Author Topic: 15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 9746 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: 15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 11:36:55 pm »
Spoiler
Name: Lady Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: The state of competitive and the state of casual have started to deteriorate with the last CR election.

First let's start with the start with the state of competitive, while the 4v4 league is going well and has competitive players in it it has almost entirely killed regimental 1v1s and gfs similar to how WPC did. While I understand why the NA community has two stacked regiments with little to no competition, 42nd and LG. Despite their being the 93rd and the 65th the LG is still to stacked to allow for anymore competitive play in NW. If I was to be elected not only would I help moderate and organize more regimental competitive play. but perhaps start another season of NWGL.

Secondly the state of casual, this is something CR reps have ignored time and time again. I've represented both competitive and casual community and we see that for both my Thursday and Sunday events that have both casual and competitive regiments in attendance. I would keep with this trend of trying to get competitive regiments more into casual and casual into competitive vice versa. Events wise Mondays, Tuesdays,Thursdays,Fridays Saturdays and Sundays are all going strong and still hosting. Wednesday though has been a dead day before even the last CR election. I believe we should work to revive Wednesdays so that we can full 7 days a week for NW events. Meanwhile 2ndHan host the most popular event at the moment the Saturday event which has over 300 players every week a very impressive attendance.

In conclusion, I believe I would make a good CR rep by supporting both the competitive and casual community on the forums and off. I believe if I was elected we could revive both regimental events and raise casual events attendance and standard of administration of said events.
I hope this doesn't greatly offend you but I feel like your incompetencies as an organizer were showed during the duration of the NWGL which was terribly messy and quite inactive. Though you do have a strong footing in the casual community I don't believe that the role of CR is even necessary for that strong of a focus. I mean what more can you do with the casual community which you're not already doing and which you need the role of CR for? I feel like also since your most recent personal issues while unfortunate have left you out of the light of the comp scene (as well as the heavily organizing focused team captain role in NWDL) it has also shed a bad light on you and made people distrust your character even more.

but perhaps start another season of NWGL.

not necessary
Not necessary for a reason  ;)
[close]
In that regard what do you need CR for? In regard to my character you're talking to the person who helped rid the community of a trolly mismanaged gf server. I'm also the one to do any type of 1v1 league or regimental competition for competitive since WPC started to its end. It's result had the LG and 42nd and a bunch of other regiments starting doing 1v1s and gfs again.  Taking shots at NWGL for its poorly managed surface was to be expected but then again I was running it all alone with little to go off of. I at least did something while you were still afk and no where to be seen. I actually made a choice to choose action instead of waiting for someone else to create something. I'm not going to slander you at all so if you want to keep shooting shots go ahead.
CR is great for everything and anything forum related which is where a lot of the business goes down, Not only the FSE Administration Board but moderating community issues that quite frequently take place on FSE. It's also great for seeing what the community wants and is frustrated about, now your turn instead of just asking me the same question. You also seem to take all credit for the creation of Public_Groupfighting which is kind of weird as there was meetings and discussions about this issue far prior to your creation of your server which was a little bit of a weird vie for power. Not trying to discredit your help but there were clearly many others involved in this process that did just as much. NWGL was a mess because you CHOSE to run it by yourself instead of seeking help like I did with the 4v4 League, it just shows the difference in administration. You also claimed while running the league that you yourself was the reason 1v1s were revived (which they really were not, maybe the first week of the league). You're also contradicting yourself with the whole "I'm not going to slander you" but "all you did was sit afk and were gone". Clearly that is not true as I've been active for a while now. You may view it as me taking shots at you but I'm really just making valid discussion points against your candidacy which is natural in an election. It begs the question that if you were dealing with things and were inactive during NWGL and also most recently the 4v4 league, how could we be sure that you aren't just going to do that very same thing if you were elected as CR.

https://yourbias.is/self-serving-bias

Spoiler
Could it be an idea to encourage the casual community to get a more visible presence on the forums? That should help their case, as we'd get a wider array of different opinions, ensure that the casual community has a clear voice and presence, as well as breathe more life into the FSE forums. It's always good to see more active members on here.
This is something I've contemplated in the past but have had trouble coming to the conclusion of this myself and this would be an issue that would be nice to get input from the community. Casual players don't really have any reason to post here or put time into making a commitment to post on FSE. Other than Events and maybe the odd regimental thread it would be hard to get casuals onto FSE and being engaged in such a demographic that is 90-95% competitive players.

