Poll

Can your regiment not get into a Saturday event ?

Yes we can
6 (60%)
No we can not
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Can all Regiments make it into a Saturday event ?  (Read 2889 times)

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
Can all Regiments make it into a Saturday event ?
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:17:22 pm »
I just want to see how many Regiments are on a waiting list or some shit

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Can all Regiments make it into a Saturday event ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 01:40:31 pm »
The NA event Jake and others host usually play on 2 servers unless that got changed again.

Offline DivineRuler

• Sergeant Major
  • What defines us is how well we rise after we fall.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DivineRuler
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 02:11:51 pm »
The NA event Jake and others host usually play on 2 servers unless that got changed again.

I’m pretty sure Jakester stopped hosting  I know last week my event was the only one running

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 02:14:26 pm »

I’m pretty sure Jakester stopped hosting  I know last week my event was the only one running
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline DivineRuler

• Sergeant Major
  • What defines us is how well we rise after we fall.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DivineRuler
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 02:20:53 pm »
But noob Here’s the issue. As there is only one event running I originally  asked a few regiment  to join This event that we created for Saturday due to the fact the second server was never adminned Very well and left Regiments feeling it wasn’t a very good event. And that’s why we don’t have a second server even though we’re full. I would rather have to say sorry to a few regiments Then a whole server not having fun. But there honestly isn’t Much we can do about it

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 04:02:56 pm »

Oh yeh I forgot my bad xD

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 04:12:39 pm »
But noob Here’s the issue. As there is only one event running I originally  asked a few regiment  to join This event that we created for Saturday due to the fact the second server was never adminned Very well and left Regiments feeling it wasn’t a very good event. And that’s why we don’t have a second server even though we’re full. I would rather have to say sorry to a few regiments Then a whole server not having fun. But there honestly isn’t Much we can do about it

Yes this is true, admining and running a second Server in this state of NW never works well. However, the real point as to why there are no second server is because NW is in a kind of dead zone, where one server isn’t enough - but running two servers means that there would be too low of a population on each. So, it’s just better to run one.
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

|Viper|

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 04:28:29 pm »
I was thinking about hosting a Line only 2v2 Event but eh.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 06:23:08 pm »
IB and I have stopped hosting for a number of reasons, including time restraints and which regiments choose to go where. It's always been a problem, and if there were maybe 50 more active players we could each host an event and have decent numbers for both events.

However, there could very well be space for a smaller or more niche event, such as a CTF or KoH which was brought up in the past. If there is interest for 2v2, or any other gamemode on a larger scale I am willing to put forth a server if people wanted to do an 8pm or 9pm event, either running parallel to or after the VB event. Please let me know if the community wants or needs something, as I'm here for any ideas that need to be bounced off someone or any help that I can provide as community rep.

Offline Copot

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Copot
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 09:10:22 pm »
I provided the second server for jakester's event for a while. If there were enough active players to decently fill another server then there would be one. We had times where there was one full and one with 75-85 people. It just wasn't fun to play. In addition to that, the admining and balancing of the second one is usually subpar compared to the first server.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 02:50:19 am »
There was the problem where four or five event admins would be on the second server but weren't given the admin pass, while the half-dozen people who were allowed to have it refused to use their powers. That pretty much crippled that server's ability to function.

There are probably enough people to form a second event still were somebody with access to a good server and admin staff willing to try again.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 09:52:12 pm »
I was thinking like event made for small numbers like a trench event something more fun.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 09:57:49 pm »
I provided the second server for jakester's event for a while. If there were enough active players to decently fill another server then there would be one. We had times where there was one full and one with 75-85 people. It just wasn't fun to play. In addition to that, the admining and balancing of the second one is usually subpar compared to the first server.
what about event made so small group my favorite EU event is a small line vs line only event.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 10:00:01 pm »
what about event made so small group my favorite EU event is a small line vs line only event.
Me, Vetro, and Jolly are hosting a 2v2 line only event if u are interested in it. However you have to bring 15+ and if you are talking about a "1v1" which is 1 line vs another those days in NA are pretty much over now.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 10:07:07 pm »
There is 30 new NW players that surived North and South