Author Topic: Political Discussion  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Political Discussion
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »
A discussion area for politics in general.

I'll start it off with Syria. I strongly feel NATO forces should attempt some sort of peacekeeping mission in Syria, however unlike Libya, Syria is not a major exporter of oil, or other valuable resources to the privileged world, thus NATO hasn't had an incentive to launch a mission.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Political Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:20:32 pm »

I'll start it off with Syria. I strongly feel NATO forces should attempt some sort of peacekeeping mission in Syria, however unlike Libya, Syria is not a major exporter of oil, or other valuable resources to the privileged world, thus NATO hasn't had an incentive to launch a mission.

Nato won't intervene in syria for the same reason America is no intervening in North Korea(I mean, It is no big secret North Korea has acess to WMD. All it took for the invasion of Iraq was suspiciouns that there were WMDs in Saddam's hands). Both NK and Syria have some pretty powerful allies(China and Russia, respectively), and these allies have no intention of seeing western intervention.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:51:27 pm »
What Tali said. No sane country would go to war in another countries civil war, without looking to the current political situation of themselves.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:44:11 pm »
Western governments are already funding the Syrian free army though you'd be hard pressed to find any official recognition of that. Efforts have been made by journalists and the like to find out where the rebel money is coming from but all that is known is that Istanbul has rather a few agents who are in contact with the rebels.
The reason it is all below the table is politics,Russia like Syria so publicly aiding the revolution would be bad for relations.

Rest assured, the West is helping.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:45:50 pm by James Grant »

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:38:10 pm »
I wish the USA should keep to themselves like George Washington said.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:06 am »

Impossible and idiotic in today's global markets and politics.

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 12:31:16 am »
I never said it was smart, only that I wished upon it.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:43:12 am »

Nato won't intervene in syria for the same reason America is no intervening in North Korea(I mean, It is no big secret North Korea has acess to WMD. All it took for the invasion of Iraq was suspiciouns that there were WMDs in Saddam's hands). Both NK and Syria have some pretty powerful allies(China and Russia, respectively), and these allies have no intention of seeing western intervention.

I wouldnt call them "allies", without China NK would be nothing, China has been the one giving them foreign aid for humanitarian supplies but just recently have condemned NK's pursuit of weapons of mass destruction and would most likely be alright with an intervention.  As for Syria, USA shouldnt get involved.. let the other countries in the UN get involved if any intervention occurs.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:12:59 pm »

If you are from a western democracy, your country is most likely saving lots of money due to american hegemony.

Offline Harmoniae

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JSC_20Reg_Rec_Toledo
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 02:53:23 am »

Peacekeeping mission? the peace of who? to stablish what?

That sadly will not happen since capitalist societies have to be always seeking for new markets, opening them to the economic interests of their multinationals by the weapons if necessary

Rompe el silencio del alba el tronar del fusil, del cañón, del obrero..

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39:24 am »
That sadly will not happen since capitalist societies have to be always seeking for new markets, opening them to the economic interests of their multinationals by the weapons if necessary

Expansion, both territorial and influencial, has been comitted by all major powers the last 200 years. It is not limited to Capitalists.