Author Topic: Napoleons Cup - NW World Championship  (Read 164065 times)

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleons Cup - NW World Championship
« Reply #1920 on: April 01, 2019, 02:28:04 am »
It’s a real shame that such a great idea has been plagued by such an incompetent host. The first problems with this tournament revolved around the group stages, in which for some inexplicable reason, 3 of the top nations were all placed in the same group, with Germany having an extremely easy group by comparison (which you somehow managed to fuck up). The fact that 3 nations advanced in the groups also meant that the groups were essentially entirely useless, and a complete waste of time doing any of the matches, the fact that NL managed to get through from the groups despite winning a grand total of 0 matches in the groups, is a testament to how ridiculously badly executed this tournament was.

I could write about the CIS “merge” but quite frankly I don’t think I need to argue why having every country east of Germany (aside from Poland) merging into an already very strong team is stupid. (realistically CIS should have been challenging to win this tourney)

Another problem of this tournament was the lack of anything regarding what to do in the case of a 5-5, which fucked CIS over completely as Shadey had to make the call himself on what to do, which is extremely unfortunate that Shadey was placed in a situation that the host should have been prepared for.
The optional half the rounds on NA rule was an absolute joke, it meant that NA playing in this tourney (for them was a complete waste of time, which no doubt assisted in their trolling/toxicity). Your decision as a host to leave certain decision up to team captains (such as NA and NL re matching, or optional 5 rounds on NA) on the premise that you would leave it up to captains as a form of fair play is completely pointless, as obviously no one is going to waste their time by doing another match, or give themselves a disadvantage in the name of fair play. When you host something like this, you need to make decisions and make sure your rules are not optional otherwise it descends into madness, salt and just as this tournament turned into, a waste of time for every nation involved.

And now the final. Firstly I’d like to make it clear I hold no grudge with NL or their players/captains, it’s a crying shame that the final of a tournament which we both worked hard to get to, has been derailed by Von Bergen whom obviously does not know his own rules (which he copy pasted from a tournament I host). The rules “If 4 or more people are shot in charge then the victim Nation may ask for a reset,” to which he decided to reset the round, despite obviously not seeing the situation at hand (admitted he was wrong when he saw the video which clearly shows no one getting shot by fic). Which in a match as close as that (4-4 before the round), however for some reason only known to himself, he decided to reset the entire round, tilting the GB team and entirely changing the course of the match.  Having a round taken from us at that stage of the match is obviously going to have a huge impact upon the match, and the fact that it was a terrible referee call that fucked up the match, rather then NL or us winning a fair match is what annoys me the most out of this. I could write all day about this, however I’m sure Bergen knows how considerably he’s fucked the finals up (which was a really good match before his fuckup) so I won’t drone on about this any longer.

To finalise, this tournament has been a complete waste of time filled with entirely needless shit from start to finish, and in my opinion (as I’m sure with most captains), you should never bother hosting one of these again, both to ensure that we don’t have to endure this again, and to ensure that Germany doesn’t have to endure your leading again.

GG NL, wish you could have won it without this sheer incompetence.
We had 11 Teams, the Group stage was meant to Balance the Teams to 8, so a Final stage was logically possible. The Group stage was Played out so poor because many Matches were surrendered by the Teams.

The CIS merge was meant to involve more people from more nations in This world Cup and was implemented transparently.

You can challenge my decision, it is your fair right to critizise me. still you had the same Chance to Win those two rounds. Yes Moral is a Big impact, but Moral counts only in Melee. Shooting is Luck and Formations are Leading skills. And a 1vs1 is all three of This.

I can understand that you are angry on me, we talked 20 Minutes on Ts about that. This tournament was the First of its Kind for a long Time in a Community nearly a decade old. It was not perfect but it was good. To the Leading i can just say that thats you Played vs me two Times with Teams that just fucked my Team in Melee, so that we even Lost the rounds where we advanced in Formation and shooting, therefore you might not use your anger to insult our Hosting and my Leading.
"It was not perfect but it was good"

Good luck finding someone that shares that view, your tournament was a shambles, and that's ignoring the colossal fuck up of the final. And our 20mins team-speak talk consisted of you trying to shift the blame for your retarded decision.

*edit Also it's pathetic that I had to be told by herishey rather then contacted by you about how after watching the video and realising how badly you realised you fucked up, you then decided to try and organise a golden round (1 round to decide the match) at like 10pm
I stand For what i said, i stand For my work and i think it is good. I think everything i said on This.
Then you are unfit to ever host another tournament again.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1921 on: April 01, 2019, 03:24:46 am »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #1922 on: April 01, 2019, 03:29:45 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=yzn_ns1BknM

best point of view imo!xd

with gaz in charge, GB would have won 10-0 xdxdxd

jokes aside, i keep saying it, anything related to 1v1 linebattle tournaments and leagues is a waste of time due to refs being shit every fucking time, be it nwl, eic or this atrocity
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #1924 on: April 01, 2019, 07:39:58 am »
WTF this video is so obvious. Its never a reset, for me not even a single slay

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:43:46 am by McPero »

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #1926 on: April 01, 2019, 08:39:31 am »
Well that was an easy match, it feels good to prove my infantry skill in this scene too, it feels good to be nr1, and god does it hurt to be this good

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #1927 on: April 01, 2019, 09:47:13 am »
I don't like winning this way, but now i won somethng
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #1928 on: April 01, 2019, 09:52:45 am »
Glad i didn't participate in this shit, oof.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:55:28 am by Kulouš »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 01, 2019, 09:53:30 am »
yeah nice chit NL, see you on the forums

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 01, 2019, 09:56:40 am »
You guys wouldnt stand a chance if team norden was in it!!!

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 01, 2019, 09:57:18 am »
your leading in 84e would say otherwise  ::)

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #1932 on: April 01, 2019, 09:58:13 am »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #1933 on: April 01, 2019, 10:00:30 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=yzn_ns1BknM

best point of view imo!xd

with gaz in charge, GB would have won 10-0 xdxdxd

jokes aside, i keep saying it, anything related to 1v1 linebattle tournaments and leagues is a waste of time due to refs being shit every fucking time, be it nwl, eic or this atrocity

EIC never had anything wrong with it tho

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 01, 2019, 10:03:23 am »
Bandej was rly good