Author Topic: Scourge of War - Gettysburg  (Read 9604 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Scourge of War - Gettysburg
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »
Just came back home, Time to play the shit out of SoW

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 06:11:01 am »
I got it. As does Chromey of the 21e. There is a multiplayer mod that makes the multiplayer campaig n of sorts. http://www.sowmp.com/gcm

no one plays mp with out it it is amazing. there is also a TS for it as well so yeah

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 09:01:32 am »
Awesome, You should join the steam group posted on first post. However we may make a change into a roleplay realistic command system called "Longstreet's Corps" Where we will host events with everyone's command postition and roleplay in-game such as using courier to pass orders and request. We will get serious about SoW in October.

Just hours ago, me and my friend who live in Fredericksburg decided to play Sandbox on fredericksburg map, playing it to the most historical accurate as we can. We did Hancock's Division assault on Maryes' Height. I went as Lafayette McLaws to defend Brompton.

Dordak actually did it everything he could by sending Zook Brigade in full battle line charging up the height but to find themselves pinned near the Swale, then he send in the Irish Brigade which advanced so far than any other brigade. The Irish Brigade was cut up so bad, they retreated as Caldwell assaulted with his giant force but McLaws held him off winning the Maryes Height.   

We plan to make more historical accurates event.

Here is some pictures of our Fredericksburg scenario.

Zook Brigade pinned at Swale as Irish Brigade charge by
[close]

Confederate Perspective on Irish Brigade's Charge
[close]

The Carnage of Maryes' Height Assault
[close]

I quote my friend's reaction to our first test of our idea we call "Virtual Reenactment"

"That was a legendary reenactment. Probably one of the coolest things I've ever done in a video game." - Dordak The Lost

AeroNinja

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 10:10:29 pm »
Gonna dl it :D hope its fun :P

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 10:49:55 pm »
Awesome dude, I hope you like it!

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 05:50:15 am »
I truly believe that it is a waste of time to not play this game with the mp community that is based on the mod Garnier's Campaign mod. It is basically a campaign that is multiplayer. As you "vevel up or "level" down your regiments allowed on field goes up or down. Your regiment losses are consistent. The battles are 30000 vs 30000 on the SMALL battles and sometimes 100000 vs. 100000(onetime exception gma elasted 5 hours btws because of internet lag to everyone). the only drawback is that the games take an hour or two sometimes three if you got a lagger playing

Edit: website www.sowmp.com

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »
Hosting series of Civil War and Napoleonic event next week.

Civil war scenarios would be based around Antietam or Gettysburg. Specific scenario will be determined. Anyone welcome to join.

Napoleonic Scenario will be based off on a random map, a pleasant for 2 vs 2 or co-op.

Contact me if you wish to take part ;)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 12:55:48 am »
So anyone got some info on the Napoleonic mod? What's it like?

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 09:49:33 am »
You can find more information about that mod.

http://www.norbsoftdev.com/index.php/forum/napoleonic-era/38048-road-to-wagram

There are several gameplay on youtube of the mod. Bear in mind, The peninsular mod is new to me, i first discovered when it was only Wagram based. However, I had a chance to download the wagram just before leaving to Germany. Took me two hours waiting for enemy to show up. I think it works better with human opponent. However, i didnt give it enough time to understand the operation of mod. (really, downloaded it two day before leaving america XD)

But i intend to get this mod working because, if it works, sure beat the hell out of NTW.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »
Just played today with Dordak, trying out the Nap War mod for the first time with co-op setting. The result was amazing, our mind was blown. We decided to play Corp vs Corp level, coming from our civil war background. We was deeply mistaken about the size, a Corp is equilvalent to a whole dang army in US. XD So basically, we had a massive battle that took us 4 hours to complete. We was chewed to pieces, Dordak went as Campbell Division and I went as Von Lowe under his command. We was rolling the French until a ridge which we captured to find ourselves surrounded and attacked by wave of french reserves. We held that ridge, it is called Campbell's Redoubt, a national treasure! XD Unforunately, Cavalry showed up and forced us to leave two brigade to hold em at bay with squares while the others attempt to take the objective. Seeing how it delayed us, i decided to leave the ridge at the double quick, hoping the cavalry will hit someone else which they did. I did a desperate bayonet c harge at grande artillery which we held the objective for 5 minute then destoryed to pieces.   

