Author Topic: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion  (Read 17233 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 09:58:56 pm »
Most of the people on this forum are comp players, and what I've been saying for YEARS is that comp is only half of this community. The comp side has a tendency to keep with their own, semi-comp and casual regs tend to have a harder time gettin in with the people who run/attend comp events, like you. The problem with comp is that it doesn't draw too many new players to the game, casual does. As silly as this sounds, we STILL, in 2019 are getting new players to the community. What keeps these people around mostly is casual, not comp. What we need is to boost casual attendance, we need Paradox to put NW on sale again (if that's even possible), and we need to hold out long enough until BCoF comes out and then FINALLY we can put this community to rest.

Even tho godfreid is most likely going to win, I think he's too ingrained in the comp community to really even do anything with casual save for having his reg attend one once or twice a week.

Yeah Paradox put NW on sale plz

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 10:39:12 pm »
Name: TheJollyCanadian
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I helped Windflower through his past terms almost acting as a co-CR or what have you, by Being very active on the forums and bringing new suggestions and helping in anyway he saw fit. I am well informed about the community the competitive side(with my past experience in hosting tournaments, helping run the 4v4 league and currently as a ref for NANWL) Casual events side(being a past admin/host for events although I currently have stepped away from that) and in public players side(Those who play on BBG botsurvival or anyother BBG server. and will use this community to my advantage when looking to gain new players).
I also believe I am well liked within the community making it easier to work with others and will be very open to all suggestions from everyone to better this community.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? This Term I'd like to make CR less of a one man show and look into electing a Co-CR or a community manager, taking the idea from Dan the man. This would allow for more communication between the community and CR team(if the Co-CR or community manager were to use their connections which the CR may not have) to better the community as a whole.

I will also be continuing Tired's legacy in the BBG community by hosting more events with the BBG community in attempt to gather interest and potentially have the public players of NW(Those who do not go on FSE or join regiements but make a large number of the Player base.) join our side of the community in regiments and also in tournaments. Doing this as well as encouraging more noob friendly Tournaments(like the amateur duel tournament that I hosted) do encourage them to join the more competitive side of NW.
Even if I am not elected as the NA CR I will still be going about this plan and will be more than happy to work alongside whom ever is chosen. If you have any suggestions for events or would be interested in helping going about this just message me on steam.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 10:41:59 pm by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Bidbig

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 10:46:47 pm »
For Amue as he has forgotten his password to FSE.

Name: Amue
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: yes
Why should you become CR?: I think I am in a good position in this community to solve the problems that have arisen recently. NW has been quite lively lately and I would like to support that.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
I would like to deal with the toxicity on the forums and help out with both competitive and casual events.

Offline ManiacBullseye

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maniac
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2019, 11:01:12 pm »
Most of the people on this forum are comp players, and what I've been saying for YEARS is that comp is only half of this community. The comp side has a tendency to keep with their own, semi-comp and casual regs tend to have a harder time gettin in with the people who run/attend comp events, like you. The problem with comp is that it doesn't draw too many new players to the game, casual does. As silly as this sounds, we STILL, in 2019 are getting new players to the community. What keeps these people around mostly is casual, not comp. What we need is to boost casual attendance, we need Paradox to put NW on sale again (if that's even possible), and we need to hold out long enough until BCoF comes out and then FINALLY we can put this community to rest.

Even tho godfreid is most likely going to win, I think he's too ingrained in the comp community to really even do anything with casual save for having his reg attend one once or twice a week.

I second this. A CR coming from the LG, the epitome of "comp only people", wouldn't help the community at all. Jolly for president. "Make BotSurvival Great Again." Jolly supports bringing more kpop to NA regiments, so he's the obvious choice.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:02:55 pm by ManiacBullseye »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2019, 11:02:32 pm »

It was me and duuring. Can't remember who pitched the idea first but the first convo of CR and how it would work was between me and duuring, so fuck off. Me and duuring were pretty close friends for a while, almost went to the netherlands to hangout with him.

