Author Topic: MMA Thread  (Read 55076 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: MMA Thread
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2020, 07:54:05 am »
Reyes got ROBBED! Going into this fight I thought he had a good chance to win. Jones looked awful against Santos and figured Reyes could expose him. He dominated rounds 1-2. 3 was a close one I gotta watch it again but I thought Reyes won that. Rounds 4-5 Clearly Jones. Jon paced himself much better but should've applied more pressure. Ridiculous that the sport is tainted by horrible judges.
Reyes did not get robbed lol

Reyes won rounds 1 and 2 pretty easily through more dominant striking pretty self-explanatory.. round 3 was close and the striking was close but Jones applied way more forward octagon pressure and also wrestled more effectively in that round, and rounds 4 and 5 (CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS) are where Jones dominated the fight. You gotta beat the champ to be]the champ, and Reyes wasn't able to hurt Jones much outside of the first 2 rounds imo. Though Joe Rogan seems to think Reyes won the fight, it was kind of annoying how he was sucking Reyes' dick the whole fight

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2020, 08:33:17 am »
Reyes got ROBBED! Going into this fight I thought he had a good chance to win. Jones looked awful against Santos and figured Reyes could expose him. He dominated rounds 1-2. 3 was a close one I gotta watch it again but I thought Reyes won that. Rounds 4-5 Clearly Jones. Jon paced himself much better but should've applied more pressure. Ridiculous that the sport is tainted by horrible judges.

Reyes won rounds 1 and 2 pretty easily through more dominant striking pretty self-explanatory.. round 3 was close and the striking was close but Jones applied way more forward octagon pressure and also wrestled more effectively in that round, and rounds 4 and 5 (CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS) are where Jones dominated the fight. You gotta beat the champ to be]the champ, and Reyes wasn't able to hurt Jones much outside of the first 2 rounds imo. Though Joe Rogan seems to think Reyes won the fight, it was kind of annoying how he was sucking Reyes' dick the whole fight

Reyes won that fight man I don't care who the champ is. Reyes dominated the first two rounds. The judges were fucking pathetic the entire night. They got this one wrong too. I don't even know how anyone could possibly think Jones won 4-1. Dude should never judge anything ever again. He fucked up a fight earlier too. I honestly think it was pretty clear to everyone that it was 48-47 Reyes.

Now with that being said I am glad Jones won because this leaves all the options open for super fights that we all want to see. Honestly I think if Jones comes out like this against Stipe or even Adesanya he will get picked apart.

Reyes should get an immediate rematch I think. Probably won't tho cause sometimes that's just how it goes. I think Reyes with 5 round experience now and a training camp of knowing what to prepare for will be scary for any LHW.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2020, 05:44:01 pm »

Reyes won that fight man I don't care who the champ is. Reyes dominated the first two rounds. The judges were fucking pathetic the entire night. They got this one wrong too. I don't even know how anyone could possibly think Jones won 4-1. Dude should never judge anything ever again. He fucked up a fight earlier too. I honestly think it was pretty clear to everyone that it was 48-47 Reyes.
Pretty clear to everyone? I don't think so chief. It was a close fight. The first 2 rounds Reyes won convincingly but were not 10-8 rounds as Jones was not even knocked down and fired back with some significant strikes too. The debating round is the 3rd round which I thought Jones won due to grappling effectiveness and octagon pressure, similar strike counts so I count it even there. You can't just keep blaming the whack judge for Reyes losing.. if he posted up 48-47 Jones instead of 49-46 nobody would be saying anything.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2020, 05:50:27 pm »
I personally had it 3-2 Reyes but I can see why someone would give it to Jon. My only problem was that 49-46 scorecard, that really rubbed me the wrong way. That was a close fight, not at all a 4-1 fight. I love how Cruz named dropped him afterwards lol
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2020, 07:48:18 pm »

Pretty clear to everyone? I don't think so chief. It was a close fight. The first 2 rounds Reyes won convincingly but were not 10-8 rounds as Jones was not even knocked down and fired back with some significant strikes too. The debating round is the 3rd round which I thought Jones won due to grappling effectiveness and octagon pressure, similar strike counts so I count it even there. You can't just keep blaming the whack judge for Reyes losing.. if he posted up 48-47 Jones instead of 49-46 nobody would be saying anything.

The consensus among fans was that Reyes won. Forget about the 49-46, people would still be up in arms because most people had Reyes 3-2. I was more pissed in the moment because I thought it was pretty clear that Jones didn't do enough at the end to win back those first rounds. Watching again it was a lot closer than I thought. Honestly I haven't seen many people saying Jones won except for Jones fanboys. All the MMA fighters on twitter seem to think it was 3-2 Reyes as well.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2020, 07:56:40 pm »

The consensus among fans was that Reyes won. Forget about the 49-46, people would still be up in arms because most people had Reyes 3-2. I was more pissed in the moment because I thought it was pretty clear that Jones didn't do enough at the end to win back those first rounds. Watching again it was a lot closer than I thought. Honestly I haven't seen many people saying Jones won except for Jones fanboys. All the MMA fighters on twitter seem to think it was 3-2 Reyes as well.
Yeah I don't know about that consensus lol thats cap
Also what do you mean he didn't do enough to win back those first rounds? That's not how judging works. I'm curious as to why you thought Reyes won the third round too

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #562 on: February 09, 2020, 08:10:17 pm »
how did he win the 3rd round

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #563 on: February 09, 2020, 08:50:39 pm »
"no consensus"

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 09, 2020, 08:55:59 pm »
Love how mma commentators aren’t shills and shit talk the fuck out of the terrible judging all night.

shoutout don reyes showed some crazy heart and never gave up anything that whole fight, shame it didn’t go his way would’ve loved to see a new champ.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2020, 10:57:34 pm »

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 22, 2020, 02:42:05 am »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 23, 2020, 07:11:37 am »

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 23, 2020, 08:29:43 am »
Fury beat that ass. As soon as Wilder went down the first time, I knew it was a wrap. Right in the ear fucked his equilibrium and he could never get his legs back. Good for Fury I thought he got robbed of a win the 1st fight so this was satisfying.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #569 on: February 23, 2020, 03:00:46 pm »
Fury beat that ass. As soon as Wilder went down the first time, I knew it was a wrap. Right in the ear fucked his equilibrium and he could never get his legs back. Good for Fury I thought he got robbed of a win the 1st fight so this was satisfying.
Ye agree. good for Fury, he needed that win and now he can go an unify the belts against AJ
also Felder got robbed smh