Author Topic: European Summer Cup - Signups open. Date August 8th  (Read 25036 times)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: European Summer Cup - Signups open. Date August 8th
« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2022, 02:00:38 pm »
The better the teams the lower the brain cells I see
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2022, 02:09:00 pm »
Making groups based on standings is fine. But you realize you did it the wrong way?

Let's say you have 3 groups and 4 tiers (since 4 teams are in groups). You just took basically 4 best teams from each tier and put them in one group. It means that being the worst team in the tournament gives you an easier bracket which shouldn't be right, cause you said yourself that the swiss system would affect standings and the better team does more easier bracket should have.
I don’t even mind changing the bracket to this. But that simply means that RT & Cocotouch just switch groups. Which still means that there is 1 hard group and 2 easier groups due to underperformance from some teams

If Cocotouch was in group A, gives the other good teams in that group a chance for top 2, unsure if it's ft7 or ft5. If we're looking at raw performance, in theory Renegades and RT would move into the knockouts (obviously not always the case), and with cocotouch, would allow snappers to also have a strong chance of getting top 2. Besides, RT coming top of the league, should probably have an easier group anyways.

Probably sounds very egotistical to say (though don't know another way to say it), but for sure adding cocotouch would weaken the group
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:11:27 pm by Fietta »

David_Schrein

« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2022, 02:11:27 pm »
https://challonge.com/ESCTL1

I changed the groups.

Even with the way the bracket is set right now, the seedings and especially the second stage of the tournament will be harder. But I don’t mind it. If giving the 1st seed their group makes you all satisfied. So be it

The groupstage is FT5.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:15:08 pm by [M]ovement »

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2022, 02:13:09 pm »

Impact shittiest 3rd are on the easiest group, snappers best 3rd are on the hardest group

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2022, 02:15:30 pm »

Even with the way the bracket is set right now, the seedings and especially the second stage of the tournament will be harder. But I don’t mind it. If giving the 1st seed their group makes you all satisfied. So be it

The groupstage is FT5.

To be fair, with only 4 teams in a group, should make the groupstage ft7 (especially considering only the top 2 go through and not 3), ft5 shouldn't have ever existed

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2022, 02:19:05 pm »

I changed the groups.

The groupstage is FT5.

btw for the knockouts you should swap (if you’re going to/can do) the 2nd group A with 2nd group C, so that neither group C or group A have repeat matches in the knockout stage. if challonge doesn’t let you it is what it is
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2022, 02:21:22 pm »

I changed the groups.

The groupstage is FT5.

btw for the knockouts you should swap (if you’re going to/can do) the 2nd group A with 2nd group C, so that neither group C or group A have repeat matches in the knockout stage. if challonge doesn’t let you it is what it is

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2022, 02:23:57 pm »

I changed the groups.

The groupstage is FT5.

This has happened before and they couldn't change it, instead they just didn't use the challonge for knockouts and the referee just called the matches. Don't really need to use the challonge past groups

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2022, 02:27:08 pm »

I changed the groups.

The groupstage is FT5.

This has happened before and they couldn't change it, instead they just didn't use the challonge for knockouts and the referee just called the matches. Don't really need to use the challonge past groups
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

David_Schrein

« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2022, 02:28:21 pm »

I changed the groups.

The groupstage is FT5.

Is already discussed and will be announced at the final stage, also groups is ft7 because of small amount of matches

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2022, 02:35:46 pm »
Movement taking my title for worst tournament ran

David_Schrein

« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2022, 02:37:35 pm »
atleast u had a good view of Senju vs Renegades on gibbys lap

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2022, 02:39:11 pm »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2022, 02:39:36 pm »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2022, 02:57:05 pm »
Lap? I was under the desk  ::)