However, we claimed victory in this destruction considering we lost 2k men and the french lost 4 and half thousand men. We put the hurt on the frenchies.

Pics here.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:34:20 pm by DeoVindice61 »

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
However, we claimed victory in this destruction considering we lost 2k men and the french lost 4 and half thousand men. We put the hurt on the frenchies.

That was only for our division.(we inflicted ~45000 casualties and only lost ~2,000) However, the losses for the battle were probably around 10-15 thousand on both sides. There were about 100,000 men engaged.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:41:52 pm by Dordak_the_Lost »

AeroNinja

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 08:04:14 pm »
Tried it it was fun :)

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 08:33:04 pm »
Headquarters Campbell's Division
Near Salzkotten, Germany, October 29, 1813

SIR: I have the honor to submit the following report as to the part borne by this division in the action of October 29, 1813, near Wurzbach, Germany:

Around 1300 hours, I received orders to move my division towards the town of Salzkotten. I gave the necessary orders and the division began at once to move west along a dirt road with the right wing of the corps. My division was near front of the column. We had been marching for ten to fifteen minutes when reports of French cavalry began coming in from scouts just ahead of the column. Approximately five minutes later, I spotted what I believed was a French division forming north of the road near a place called Wurzbach. I immediately ordered the division to form on a ridge north of the road to guard the column as it continued on to Salzkotten. I formed a line on top of the ridge consisting of General Wheatley's brigade as the left wing and Col Fermor's brigade as the right. Col Lowe's brigade was placed behind the main line in reserve. I placed Major Gardiner's battery on the crest in front of the infantry and they began shelling the French infantry with great results.

The French Division began maneuvering but was checked by British cavalry. The cavalry was attempting to protect the main column that was marching towards the massive battle that was now raging at Salzkotten. After twenty minutes of shelling the French, the cavalry began harassing and attacking the enemy division's flank. It was at this time that I ordered General Wheatley's brigade forward with orders to probe the enemy. I also moved Col Fermor's brigade forward to support Wheatley's flank. The French division, weakened by artillery and repeated cavalry attacks, was weaker than I had anticipated so I ordered General Wheatley to increase his pressure and directly attack the opposing forces. I then ordered Col. Fermor to probe the right flank of the enemy.

General Wheatley's brigade made great progress and was driving the French back when Col Fermor ordered his command to attack the French Battery. The French guns made a gallant stand and drove Fermor's brigade back. I then ordered the Brigade of Col Lowe forward to replace Col Fermor's brigade in the fight with the order to drive off the French battery. I also ordered Major Gardiner's guns to fire on the enemy artillery. Col Lowe's troops executed an amazing bayonet charge against the stubborn battery driving them off and capturing two guns which were turned to fire on the rest of the enemy division. The troops belonging to Col Lowe behaved with extreme courage and bravery. After the enemy battery was taken care of, I ordered Col Lowe to assist General Wheatley's brigade with finishing off the now breaking French division. A few minutes later I received word that the rest of the corps had broken through the defense at Salzkotten and the battle had been won!

My division lost 938 men. We estimate that the division inflicted 1,346 enemy casualties.

I am, sir, very respectfully, your obedient servant,
Henry Campbell
Major General, Commanding Division.

One of the two massive columns.
Spoiler
[close]

French division forming north of the road. I have just set up on the ridge.
Spoiler
[close]

The division formed on the ridge while the column continues to march behind us.
Spoiler
[close]

Lowe's brigade charging the battery.
Spoiler
[close]

My complements to Cook for his glorious bayonet charge against the battery.
Spoiler
[close]

Other notes:
Cook(DeoVindice61) commanded Lowe's brigade

Total forces engaged
49,030 Coalition troops
45,642 French troops

Overall casualties for entire battle
13909 Coalition
11235 French
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:58:58 pm by Dordak_the_Lost »

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:42 pm »
Tried it it was fun :)

You should join us sometime on Gettysburg or Nap War mod. We'll be glad to have more players.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 09:33:12 am »
How's the cavarly in this mod?