Author Topic: The King's American Regiment [NA]  (Read 8616 times)

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
  • Lieutenant/King's American Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
The King's American Regiment [NA]
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:23:23 am »

Information

The King’s American Regiment is a line/light infantry regiment dedicated to having an enjoyable and successful time playing NW. We are looking for interested, new North American recruits, no previous experience is necessary. As a new regiment, we participate in three events a week, including at one training and two multi-regiment line battles, with opportunities for random 1v1s and 2v2s as well. We accept recruits of all ages who are able to speak English, are willing to obey orders, and will add a good dimension to our community. None of our events have mandatory attendance; We would just like all members to try and be present for as much as they can. We do not require members to use historical names in game. The regiment is also looking to expand its gaming community from NW into other games, suggestions for games we can all play together are welcome! 

KAR_Rank_Name

Nickname: The Loyal Greens

Application Format

In-Game Name:
Previous Regimental Experience (if any):
Steam Name:
Nationality:

Make sure  to add our officer on Steam!

Roster

Commissioned Officers:

Lt. Arkhan The Black

Non-Commissioned Officers:

Cpl. Seegert
Cpl. Goldenhand

Enlisted Men:

Enlisted Men

Guardsman Emma
Fusilier Infantry
Private Shahansha
Private Alex
Private Darkwolfs
Private Swegward
Cadet Castro
Cadet Mizore
Cadet Bob
Cadet SwagBeard
Cadet Forest
Recruit Altruist
Recruit Ioannes
Recruit CyberWarrior
Recruit TakeATrip
Recruit Godex
Recruit Awkbird
Recruit Phanmeister
Recruit Pryor
[close]

Ranks

Commissioned Officers

Colonel (Col)

Lieutenant Colonel (LtCol)

Major (Maj)

Captain (Cpt)

Lieutenant (Lt)

Ensign (Ens)

[close]
Non-Commissioned Officers

Sergent Major  (SgtMaj)

Colour Sergeant (CSgt)

Staff Sergeant (StSgt)

Sergent (Sgt)

Corporal (Cpl)

Lance Corporal (LCpl)

[close]
Enlisted Men

Guardsman (Gdm)

Fusilier (Fus)

Private (Pvt)

Cadet (Cdt)

Recruit (Rct)

[close]

History

The King’s American Regiment was founded in 1776 by Colonel Edmund Fanning, a colonial administrator and American Loyalist who was driven from his home at the start of the Revolutionary War. The King’s American Regiment recruited Loyalist Americans from across the North Eastern colonies of America. In 1778, the King’s American Regiment successfully defend New York from revolutionary forces, becoming famous for their fearsome night raids into enemy siege lines and their heroism in driving besiegers out of redoubts around the city. The following year, the King’s American Regiment further developed its reputation for effectiveness and ruthlessness, gaining infamy through a series of devastating raids raids along on Patriot holdings along the Eastern seaboard. At the Battle of Norwalk, the regiment successfully performed an amphibious landing, capturing two enemy standards and successfully destroying supplies in the town. In the 1780 Battle of King’s Mountain, a company of the King’s American Regiment suffered heavy casualties despite a heroic defense, and though their Captain DePeyster took control of provincial forces after the death of Ferguson, the company was forced to surrender.  At the Battle of Hobkirk’s Hill in 1781, the King’s American Regiment held the left flank of the British line, suffering heavy casualties and earning the personal commendation of the British General Lord Rawdon for their “superb behavior” under fire. Around the same time, the King’s American Regiment was officially taken into the British Army’s American Establishment as the 4th American Regiment, at which point in time officers changed their facings from green to blue. After the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown, the King’s American Regiment fought a series of skirmishes in the Carolinas before protecting the retreat of Loyalist and British forces into Savannah in 1782 before relocating to New York and then Nova Scotia after its members were driven from their homes and livelihoods on pain of death, as were many Loyalists at the end of the war. All in all, the regiment participated in six bloody campaigns throughout the Revolutionary War and were accepted British Army based on their heroism and prowess. This honor was given to only four other Loyalist units. As part of the British Army, the King’s American Regiment became the 110th Regiment of Foot and was eventually folded into other regiments.

