Author Topic: 11th Election (Mar-May term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 16210 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 11th Election (Mar-May term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 03:13:24 pm »
Herishey got my vote

AeroNinja

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 04:49:16 pm »
Name: Herishey
EU or NA?: EU.
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: In terms of both FSE and the EU NW Community I have been very involved for years hosting some major events ranging from the NWFL, NWWC to co-hosting the NWL. I want to try and push for a bigger focus on event sub-boards for major events such as TGL, NWFL, NWWC, etc just as Taleworlds do as events are simply the only thing that keeps the community still alive. Regiments of course play a part in this but without events regiments pointless. I am very active on the forums and although I used to have my moments of rebellion and trolling moments towards FSE I feel I have matured over these years to some extent and have always been very involved in keeping this community going even with my playtime declining (be that through my maps, events or thread templates).
+1 vote.

Offline Swirly

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 05:34:15 pm »
Name: Blaze
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR?: Well, there are a number of reasons on why I want to become a Community Representative.
My first point, which is also my biggest point is to ensure that the members of the forum are getting what they want, and that their suggestions and concerns are being acknowledged and are being dealt with, I feel like this is something which really does need some attention, because on multiple occasions I have had various conversations with members from the community regarding great suggestions that they had and how they were not being heard, I want to be the voice for the people I want their messages to be heard by the staff team of this forum.
(2nd point) I also wish to try and talk and discuss with putting some things into place, to try and get a new income of people from different player bases / game bases, and also trying to reduce the ammount of toxicity on the forum, as in general the community is great but individuals / groups of people are creating scenes and drama which shouldn't tear the community apart which is something I think should be looked into and regarded, which is something I promise to do.
My third reason for me wanting to become a Community Representative is that I have been playing the game for 5 years, I have been on fse lurking for around 3 years (I had an account beforehand but lost the details) in my time of being here, I have met some wonderful people who have made my experience of this game amazing, some other people who haven't had the best experiences with me, but I say let bygones be bygones I wish to become more engaged with this community and I wish to be a person where people can come to me, to get their opinions expressed and have a very high chance of a definite answer back because I feel that the members of the forum should be heard, and that both sides of the forum staff and members should be more engaged into one another.
My fourth and last point, for me wanting to become CR is to again as said above tackle problems on the forums, such as the dying and or dead sub-boards, that either need reviving or revamping in order to gain the community's attention again.

^ +1 this lad!  ;)

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 08:38:15 pm »
1 VOTE FOR HERISHEY IS 1 VOTE FOR THE PROPHET

PROPS GO TO THEM

p.s. if you vote for Herishey and he wins, I'll upload the prophet songs to YT.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 08:42:37 pm »

PROPS GO TO THEM

got my vote

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 10:10:55 pm »
voting doesn't work this way I think.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 01:05:55 am »
I'm disappointed that I'm not being allowed to run. I believe a large part of the community would in fact vote for me and If I was given a position of power I have given no evidence that I would betray that trust. Yes I have trolled on the forums and participated in "regimental drama" but I do not believe this should prohibit me from CR.

Edit: I would also like to note that the position of CR is supposed to be chosen from the community and exclusions should not be made, in fact I will quote this from the Com Rep board.

"Technically, none. I'll pass trough any candidacy I get. However, if we really feel a CR cannot be trusted with access to confidential information, we may decide to restrict or deny access to the Global Forum Adminstration Board. I don't want to make use of that power, and I don't expect we will have to, but it's the best way I can make sure FSE Moderation information stays confidential without directly interfering with the elections." - Duuring

It says that if they feel a CR cant be trusted with certain info they may decide to deny or restrict access to the Global Forums. Duuring also states that they will attempt to make sure not to interfere with an election. I believe I am not being given a fair chance here and that the Community should be given a chance to decide if I should be CR.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:13:31 am by Hawkince »

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 01:18:24 am »

PROPS GO TO THEM

got my vote

All the shellshock voters are storming in

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 02:45:18 am »
I'm disappointed that I'm not being allowed to run. I believe a large part of the community would in fact vote for me and If I was given a position of power I have given no evidence that I would betray that trust. Yes I have trolled on the forums and participated in "regimental drama" but I do not believe this should prohibit me from CR.

Edit: I would also like to note that the position of CR is supposed to be chosen from the community and exclusions should not be made, in fact I will quote this from the Com Rep board.

"Technically, none. I'll pass trough any candidacy I get. However, if we really feel a CR cannot be trusted with access to confidential information, we may decide to restrict or deny access to the Global Forum Adminstration Board. I don't want to make use of that power, and I don't expect we will have to, but it's the best way I can make sure FSE Moderation information stays confidential without directly interfering with the elections." - Duuring

It says that if they feel a CR cant be trusted with certain info they may decide to deny or restrict access to the Global Forums. Duuring also states that they will attempt to make sure not to interfere with an election. I believe I am not being given a fair chance here and that the Community should be given a chance to decide if I should be CR.
You can try again next election when you show you are mature and can follow forum rules.   for now, decision stands.

as for the rule you listed.  A. i can deny troll apps, and B. tbf that rule needs to be removed.  Too many things of importance are discussed in the mod boards to not have a CR be able to see it.  having a CR not be privy to said convos and offering their insight for up to 3 months wont be good for anyone.   

i will also point out that Duuring is no longer a mod or in charge of CR stuff, I am.

We are looking to what we want to do with inactive CRs.  You know, the ones who win and disappear after the first week or first month to not be seen again for a long time. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 03:13:30 am »

You can try again next election when you show you are mature and can follow forum rules.   for now, decision stands.

as for the rule you listed.  A. i can deny troll apps, and B. tbf that rule needs to be removed.  Too many things of importance are discussed in the mod boards to not have a CR be able to see it.  having a CR not be privy to said convos and offering their insight for up to 3 months wont be good for anyone.   

i will also point out that Duuring is no longer a mod or in charge of CR stuff, I am.

We are looking to what we want to do with inactive CRs.  You know, the ones who win and disappear after the first week or first month to not be seen again for a long time.

I disagree with your decision but respect your decision

Offline Nr4 Official

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 03:45:49 am »
Name : Dj OverJoy
EU or NA? : NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR? :
I am the most in touch with the NW community and will be able to service the people better than any of my other competitors. I have proven myself, through admin on Pub Duel NA or event/league admining (such as being a ref for NANWL and TNWL), to be an unbiased bastion of justice for this community. If I was elected representative of this community I will make sure the free speech prospers above all else and allow people to banter and have fun on the forums. If you give me your vote for community rep, I will not let you down. Thanks for your time.

Ad Maoirem Dei Gloriam, Dj.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 03:58:22 am »
please apply in your normal account.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 04:28:37 am »
Name: Lady Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? : At late the community has flourished since the new update with multiple 200+ events during the week and NANWL bringing the competitive scene back to life. I believe I could unite the NW NA community for the better. For the moment some competitive regiments hate on each other or get too personal with insults these things need to be addressed immediately and stoped in the community the personal attacks have gotten out of hand as of late and need to stop, not only to help the longevity of the game but to keep toxicity out of the community.. I feel this is one issue no other CR has or attempted to tackle and so I would like to do it. I would also be unbiased, Sure regiments like the Nr.4 might have bullied me or roasted me in the past but they should have fair representation and voice as any regiment for why they choose to do what they do.  In conclusion I would make a good CR because I would point out the current big issues in the NA community and fairly and unbiasedly represent the NA community to the best of my ability.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:54 am »
l0l

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:08 am »
please apply in your normal account.

Thou gentle man known as DjOverjoy is currently unable to post due to unfortunate circumstances leading to his inhibition to respond