Author Topic: NWWC 2018 Suggestions  (Read 41720 times)

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC Suggestions
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2018, 12:28:14 pm »
What if every country would have an opportunity to play both “at home” on the server of it’s country and on the server of the opponent. This would be fair.

Most brits gets 80+ ping on greek/serbian/bulgarian/turkish servers. Now imagine a Greece vs USA match :P

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2018, 02:49:26 pm »
- Whitelists scripts are a must, especially when you have countries such as Ukraine not behaving.

If possible, would it be possible to have some form of User X tried joining the server with tags UA_Barry.

If everyone stuck to set letters such as GB, SWE, UA, RUS, you could just run a regex style script to pick up the names trying to join the server with those tags and then use that as evidence to question the captain, if they are believed to be trying to cheat, ban both the captain and the attempted cheater.

- Using Streamers for specs to watch is good as well, not only does it support the streamer but it reduces the amount of spam/players connected to the server. It also makes admining in-game a lot easier to bear with.

- Server wise, 3 French, 1 German sounds sweet, that or 2 French, 1 German. I think I'd try and suggest 2 Netherlands, 1 French and 1 German.

Thankyou so fkn much bob.  Basically narrows everything down. Scripts will need to be discussed in detail as we don't want it to kill the server. And we tested the servers 2 days ago with a pickups match and i had no complaints.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »
- Whitelists scripts are a must, especially when you have countries such as Ukraine not behaving.

If possible, would it be possible to have some form of User X tried joining the server with tags UA_Barry.

If everyone stuck to set letters such as GB, SWE, UA, RUS, you could just run a regex style script to pick up the names trying to join the server with those tags and then use that as evidence to question the captain, if they are believed to be trying to cheat, ban both the captain and the attempted cheater.

- Using Streamers for specs to watch is good as well, not only does it support the streamer but it reduces the amount of spam/players connected to the server. It also makes admining in-game a lot easier to bear with.

- Server wise, 3 French, 1 German sounds sweet, that or 2 French, 1 German. I think I'd try and suggest 2 Netherlands, 1 French and 1 German.
2 Netherlands or 2 Germans (same host as 66th or 96y does) would be amazing.
Those servers have really good ping ^^

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2018, 02:53:52 pm »
Would be nice to get a NL Server.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2018, 02:54:24 pm »
MAY I REMIND EVERYONE YOU HAVE UNTIL TONIGHT AT 7:59 TO SIGN UP FOR CAPTAIN, MAKE SURE YOU SIGN UP ASAP!!!!

Would be nice to get a NL Server.

True

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2018, 03:12:49 pm »
dutch servers
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2018, 03:13:32 pm »
polish server 8)

Offline Council

• Sergeant Major
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:28 pm »

2 Netherlands or 2 Germans (same host as 66th or 96y does) would be amazing.
Those servers have really good ping ^^
+1

Offline LeBrave

• Major
  • still better than you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FRA
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:32 pm »
1x Duel Champion (5x podiums)/ 5x NWWC champions / 74x tournaments finalists

1vs1-10vs10 champion and 3x golds RGL L1, 4x golds NWGFL L1 and 1x gold NLC.

Offline Council

• Sergeant Major
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2018, 03:24:45 pm »
Dutch/German server would be the best decision after all.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2018, 03:30:53 pm »
nah no dutch server otherwise our frenchies would loose everymatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when we get a ping higher than 12 we lost our skill:!!!!!!!
do this and team NL will win the tournament 10-0 every game with their carry pieter and rikrekt!!!

on a serious note i believe dutch servers would be nice aswell
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »
Dutch servers would be more enjoyable for our NA fellers aswell

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2018, 03:42:29 pm »
I think it'd be best to do 2 FRA servers, 1 NL, 1 GER.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2018, 03:49:16 pm »

German servers are of shit quality and besides this all would be a fuck fest between people bitching about servers, The French want the French servers and the Germans the German server etc..
Just make it that you have good French servers which are frequently reset so that no performance issues occur, in terms of the Dutch servers I suppose that is a middle ground never felt any major difference playing on those compared to the French ones

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2018, 03:50:48 pm »

2 ger 1 fra 1 nl
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.