By the start of the Napoleonic Wars in 1803, Loyalist Americans, many of them sons and nephews of the soldiers of the King’s American Regiment, were spread throughout the British Army. Without homes or assets to return to, the Loyalists flung themselves wholeheartedly into the defense of Britain against Napoleon. Loyalist Americans saw service in the Peninsular War, participating in almost every major battle of that campaign. Loyalist Americans were also present at Waterloo. It was not unknown for the children of Loyalists to rise into the British officer corps based on wealth they took with them when fleeing America. Thomas LeRoy, an officer in Bernard Cornwell’s Sharpe Series, is a character that directly represents these Loyalist Americans. The King’s American Regiment lived on in both legacy and reputation among Loyalists.

“I have always eaten the king’s bread and always intend to!” - Joshua Loring

Communications

Steam:
 Lt. Arkhan the Black

TeamSpeak: Given out after contact

If you would like to organise an event with the KAR or talk to one of its members or officers then please add an officer on Steam using links above. As a member of regiment, you will be expected to have added Lt. Arkhan The Black on Steam.

Media

1st RM Linebattle:

104th/9e Linebattle:

1st RM Linebattle 2:

1st RM Linebattle 3:

104th/9e Linebattle 2:

[close]

Thanks to Herishey for the template

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:13:50 pm by ArkhanTheBlack »
Commanding Officer of the King's American Regiment

"The village was on fire and the Germans had made it into the churchyard. The cry of 'Up the Glosters!' was heard and after 3 bayonet charges the Germans were driven back. Each charge was led by a different officer and all 3 were seriously wounded - Captain Norris, Lieut. Dewsnap and 2nd Lieut. D. Norris."

Offline Shoomama

• Private
  • Lead Developer of Glorious Commander Battle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: God Shoomama
  • Side: Union
Re: The King's American Regiment [NA]
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:38:55 am »
In-Game Name: Shoomama
Previous Regimental Experience (if any):Sgt 82nd Highlanders, Col RIA, Cpt 3e Rifles, Col 100th, Cpt 53e, Maj 99th, Col 100th (reformed), Col 63rd (after retiring for a bit), Col Angry Joe Show Army (AJSA), Cpt 53e, (quit video games for 6 months) Generals Guard for Le Grande Armee (Bush wookie gaming), Cpl 2eDLG (current)
Steam Name: [SPG] Shoomama
Nationality: United States
Disclaimer: I am in the 2eDLG, however we only have an even once or twice a week, so I am looking for another regiment to join to fill the time. I have lots of experience, and would love to help you grow. I am simply looking for a fun group to play games with, and if you have a problem with me being in more than one regiment, I understand, but I hope you will still allow me to join, I would love to play some events with you guys!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:40:48 am by Shoomama »

Offline OuRaNos

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OuRaNos
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 11:09:10 am »
Good luck !!
Currently: SdtV Dans Le IVe_45e
Previous: Brg/GrdH Dans Le 1er_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 3e_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 2e_Huss - BrgF/Adj Dans Le 9e_Huss - SgtMaj Dans La 7eBrigade - Trmp Dans Le 1erRH - FlqP Dans Le 7eFlq - Gnd Dans Le 16eJG - SoPV Dans Le 31e_Volt

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »
Disclaimer: I am in the 2eDLG, however we only have an even once or twice a week, so I am looking for another regiment to join to fill the time. I have lots of experience, and would love to help you grow. I am simply looking for a fun group to play games with, and if you have a problem with me being in more than one regiment, I understand, but I hope you will still allow me to join, I would love to play some events with you guys!

I'd be happy to have you on board, just messaged you on Steam!

"The village was on fire and the Germans had made it into the churchyard. The cry of 'Up the Glosters!' was heard and after 3 bayonet charges the Germans were driven back. Each charge was led by a different officer and all 3 were seriously wounded - Captain Norris, Lieut. Dewsnap and 2nd Lieut. D. Norris."

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 10:10:23 pm »
Shoomama's application format is also perfect, for those of you interested in dropping a post in the future!

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 10:11:07 pm »
Good Luck!

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 11:41:03 pm »

Offline McNuggets

• First Sergeant
  • "26e is a dead meme"- Midnight| Kovy's Nephew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King Kj
Skrt Skrt

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:12:49 pm »

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline ArkhanTheBlack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 12:25:14 am »
RNC Final Day Bump

Offline Seegert

• Private
  • Lieutenant & Adjutant/Pgp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pgp_Lt_Imperial_Mercury
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 02:15:29 am »
To our Grand Commander Arkhan may are our Regiment be seen by others as a mighty power.
(My Own Quote)
"The Art of Diplomacy is greater then that of the Art of War"
(My Favorite Quote)
"Meine Ehre heißt Treue (My Honour is Loyalty)"