Author Topic: Developer Blog 29 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.21  (Read 40479 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 29 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.21
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 04:11:41 am »
I can't believe I'm saying this but NO MORE PATCHES!!
we aren't planning to do anymore patches.   This was originally the hotfix for the last patch, that ended up being pushed back.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 04:38:49 am »
I can't believe I'm saying this but NO MORE PATCHES!!
we aren't planning to do anymore patches.   This was originally the hotfix for the last patch, that ended up being pushed back.
Olaf is better lmao
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Tywin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4th_RG_2Lt_Tywin
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 05:01:54 am »
Until you remove "cav knockdown" the entire game is worthless and unplayable. I demand that this be removed IMMEDIATELY. It is by far the WORST feature ever implemented in Mount and Blade. It completely goes against the entire ethos of the game and makes playing cavalry a game of complete chance.

Offline BlackFysh

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DeLaitre
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 05:06:30 am »
Until you remove "cav knockdown" the entire game is worthless and unplayable. I demand that this be removed IMMEDIATELY. It is by far the WORST feature ever implemented in Mount and Blade. It completely goes against the entire ethos of the game and makes playing cavalry a game of complete chance.

I don't come onto this forum very often but this was worth it.  I don't really understand why this was implemented.  it hardly affects line battles or NA1 so what was the point?  All it does is add unnecessary frustration to the cavalry community. 

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 05:33:23 am »
No.   and its off by default. 

and obvious hyperbole is obvious.

I don't come onto this forum very often but this was worth it.  I don't really understand why this was implemented.  it hardly affects line battles or NA1 so what was the point?  All it does is add unnecessary frustration to the cavalry community. 
it is off by default, and it has been in the game for years.  Just never worked for most of it.  it is another server option that server owners can use should they want to. (like many many others)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 05:45:08 am »
I've never heard of or seen this "cav knockdown" until now! Probably never been on a server that activated the option... Does it mean that a cav can get effectively knocked off their horse by a strong hit? If so, that sounds awesome, to me anyway. f*** the pony boys. B)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:49:35 am by Furnardan »
Furnie

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 05:56:57 am »
I've never heard of or seen this "cav knockdown" until now! Probably never been on a server that activated the option... Does it mean that a cav can get effectively knocked off their horse by a strong hit? If so, that sounds awesome, to me anyway. f*** the pony boys. B)
if you got hit hard enough, there was a chance to get knocked off.  I dont remember the threshold off hand damage wise.  I believe there was an engine limitation that made it so you could only get knocked off one horse per life.(trying to remember what was said about it around a year ago :(  )

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 08:49:28 am »

It is usually never on because it's a very annoying feature. But yeah if you hit hard enough thered be a chamce to fall off.

Offline Freestyler

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freestyler
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 10:17:01 am »
Why you ASK for Beta Tester and why ignored you us?

The melee was good at the Test Files

#New more patch
#BringBack2016melee

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 02:55:00 pm »

Offline Stasi

• Volunteer
  • Shirebois send their regards
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 04:14:47 pm »
So many nerds complaining about the update. It doesn't take long to fix scripts. Thanks FSE for actually giving a shit about the game
Hey mate

Offline lonedoge

• Captain
  • artist
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 05:41:08 pm »
So many nerds complaining about the update. It doesn't take long to fix scripts. Thanks FSE for actually giving a shit about the game

also melee feels great now whatever you done worked def notice less pokes
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:49:53 pm by lonedoge »

yecgga

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 05:51:23 pm »
that block stuns are cancerous, makes me want to delete game

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 06:08:28 pm »
makes me want to delete game

PLEASE
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2018, 12:08:51 pm »
<3

If you have any thing else you wanted to fix, should have tested the beta and told devs any issues... ;)