Another big thing that I need help with is getting event admins to stop taking bribes from certain regiments for Perm spec. slots. It is unfair for this corrupt practice to continue as It prevents other regiments for having a fair chance to have a spec.
This is a prevalent issue within the casual community, thank you for bringing your concerns to the forum here so that they may be addressed, it is not too common from that side of the community so it's appreciated.
[close]
Windflower is out of touch with the casual community. He does not attend events or administrate them. I do all of them, the fact that you say this a prevalent issue in the community is not true at all for this has only just recently started to become a problem within the community.
Again you're slandering me which totally contradicts what you just said. To be honest you really do not even need to play the game to be the CR in all truth though it does help you connect more with the players of the community it is not totally necessary unless you have reason to be administrating things within the game. You've already been doing your thing with hosting events and attending them so how is that relevant to the election and position? Also it seems like you're misunderstanding the use of the word prevalent. Any scenario where bribes are being handed out within the community makes it a very prevalent issue as it was with BoB groupfighting and as it is now happening within the casual community (and has been a problem in the past as well).

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 11:43:26 pm »
Spoiler
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: The state of competitive and the state of casual have started to deteriorate with the last CR election.

First let's start with the start with the state of competitive, while the 4v4 league is going well and has competitive players in it it has almost entirely killed regimental 1v1s and gfs similar to how WPC did. While I understand why the NA community has two stacked regiments with little to no competition, 42nd and LG. Despite their being the 93rd and the 65th the LG is still to stacked to allow for anymore competitive play in NW. If I was to be elected not only would I help moderate and organize more regimental competitive play. but perhaps start another season of NWGL.

Secondly the state of casual, this is something CR reps have ignored time and time again. I've represented both competitive and casual community and we see that for both my Thursday and Sunday events that have both casual and competitive regiments in attendance. I would keep with this trend of trying to get competitive regiments more into casual and casual into competitive vice versa. Events wise Mondays, Tuesdays,Thursdays,Fridays Saturdays and Sundays are all going strong and still hosting. Wednesday though has been a dead day before even the last CR election. I believe we should work to revive Wednesdays so that we can full 7 days a week for NW events. Meanwhile 2ndHan host the most popular event at the moment the Saturday event which has over 300 players every week a very impressive attendance.

In conclusion, I believe I would make a good CR rep by supporting both the competitive and casual community on the forums and off. I believe if I was elected we could revive both regimental events and raise casual events attendance and standard of administration of said events.
I hope this doesn't greatly offend you but I feel like your incompetencies as an organizer were showed during the duration of the NWGL which was terribly messy and quite inactive. Though you do have a strong footing in the casual community I don't believe that the role of CR is even necessary for that strong of a focus. I mean what more can you do with the casual community which you're not already doing and which you need the role of CR for? I feel like also since your most recent personal issues while unfortunate have left you out of the light of the comp scene (as well as the heavily organizing focused team captain role in NWDL) it has also shed a bad light on you and made people distrust your character even more.

not necessary
[close]
In that regard what do you need CR for? In regard to my character you're talking to the person who helped rid the community of a trolly mismanaged gf server. I'm also the one to do any type of 1v1 league or regimental competition for competitive since WPC started to its end. It's result had the LG and 42nd and a bunch of other regiments starting doing 1v1s and gfs again.  Taking shots at NWGL for its poorly managed surface was to be expected but then again I was running it all alone with little to go off of. I at least did something while you were still afk and no where to be seen. I actually made a choice to choose action instead of waiting for someone else to create something. I'm not going to slander you at all so if you want to keep shooting shots go ahead.
CR is great for everything and anything forum related which is where a lot of the business goes down, Not only the FSE Administration Board but moderating community issues that quite frequently take place on FSE. It's also great for seeing what the community wants and is frustrated about, now your turn instead of just asking me the same question. You also seem to take all credit for the creation of Public_Groupfighting which is kind of weird as there was meetings and discussions about this issue far prior to your creation of your server which was a little bit of a weird vie for power. Not trying to discredit your help but there were clearly many others involved in this process that did just as much. NWGL was a mess because you CHOSE to run it by yourself instead of seeking help like I did with the 4v4 League, it just shows the difference in administration. You also claimed while running the league that you yourself was the reason 1v1s were revived (which they really were not, maybe the first week of the league). You're also contradicting yourself with the whole "I'm not going to slander you" but "all you did was sit afk and were gone". Clearly that is not true as I've been active for a while now. You may view it as me taking shots at you but I'm really just making valid discussion points against your candidacy which is natural in an election. It begs the question that if you were dealing with things and were inactive during NWGL and also most recently the 4v4 league, how could we be sure that you aren't just going to do that very same thing if you were elected as CR.

