Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5]  (Read 219753 times)

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] [Current week: 10]
« Reply #1380 on: April 13, 2015, 01:21:43 am »
91st 8-2 K-KA

The first 7 or 8 rounds were quite fine, no problems at all. Sadly the K-KA decided to act a bit childish in the last round, spawning as cavalry and FiC on purpose etc. All I have to say: Shooting is still part of this game and congrats to the 91st for probably winning the league - still gg both sides. Intense match to ref, video will be up soon! :)

Well, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We withdraw. Lesson is learnt, we'll play who we find enjoyable. Thanks for hosting.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1381 on: April 13, 2015, 01:28:51 am »
I hope by saying "one got outshot and lost in melee" you mean one outshot and a separate one lost in melee?

If i recall correctly and by video evidence you fucked us in melee in the third round. If you take a look at the rounds where we both went for melee without shooting once 91st came out on top. I didn't want to start an argument i was simply calling GG. But you are quite childish USE so il let you off.

You're banned from Groupfighting aswell.

For what exactly Maurice?

For being a mean, nasty pants.
Can I be banned too?

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2015, 01:43:17 am »
91st 8-2 K-KA

The first 7 or 8 rounds were quite fine, no problems at all. Sadly the K-KA decided to act a bit childish in the last round, spawning as cavalry and FiC on purpose etc. All I have to say: Shooting is still part of this game and congrats to the 91st for probably winning the league - still gg both sides. Intense match to ref, video will be up soon! :)

Well, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We withdraw. Lesson is learnt, we'll play who we find enjoyable. Thanks for hosting.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 13, 2015, 01:49:33 am »
Btw does anyone have the league 1 final standings for season 3?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1384 on: April 13, 2015, 01:51:35 am »
Guys... really?

Just look at your posts, some of you are even lying to be able to argue. So sad. I have my soarces :):):)

Even PW is less toxic now, be ashamed

Oh and please stop talking as if the 91st is the only regiment that wants to win... Fookin plebs

xx
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:54:36 am by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 91st Regiment of Foot - Argyllshire Highlanders
« Reply #1385 on: April 13, 2015, 02:18:01 am »
This is Deans here.

It's completely unfounded for any comment to portray the 91st as a regiment of continuous camping. The 91st has always deterred camping whenever we could, and actively sought other means to continue a linebattle.

However, there are circumstances in which any competent leader will take action to reserve their men for melee or otherwise, and that is exactly what we witnessed today, from both sides.

Let me be clear: if the K-KA - who by the way, won comfortably in melee during the first rounds - thought they were secure in their winnings they would have approached us as we approached them during the first 5 rounds.

Of course, like as previously mentioned, the 91st would not besiege a hill that the K-KA were using as cover just to confidently denounce our discouragement of camping, which is what some are suggesting by apparently "not meeting half-way".

The skill of either regiment, on the other hand, is of course going to be trickier to deduce as who was better in each category. In my personal opinion, I believe that the 91st obviously outshot the K-KA. But the shooting was never long-range, and was instead a medium used decisively when the regiments were close, and as a precursor to the melee.

The 91st - excluding the first rounds because of undoubted nerves and lack of focus - were still capable in melee throughout the event and fought the K-KA many times on equal numbers that saw us defeat the K-KA.

The match was definitely not the worst I've ever experienced in terms of camping, and whoever claims that it was so unenjoyable that it reduced them to trolling is exaggerating because they lost.

Nevertheless, the K-KA were a hard fight and exalted great skill.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 13, 2015, 02:31:33 am »
Wow
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
« Reply #1387 on: April 13, 2015, 02:48:30 am »
I felt this issue, and my opinions could be delivered in a video, better than text.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #1388 on: April 13, 2015, 02:49:29 am »
I felt this issue, and my opinions could be delivered in a video, better than text.

You're shit at CSGO though

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
« Reply #1389 on: April 13, 2015, 02:49:59 am »
Off topic, ban pls

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 13, 2015, 02:52:18 am »
This is Deans here.

It's completely unfounded for any comment to portray the 91st as a regiment of continuous camping. The 91st has always deterred camping whenever we could, and actively sought other means to continue a linebattle.

However, there are circumstances in which any competent leader will take action to reserve their men for melee or otherwise, and that is exactly what we witnessed today, from both sides.

Let me be clear: if the K-KA - who by the way, won comfortably in melee during the first rounds - thought they were secure in their winnings they would have approached us as we approached them during the first 5 rounds.

Of course, like as previously mentioned, the 91st would not besiege a hill that the K-KA were using as cover just to confidently denounce our discouragement of camping, which is what some are suggesting by apparently "not meeting half-way".

The skill of either regiment, on the other hand, is of course going to be trickier to deduce as who was better in each category. In my personal opinion, I believe that the 91st obviously outshot the K-KA. But the shooting was never long-range, and was instead a medium used decisively when the regiments were close, and as a precursor to the melee.

The 91st - excluding the first rounds because of undoubted nerves and lack of focus - were still capable in melee throughout the event and fought the K-KA many times on equal numbers that saw us defeat the K-KA.

The match was definitely not the worst I've ever experienced in terms of camping, and whoever claims that it was so unenjoyable that it reduced them to trolling is exaggerating because they lost.

nevermind, hi Deans

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:55:16 am by Peter Broetz »

Offline [91st] Official

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 91st Regiment of Foot - Argyllshire Highlanders
« Reply #1391 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:39 am »
 8)

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:23 am »
This is Deans here.

This response is long and articulated to the standard of a grade A GCSE English essay, therefore he must be right.

Offline Tuna[Sniper]

• First Lieutenant
  • Vive la France,vive la 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=359.0
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Tuna
« Reply #1393 on: April 13, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »
This is Deans here.

This response is long and articulated to the standard of a grade A GCSE English essay, therefore he must be right.
Maurice you troll...  ::)  ;D

Offline Berkovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ne mutlu Türküm diyene!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sikik
« Reply #1394 on: April 13, 2015, 12:08:22 pm »
edit: nvm retarded post of mine