Edit: You're welcome to ask him if you like, if he even remembers. It's not a big deal, but I don't like being accused of lying.
IDC enough to bother him, and idc for your attitude.  We had a CR program before duuring was head mod.   The idea of it wasn't new.   Bringing it back, and making it the way it currently is was not just a you and duuring thing.(some similarities with the first CR program)  Many people were involved in bringing it back and many people were involved in making it the way it is.  If you want to say you helped bring it back and form how it is, that is fine but you didn't make it. The CR program has evolved over the years.  It isn't the same one we had when the 2nd version started.  I spent enough time talking about this so i will stop here. 

on another note. paradox does not publish warband anymore.  They were bought out years ago.(for the better imo)    Taleworlds gets to decide if they want the game to be on sale or not.  i would also assume there will be a steam summer sale coming up soon, as they tend to happen around this time of year.   sadly they are not as good as they use to be. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 11:03:01 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
"Make BotSurvival Great Again."
"Make NW love Kpop girls"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:27:22 pm by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 11:08:42 pm »
For Amue as he has forgotten his password to FSE.

Name: Amue
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: yes
Why should you become CR?: I think I am in a good position in this community to solve the problems that have arisen recently. NW has been quite lively lately and I would like to support that.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
I would like to deal with the toxicity on the forums and help out with both competitive and casual events.
they have to make their own post.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 12:12:05 am »
Also if Amue doesn't know his own password he isn't going to be a very good CR.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 12:27:11 am »
Gluk comes around to run for cr and then disappears when he loses only to reappear when another CR race is starting
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 12:30:50 am »
Jolly for CR plz

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 12:31:22 am »
I second this. A CR coming from the LG, the epitome of "comp only people", wouldn't help the community at all. Jolly for president. "Make BotSurvival Great Again." Jolly supports bringing more kpop to NA regiments, so he's the obvious choice.

Wew. Yes, my many years in the LG bubble has conditioned me to think only about comp. I live, eat, breath and dream of comp. It is my obsession. Thank you for raising this concern.

I feel like this is a silly attempt to paint me as someone who lives in a comp bubble and doesn't know anything beyond that.

I have a pretty extensive plan for how I'm going to "Promote/Stimulate competitive and public events, and continue to encourage crossover between the two", beyond "Hey guys, let's do a casual event once or twice a week! That'll be enough". Because, I'm not an idiot.

I want to make this game as much fun as I can for both competitive and casual players. I have time, I have a plan, and I want something more for the community as a whole than waiting for fucking BCoF or Bannerlord to kill us.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2019, 12:31:48 am »
Gluk comes around to run for cr and then disappears when he loses only to reappear when another CR race is starting
what are you talking about, i've been here since before NANWL S9 started.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 12:33:36 am »

Wew. Yes, my many years in the LG bubble has conditioned me to think only about comp. I live, eat, breath and dream of comp. It is my obsession. Thank you for raising this concern.

I feel like this is a silly attempt to paint me as someone who lives in a comp bubble and doesn't know anything beyond that.

I have a pretty extensive plan for how I'm going to "Promote/Stimulate competitive and public events, and continue to encourage crossover between the two", beyond "Hey guys, let's do a casual event once or twice a week! That'll be enough". Because, I'm not an idiot.

I want to make this game as much fun as I can for both competitive and casual players. I have time, I have a plan, and I want something more for the community as a whole than waiting for fucking BCoF or Bannerlord to kill us.
okay, what is your plan?

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2019, 12:34:04 am »

Honestly I will defend Godfreid cause he isn't some comp fool and it's pretty lame that gluk comes back for a few months and attacks godfreid like that with nothing to back up his statement.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019, 12:38:36 am »
Name: GlukTheWalrus
EU or NA?:  NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Been a community activist for ages. 15thHvB boycott, 63e boycott, probably a few other boycotts. Promoted servers, ran events, hosted tournaments. Also, I made this.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Prolonging our inevitable demise. Giving a voice to the community that hasn't been heard in a long time.
EU or NA?:  Both

Y-You're applying for both NA and EU CR?
It wouldn't be allowed so the App is denied.  I also wouldn't consider them making "this" true either if they are referring to the CR program.
It was me and duuring. Can't remember who pitched the idea first but the first convo of CR and how it would work was between me and duuring, so fuck off. Me and duuring were pretty close friends for a while, almost went to the netherlands to hangout with him.

Edit: You're welcome to ask him if you like, if he even remembers. It's not a big deal, but I don't like being accused of lying.

Gluk, I just wouldn't say "fuck off" to a mod and have a poor attitude with them, not a great start since you will be working with them as CR.