Spoiler
Could it be an idea to encourage the casual community to get a more visible presence on the forums? That should help their case, as we'd get a wider array of different opinions, ensure that the casual community has a clear voice and presence, as well as breathe more life into the FSE forums. It's always good to see more active members on here.
This is something I've contemplated in the past but have had trouble coming to the conclusion of this myself and this would be an issue that would be nice to get input from the community. Casual players don't really have any reason to post here or put time into making a commitment to post on FSE. Other than Events and maybe the odd regimental thread it would be hard to get casuals onto FSE and being engaged in such a demographic that is 90-95% competitive players.

Another big thing that I need help with is getting event admins to stop taking bribes from certain regiments for Perm spec. slots. It is unfair for this corrupt practice to continue as It prevents other regiments for having a fair chance to have a spec.
This is a prevalent issue within the casual community, thank you for bringing your concerns to the forum here so that they may be addressed, it is not too common from that side of the community so it's appreciated.
[close]
Windflower is out of touch with the casual community. He does not attend events or administrate them. I do all of them, the fact that you say this a prevalent issue in the community is not true at all for this has only just recently started to become a problem within the community.
Again you're slandering me which totally contradicts what you just said. To be honest you really do not even need to play the game to be the CR in all truth though it does help you connect more with the players of the community it is not totally necessary unless you have reason to be administrating things within the game. You've already been doing your thing with hosting events and attending them so how is that relevant to the election and position? Also it seems like you're misunderstanding the use of the word prevalent. Any scenario where bribes are being handed out within the community makes it a very prevalent issue as it was with BoB groupfighting and as it is now happening within the casual community (and has been a problem in the past as well).
First of all let's talk about Public Groupfighting. I have never taken full credit for anything about it. However I am the one whose events lead up to the destruction of BOB. Now to speak of slandering you started first I only responded to it. Again with CR i've said time and time again that it would obviously be used on and off the forums and the CR position isn't entirely necessary but it would indeed help with it. You're making excuses for having no relation with casual and are in denial with the 4v4 league killing competitive. The aftermath of WPC should be history enough.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 12:01:22 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

not necessary
[close]

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
First of all let's talk about Public Groupfighting. I have never taken full credit for anything about it. However I am the one whose events lead up to the destruction of BOB. Now to speak of slandering you started first I only responded to it. Again with CR i've said time and time again that it would obviously be used on and off the forums and the CR position isn't entirely necessary but it would indeed help with it. You're making excuses for having no relation with casual and are in denial with the 4v4 league killing competitive. The aftermath of WPC should be history enough.
Spoiler
slan·der
/ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
[close]

Which part of my response was a false statement? And jeez what a vague answer to my question. Also those are quite the claims lol, saying I have no relation with the casual scene is indeed slander, I'm concerned with its well being and state and have been, just because I don't have the time or necessarily interest to play in casual events every day does not mean I don't know anything about it. Also the 4v4 League killing competitive? Save it lol.. that's a pretty petty baseless accusation. This is not WPC and has already been a lot better than that league in the way it's been administrated and handled, and people are enjoying the league like you said. My league is not the reason for the decrease in popularity in the 1v1 scene either and that's clear as day to anyone. There hasn't been a properly administrated and fun 1v1 league in a long time that's engaged the community. You tried, you failed.

Quote from: author=Forgotfulking link=topic=41220.msg1823330#msg1823330 date=1553208206
I have never taken full credit for anything about it. However I am the one whose events lead up to the destruction of BOB.
Did you just contradict yourself?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:03:39 am by Windflower »

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 12:07:34 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

not necessary
[close]

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Spoiler
slan·der
/ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
[close]

Which part of my response was a false statement? Also those are quite the claims lol, saying I have no relation with the casual scene is indeed slander, I'm concerned with its well being and state and have been, just because I don't have the time or necessarily interest to play in casual events every day does not mean I don't know anything about it. Also the 4v4 League killing competitive? Save it lol.. that's a pretty petty baseless accusation. This is not WPC and has already been a lot better than that league in the way it's been administrated and handled, and people are enjoying the league like you said. My league is not the reason for the decrease in popularity in the 1v1 scene either and that's clear as day to anyone. There hasn't been a properly administrated and fun 1v1 league in a long time that's engaged the community. You tried, you failed.

