Author Topic: Common problems and Solutions! (READ BEFORE POSTING!)  (Read 48033 times)

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
Common problems and Solutions! (READ BEFORE POSTING!)
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »
We will try to keep a somewhat updated list of frequent problems and solutions here. please check the soltutions here before posting your question.

I have Warband on Steam, and the DLC from Gamersgate/Amazon/Taleworlds, What do I do?
Go to your steam library, rightmousebutton on Mount & Blade: Warband and select “View CD Key” Write down the cd key for warband, you will need it later for the installation.

Download and install the non-steam version of warband:
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Download?file=Warband&fileName=mb_warband_setup_1173.exe

Then install the non-steam version of the DLC here:
http://www.fsegames.eu/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_setup_1210.exe

That didn't work! I have some weird 5x5 serial key warband does not accept it!, what do I do?
Look here to convert your serial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155134.0.html

I have a non-steam version of warband, how do I register it with steam?
Find your warband CD key and enter it in steam, it should register the game to your steam account.

I get a error when starting the game: “Missing  xinput3_1.dll” What do I do ?
This is because you are missing the latest DirectX 9 Redistributable, get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

I have the steam version of the DLC and when I try to join a server I get a “Invalid CD Key” error message.
Restart steam and it should work.

I accidentally entered a wrong character when trying to join a server for the first time, Now I can’t join a server! I just get a “Invalid CD Key” error message.
  • Click Start > Run
  • Enter regedit
  • A new window will open, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
  • Search the entry, serial_key_nw, make sure that the value is the same as your CD key. Also make sure that the key is separated correctly. Double click the entry and modify it until it is correct. Watch out for invisible spaces in the CD key.
  • If you are done with that, close the Registry Window and start the game, connect to the server and have fun playing!

How do I host a server?
Look here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,227828.0.html

Manual
You can find the full game manual here:
www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/PDX_M&B%20Warband%20DLC_Onlinemanual_.pdf

If your problem is not listed here, feel free to start a new topic.

Cheers,

The devs.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:51:40 am by Vincenzo »

Offline Shifty

• Donator
  • No.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_Kpt_Shifty
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Common problems and Solutions! (READ BEFORE POSTING!)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 09:44:29 pm »
Another common problem:

Alot of server dont show up in my server list!

Solution:

-Go to C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband and open rgl_config.txt.

-Search (Strg+F) for max_number_of_connections = and replace the number behind the equal sign with 6.

-Save your changes and close the document.

Now you server browser will load the servers slower but will find significantly nore servers.

Offline jesseownsyou

• Private
  • High quality servers: oasis-hosting.net
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Conner
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:37:57 pm »
um hi, i wanted to ask if theres a solution to the connection is lost to server issue.
i only can play on a server for like 2-3 minutes and then i get 'Çonnection to server is lost'

i hope theres a solution for that problem
Looking for a affordable server host for Mount & Blade: Warband, Counter Strike or Team Fortress? Look no further!http://www.oasis-hosting.net

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:59:54 am »
Windows 8 - Steam Not Launching Game/Launcher At All

Firstly from what I've seen this appears to be an isolated problem with the windows 8 OS, but I don't know for sure, but here is a fix that got my game working again after a lot of trial and error!

Got it to work after a lot of trial and error.

The solution for this problem involves going into C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData*\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband   ---   Delete the last file

* = To see AppData you need to enable hidden files (So you can see them) - doing this varies on different operating systems but on Windows 8 you go to the view tab on the top of the file explorer and tick the box 'Hidden items'

Then delete mount and blade from steam or uninstall it with the non steam version (I am not sure whether this is a necessary step, but I did it anyway).

Reinstall the game and it should work!

Offline bigbuck523

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 11:05:11 am »
I've been having an issue playing NW. When I am playing, I'll experience the game freeze, and  a sound will come from my computer (from the music in the game, and the computer freezing). Does anyone know what I have to do to correct this issue? I used to be able to play thing game without any issues like that whatsoever.

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 02:11:44 am »
Crash on Alt-Tab

This problem actually has a really easy fix.
Steps
  • Open up the Warband launcher.
  • Click on "Configure."
  • Click on the "Advanced" tab.
  • Check "Force Single Threading."
[close]
If you followed the steps correctly, you should at no point crash when you tab out.  I have tested this many times, and it has yet to fail.

Offline DrummerHoff

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rusty_Shackles
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:26:47 am »
How do I go to the C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband to fix the server list?????

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 12:34:23 am »
How do I go to the C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband to fix the server list?????
Server issues are not to do with your computer, taleworlds has been experiencing...Technical. Difficulties.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline apricotes1

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Munnerlyn
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »
So i was playing on a server today and something happened with the games graphics. The flags on the nation selection screen appeared just white and a bunch or red error messages appeared on the screen when i chose a unit. Afterwards, i closed the game. I attempted launching it but it no longer launches. It says i am playing warband for like 15 seconds after i click play and then stops. It doesn't launch. I restarted my comp, verified game cache, and did almost everything a person with minimal computer knowledge could do. Help!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:14:15 pm by apricotes1 »

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 05:45:09 am »
So i was playing on a server today and something happened with the games graphics. The flags on the nation selection screen appeared just white and a bunch or red error messages appeared on the screen when i chose a unit. Afterwards, i closed the game. I attempted launching it but it no longer launches. It says i am playing warband for like 15 seconds after i click play and then stops. It doesn't launch. I restarted my comp, verified game cache, and did almost everything a person with minimal computer knowledge could do. Help!

I have a similar problem involving the new mod, North and South 1.0 Beta. I would click to chose a nation and the uniforms turn black. A red text pops up saying "Unable to open texture files "Type of texture* Modules/North and South Beta(EDX-1)". If anyone knows that would be great. Ive tried everything from reinstalling to downloading.

Offline Ben320

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Error: Unable to connect to server
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 10:58:01 pm »
Whenever I click "Join a Game" after multiplayer it always says Unable to Connect to server. Please help if you know why this is happening. I have restarted my PC and internet, done the Use_safe_server thing and reinstalled my game, checked the cache stuff, and re-installed the game. Please help!

Offline 63e Crocve

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »
For 1 week, I have not been able to play Mount and Blade Warband (and it´s modules), because the game crashes before the loading screen appears. 2 days ago, it came back working but today, the problem returned. Two days ago, the game came back working after I changed my headphones. But since today, the game stopped working again and I tryed the same "fix", with no effect, so,  I do not know if this issue has something to do with the audio or the headphones

I have tryed every fix know  (including the ones mentioned here: http://www.crashwiki.com/12-fixes-mount-blade-warband-crashes-intro-multiplayer-mac-crash-invalid-entry-bex-cant-host-stopped-working-achievements-failed-contact-key-server-mac-install/), including unistalling and installing the game, but this problem continues. This is really annoying.

This is what the "rgl_log" file says: "rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name standart_noskin_bump_nospecmap_Instanced". What does this mean? I already sent a message to the Technical Support of TaleWorlds and I now I making a simmilar message, so anyone could help with this very frustrating problem.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 01:25:03 pm »
Hey,
i have some troubles with factions banners, especially in PW and Mercenaries mods.
Can anyone upload the vanilla native banners folder to suppress awfull mixed banners :)

ps: we can't DL Mount & Blade from Gamersgate anymore, only NW mod  >:(

Best regards  :-*

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:05 am »
I have a error wich say's ''Error_Skybox_Cloud1_PM'' Something like that, I desperately need help..