responding to feedback on their discord, and the melee is the closest it will ever be to NW (new melee animations somewhere around the 19th of this month)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 09:04:28 pm by [Stryker] »

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 09:28:07 pm »
new melee animations might actually save this game lmfao. if they are any good..

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 10:07:45 pm »
If you like linebattles, reg stuff and running, it’s a decent game which (on NA) has enough people attending at least a few events to make things fun. But if you want anything competitive no. Maybe the animations update will fix it a bit but rn melee feels like it’s stuck in slow and is so clunky as to be painful imo.

Honestly, if EU NW events still get about as many players as EU BCOF, it might be better to stay with NW until you get a good deal on a sale or if things change and EU NW events die out in attendance. Can’t speak for everyone but most of my enjoyment comes from the large player count during certain events. If it had less players… I don’t think I would have played BCOF past a few hours. It’s a fine enough linebattle game- But so is NW.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 01:27:18 pm »
If you like linebattles, reg stuff and running, it’s a decent game which (on NA) has enough people attending at least a few events to make things fun. But if you want anything competitive no. Maybe the animations update will fix it a bit but rn melee feels like it’s stuck in slow and is so clunky as to be painful imo.

Honestly, if EU NW events still get about as many players as EU BCOF, it might be better to stay with NW until you get a good deal on a sale or if things change and EU NW events die out in attendance. Can’t speak for everyone but most of my enjoyment comes from the large player count during certain events. If it had less players… I don’t think I would have played BCOF past a few hours. It’s a fine enough linebattle game- But so is NW.
I am learning to hate Napoleonic Wars melee the more I play it. Warband has the same problem Bcof does where the animations don't actually line up with the hit box.

Edit: Bannerlord has the best hit box detection. If Cav and Archers were not op af and chambering worked I'll probably be playing it
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 01:34:03 pm by No0B »

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 02:24:33 pm »

Edit: Bannerlord has the best hit box detection. If Cav and Archers were not op af and chambering worked I'll probably be playing it

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 03:00:46 pm »
Who is this No0b guy and why does he feel the need to join into every conversation with the most dogshit of opinions so consistently

Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 08:59:17 pm »

That was a year ago. Think of it like this were used to the amount of ghost range there is in NW. We know we have to block attacks where the animation seems to miss knowing it will register as a hit.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 09:03:00 pm »
Spoiler
Who is this No0b guy and why does he feel the need to join into every conversation with the most dogshit of opinions so consistently

[close]
I don't see anything that is wrong with my melee statement though my knowledge on internet website name laws could use some work. We are simply used to the amount of ghost range there is in NW and know how to react to it. Bannerlord has gotten pretty good at the animations lining up with the actual hits not perfect but better then warband.

Skaen

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 12:42:57 pm »
Thanks for all the inputs. I guess I'll wait if the game gets a more stable playerbase.

I'll just lock this thread.