Quote from: author=Forgotfulking link=topic=41220.msg1823330#msg1823330 date=1553208206
I have never taken full credit for anything about it. However I am the one whose events lead up to the destruction of BOB.
It is not slander to say a fact. Now you do not have any relation to anyone in the casual scene. After hosting since 2014 in the KPR I have ,maybe seen you once two twice in a casual event. How could you possibly have any relation to it. Now regarding WPC I completely agree with you that the way you and others have administrated it is far better and I congratulate you on it. Now with the state of 1v1's that's not really due to leagues its due to competition as many have already pointed out the LG is far too stacked of a regiment to allow any other competition even the 42nd is pretty stacked with old players that anyone who tried to face them would have no chance of winning. It's the stacking of regiments that has caused the most major problem.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 12:41:13 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

not necessary
[close]

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Spoiler
slan·der
/ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
[close]

Which part of my response was a false statement? Also those are quite the claims lol, saying I have no relation with the casual scene is indeed slander, I'm concerned with its well being and state and have been, just because I don't have the time or necessarily interest to play in casual events every day does not mean I don't know anything about it. Also the 4v4 League killing competitive? Save it lol.. that's a pretty petty baseless accusation. This is not WPC and has already been a lot better than that league in the way it's been administrated and handled, and people are enjoying the league like you said. My league is not the reason for the decrease in popularity in the 1v1 scene either and that's clear as day to anyone. There hasn't been a properly administrated and fun 1v1 league in a long time that's engaged the community. You tried, you failed.

[close]
It is not slander to say a fact. Now you do not have any relation to anyone in the casual scene. After hosting since 2014 in the KPR I have ,maybe seen you once two twice in a casual event. How could you possibly have any relation to it. Now regarding WPC I completely agree with you that the way you and others have administrated it is far better and I congratulate you on it. Now with the state of 1v1's that's not really due to leagues its due to competition as many have already pointed out the LG is far too stacked of a regiment to allow any other competition even the 42nd is pretty stacked with old players that anyone who tried to face them would have no chance of winning. It's the stacking of regiments that has caused the most major problem.
First you say my league is killing competetive and then you congratulate me on my success? Wat  :o

AAAAAaaaaahhhhh anecdotal evidence help! I've recently been in the LIR before I've been occupied with my CR term, and I was going to plenty of casual events lol. 2014, 2015, and 2016 I was in the PSG which went to casual events like 3-4 times a week. I have relation to the casual scene currently through the people I know that are in it and tell me, it's not trivial. As for this stacked regiment dilemma, it's the way it has always been for the most part of recent NW history disregarding the last season of NANWL which didn't have the LG. But usually there's always 2 heavy favourites to win the league with a couple of wildcard regiments in there as well. It's going to happen with this size of the community nowadays and if the inclusion of a second league happened during the next 1v1 league it would consist of mainly pub-style regiments since it would be unfair otherwise. The competition isn't something that you can really forcefully change, it's really dependent on the season too imo, but it also doesn't sound like you have a sound solution to this "major problem" either.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:43:03 am by Windflower »

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 12:46:55 am »
Moraine gets paid by LES to be in the 2eDLG clearly this is the man woman he she weeb to lead us and not this windflower

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 12:54:43 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

not necessary
[close]

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Spoiler
slan·der
/ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
[close]

[close]
First you say my league is killing competetive and then you congratulate me on my success? Wat  :o

