Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 309702 times)

Offline Berkovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ne mutlu Türküm diyene!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sikik
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018 [Still in progress][Open]
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2018, 11:19:02 pm »
2. Any person who wishes to signup for a particular nation, must have been born and lived there for 5 years

I'm guessing that it doesn't matter if you are a citizen of two countries then, you HAVE to have lived in the country 5 years before you're allowed to play for them? There's no exception for this if a player has dual citizenship?

Yes, Citizenship, is something i do not deem as viable, due to citizenship means you have the right to live in a country, not that you actually do, plus 90% of the the time people saying their moms, brothers, dog has citizenship so its stupid.  Unless you were born and lived for 5 years, or 8 years living :)   Also merges will NOT be considered untill signups are closed, this prevents people not signing up just to try get a merger, so sign up to your original countries, and we will see who needs a merger

By that logic I can't play for Turkey as I only lived there for 3 years?

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2018, 11:19:55 pm »
2. Any person who wishes to signup for a particular nation, must have been born and lived there for 5 years

I'm guessing that it doesn't matter if you are a citizen of two countries then, you HAVE to have lived in the country 5 years before you're allowed to play for them? There's no exception for this if a player has dual citizenship?

Yes, Citizenship, is something i do not deem as viable, due to citizenship means you have the right to live in a country, not that you actually do, plus 90% of the the time people saying their moms, brothers, dog has citizenship so its stupid.  Unless you were born and lived for 5 years, or 8 years living :)   Also merges will NOT be considered untill signups are closed, this prevents people not signing up just to try get a merger, so sign up to your original countries, and we will see who needs a merger

So you wouldn't even consider making an exception for someone like myself (considering I am of Russian and Norwegian descent, as well as fluent in both languages) to choose which team I wish to play for? If that is the case, would an exception like this be considered if the country I'm residing in (at this moment, Norway) would be unable to gather a team?

Well no because anyone that has 1/4 or 1/8 of anything in them can say they are of a nations descent, yet may have no eligible relation to that nation apart from what their ancestors have been born into. So i proceed to enforce the same rule, and slight exceptions may be made for certain circumstances, but if the reason for people trying to persuade me is just that they can speak the language, i don't consider it viable at all. Mergers are much different to applications.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:47 pm »

Guys please can you read the damn fucking rules. 

3. Exceptions may be:
    - Have been living in that country 8 years.
    - Took part/Signed up to that same nationality in NWWC 2017

Offline Berkovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ne mutlu Türküm diyene!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sikik
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2018, 11:22:53 pm »

Guys please can you read the damn fucking rules. 

3. Exceptions may be:

Norwegian13

« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:25 pm »
Spoiler

So you wouldn't even consider making an exception for someone like myself (considering I am of Russian and Norwegian descent, as well as fluent in both languages) to choose which team I wish to play for? If that is the case, would an exception like this be considered if the country I'm residing in (at this moment, Norway) would be unable to gather a team?

Well no because anyone that has 1/4 or 1/8 of anything in them can say they are of a nations descent, yet may have no eligible relation to that nation apart from what their ancestors have been born into. So i proceed to enforce the same rule, and slight exceptions may be made for certain circumstances, but if the reason for people trying to persuade me is just that they can speak the language, i don't consider it viable at all. Mergers are much different to applications.
[close]

So if I wanted to, would you allow me to apply to play for the Russian team since I own property in Russia, as well as am a citizen of the Russian Federation?

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:56 pm »
Player Application
Nation: Netherlands
In-Game Name: Piercee
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Piercee
In-Game ID: 544121
Do you Agree to all of the Rules?:yes

Youtuber application
Spoiler

Name: Piercee
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Piercee
YouTube Link: (Just linking vid cause this forum doesn't let me send my regular link apparantly.
How often are you available?: Will try to be there for every NWWC available, my internet ain't the fastest so I usually edit and pre-load videos overnight so it doesn't ruin everyone's internet during the day.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:30:44 pm by Piercee »

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2018, 11:31:09 pm »
The whole idea is that you actually want to play for a Nation you were born in or have long ties in. Not just for a nation you just think will be fun. This obviously does not apply to people who played for their nations last year (Apart from Scotland and Ireland). So if you didn't play last year. Consider the rules:

3. Exceptions may be:

If you don't fit in any of those rules when applying, you wont be eligible, so apply for a nation you ARE eligible for, if the nation you applied for does not have enough ground to become a full team by the end of signups, merges will be considered.

Please let me know if I've made this confusing because ngl how i look at it, it cannot be anymore simple. Just look at the conditions, if you don't meet them...boom...your not eligible..simple...  Small exceptions will be made, only if you truly believe you have a right to play for a specific nation.  Add me on steam and bring it to me directly to free up the forums.  Thanks.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2018, 11:33:07 pm »
Nation: Canada
In-Game Name: Godfreid
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007703968/
In-Game ID : 415702
Do you Agree to all of the Rules?: Yes

Norwegian13

« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2018, 11:35:09 pm »
The whole idea is that you actually want to play for a Nation you were born in or have long ties in. Not just for a nation you just think will be fun. This obviously does not apply to people who played for their nations last year (Apart from Scotland and Ireland). So if you didn't play last year. Consider the rules:

3. Exceptions may be:

If you don't fit in any of those rules when applying, you wont be eligible, so apply for a nation you ARE eligible for, if the nation you applied for does not have enough ground to become a full team by the end of signups, merges will be considered.

Please let me know if I've made this confusing because ngl how i look at it, it cannot be anymore simple. Just look at the conditions, if you don't meet them...boom...your not eligible..simple...  Small exceptions will be made, only if you truly believe you have a right to play for a specific nation.  Add me on steam and bring it to me directly to free up the forums.  Thanks.

Naturally. The rules themself are very simple, my question was directly aimed about an exception. But as you said we can continue this discussion on Steam, as you seem to not have given a clear answer to my question. I'll send you a request.

Offline Ismar

• Corporal
  • Inconsistent idiot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: chokemar
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2018, 11:35:44 pm »
Player Application
Nation: Netherlands
In-Game Name: Ismar
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045337064/
In-Game ID: 653692
Do you Agree to all of the Rules?: yes
riki is so ceeewwwl

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2018, 11:37:34 pm »

3. Exceptions may be:

Naturally. The rules themself are very simple, my question was directly aimed about an exception. But as you said we can continue this discussion on Steam, as you seem to not have given a clear answer to my question. I'll send you a request.

Very sorry, am a bit confused at your request. I've a lot of things to consider, message me on steam (This goes for anyone who feels the same) and basically persuade me why you should play for that nation. sounds a bit rude so i apologise if it comes across that way.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:24 pm »
Player Application
Nation: The Netherlands
In-Game Name: RikRekt
Steam Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/RikRekt
In-Game ID: 471275
Do you Agree to all of the Rules?: Si

Norwegian13

« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:55 pm »
-

Very sorry, am a bit confused at your request. I've a lot of things to consider, message me on steam (This goes for anyone who feels the same) and basically persuade me why you should play for that nation. sounds a bit rude so i apologise if it comes across that way.

No worries.

Offline Infictus

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Senate
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2018, 11:53:06 pm »
Player Application
Nation: The Netherlands
In-Game Name: Infictus
Steam Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/Infictus