AAAAAaaaaahhhhh anecdotal evidence help! I've recently been in the LIR before I've been occupied with my CR term, and I was going to plenty of casual events lol. 2014, 2015, and 2016 I was in the PSG which went to casual events like 3-4 times a week. I have relation to the casual scene currently through the people I know that are in it and tell me, it's not trivial. As for this stacked regiment dilemma, it's the way it has always been for the most part of recent NW history disregarding the last season of NANWL which didn't have the LG. But usually there's always 2 heavy favourites to win the league with a couple of wildcard regiments in there as well. It's going to happen with this size of the community nowadays and if the inclusion of a second league happened during the next 1v1 league it would consist of mainly pub-style regiments since it would be unfair otherwise. The competition isn't something that you can really forcefully change, it's really dependent on the season too imo, but it also doesn't sound like you have a sound solution to this "major problem" either.
Clearly.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 02:32:40 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

not necessary
[close]

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Spoiler
slan·der
/ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
[close]

[close]

[close]
Clearly.
Ouch just like my ex, the 1 word response.  :'(

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 02:38:23 am »
Moraine wanting to be cr!

wheres the love?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 02:47:35 am »
I'd like to nominate Thompson. He's an active duty U.S. Air Force member and is on a top secret deployment where he's repairing F22's in the deserts of the Middle East. He has security clearance 6 and routinely kills ISIS operatives with his bare hands when he goes out for a piss. Make sure to thank him for his service
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 04:45:10 am »
I understand the whole reg stack but also the CR can't force a regiment to split. The most a CR can do is give advice and moderate but they aren't some sort of All powerful god.  It is mainly competitive that the CR deals with as most of FSE is fully of comp players and reg leaders.  And what are you going to do for 1v1 moraine? Host another 1v1 league that you'll neglect? NANWL is on it's way around which isn't being hosted by the CR. 

I don't see a reason for someone to baby sit casual aswell, you host most of the events yeah but from what I've heard from other admins not much is being done by you.  Why does being CR change anything? No one will respect you anymore than they do now. 

I think Windflower did a good job the past term with the 4v4 league, moderating the forums and doing his best to figure out the NWWC with godfried. 
To say windflower did nothing past term is really just you trying to down talk him but you don't have any substance to your argument.  You couldn't manage a 4v4 team (which honestly was just schedualling a matches/scrims and trading player) but you could attend every casual event even N&S for an hour+ almost everyday. You said two matches was too much and you didn't realise it would be like that even though that had been the main selling point so you obviously didn't take the time to read and understand the league when you signed up as a captain. 

This are just my opinons, yes I talked poorly of you moraine but those are my experiences with you and I take issue with you being the CR.  I'm not the only one who thinks this way aswell there are many prominent members of the casual community that agree but do not wish to get involved so I won't named them.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

yecgga

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 04:56:14 am »
I want to be CR too, where do I sign?

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 05:49:20 am »
I want to be CR too, where do I sign?
#Gatts2019
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 10:58:21 pm »
Name: Blaze
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Well, there are a number of reasons on why I want to become a Community Representative.

My first point, which is also my biggest point is to ensure that the members of the forum are getting what they want and that their suggestions and concerns are being acknowledged and are being dealt with, I feel like this is something which really does need some attention, because on multiple occasions I have had various conversations with members from the community regarding great suggestions that they had and how they were not being heard, I want to be the voice for the people I want their messages to be heard by the staff team of this forum.

How would I achieve this? I would become that “Middle-Man” between members of the community and the higher up staff members who make decisions here on the FSE Forums, I would ensure that everything gets passed onto them whether the idea is out of this world! Or a very good idea, I would not be biased to anyone / any side of the community, I would voice both the competitive side and the general side of the community to ensure that everyone gets heard.

My second reason is that I wish to try and gain a new influx of people by trying to create new fun, unique things (new sub-boards and such) that will intrigue old and possibly new members of the community to get engaged with.
Another thing I’d like to achieve is to reduce the amount of toxicity on the forum, in general the community is great but individuals/groups of people are creating scenes and drama which shouldn't tear the community apart which is something I think should be looked into and regarded, which is something I promise to do.

How would I achieve this? I would look into implementing new sub-boards and things of a sort in order to catch more people's attention, one main idea I had was a Give-Away sub-board, now to some this could sound lame however I personally have never seen it done a forums before this board would allow members of the community would be able to do giveaways however to avoid people making multiple accounts and such, certain restrictions would be put into place, for example, you must reach a certain rank or number of hours in order to see the forum. (Of-course this is just an idea.)
I would also assist the current moderation team in enforcing the forums rules, to try and cut down on toxicity and such.

My third reason for me wanting to become a Community Representative is that I have been playing the game for 5 years, I have been on FSE lurking for around 3 years (I had an account beforehand but lost the details) in my time of being here, I have met some wonderful people who have made my experience of this game amazing, some other people who haven't had the best experiences with me, but I say let bygones be bygones I wish to become more engaged with this community and I wish to be a person where people can come to me, to get their opinions expressed and have a very high chance of a definite answer back because I feel that the members of the forum should be heard and that both sides of the forum staff and members should be more engaged into one another.

How would I achieve this? Well, the main way I would achieve this, I would encourage members of the community that want to have their opinions voices or even just want to have a general chat that my forum pms, my steam, and discord are always open for anyone to pop me a message, I love communicating with the community and engaging with them as much as possible making not only their experience but my experience better and creating that better more positive atmosphere.

My fourth and last point, for me wanting to become CR is to again as said above tackle problems on the forums, such as the dying and or dead sub-boards, that either need reviving or revamping in order to gain the community's attention again.

How would I achieve this? The first thing I would do to achieve this is I would do extensive research into the current sub-boards of the forum and see the levels of activity in a certain period of months, after that I would place my suggestions forward to the staff team whether the board wasn’t worth keeping, or whether it was, if the case is that it was worth to keep it I would try and brainstorm ideas as well as take ideas from the community in order to revamp it.
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 02:41:25 pm »
Name: Blaze
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Well, there are a number of reasons on why I want to become a Community Representative.

My first point, which is also my biggest point is to ensure that the members of the forum are getting what they want and that their suggestions and concerns are being acknowledged and are being dealt with, I feel like this is something which really does need some attention, because on multiple occasions I have had various conversations with members from the community regarding great suggestions that they had and how they were not being heard, I want to be the voice for the people I want their messages to be heard by the staff team of this forum.

How would I achieve this? I would become that “Middle-Man” between members of the community and the higher up staff members who make decisions here on the FSE Forums, I would ensure that everything gets passed onto them whether the idea is out of this world! Or a very good idea, I would not be biased to anyone / any side of the community, I would voice both the competitive side and the general side of the community to ensure that everyone gets heard.

My second reason is that I wish to try and gain a new influx of people by trying to create new fun, unique things (new sub-boards and such) that will intrigue old and possibly new members of the community to get engaged with.
Another thing I’d like to achieve is to reduce the amount of toxicity on the forum, in general the community is great but individuals/groups of people are creating scenes and drama which shouldn't tear the community apart which is something I think should be looked into and regarded, which is something I promise to do.

How would I achieve this? I would look into implementing new sub-boards and things of a sort in order to catch more people's attention, one main idea I had was a Give-Away sub-board, now to some this could sound lame however I personally have never seen it done a forums before this board would allow members of the community would be able to do giveaways however to avoid people making multiple accounts and such, certain restrictions would be put into place, for example, you must reach a certain rank or number of hours in order to see the forum. (Of-course this is just an idea.)
I would also assist the current moderation team in enforcing the forums rules, to try and cut down on toxicity and such.

My third reason for me wanting to become a Community Representative is that I have been playing the game for 5 years, I have been on FSE lurking for around 3 years (I had an account beforehand but lost the details) in my time of being here, I have met some wonderful people who have made my experience of this game amazing, some other people who haven't had the best experiences with me, but I say let bygones be bygones I wish to become more engaged with this community and I wish to be a person where people can come to me, to get their opinions expressed and have a very high chance of a definite answer back because I feel that the members of the forum should be heard and that both sides of the forum staff and members should be more engaged into one another.

How would I achieve this? Well, the main way I would achieve this, I would encourage members of the community that want to have their opinions voices or even just want to have a general chat that my forum pms, my steam, and discord are always open for anyone to pop me a message, I love communicating with the community and engaging with them as much as possible making not only their experience but my experience better and creating that better more positive atmosphere.

My fourth and last point, for me wanting to become CR is to again as said above tackle problems on the forums, such as the dying and or dead sub-boards, that either need reviving or revamping in order to gain the community's attention again.

How would I achieve this? The first thing I would do to achieve this is I would do extensive research into the current sub-boards of the forum and see the levels of activity in a certain period of months, after that I would place my suggestions forward to the staff team whether the board wasn’t worth keeping, or whether it was, if the case is that it was worth to keep it I would try and brainstorm ideas as well as take ideas from the community in order to revamp it.

^^^^YES