Author Topic: Developer Blog 22 - In-game Teaser  (Read 90210 times)

Offline Mark

• Donator
  • Mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mark
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 22 - In-game Teaser
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2014, 02:49:28 am »
Looking mighty fine!

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:37 am »
What animation?

now that is awesome 

nice reload time! and with lots of animation
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2014, 03:31:25 am »
Personally, I feel the animation is way too fast. I'm not saying make it a full 30+ seconds, but I think at least 20 seconds should do it. That was 13 seconds, way too fast. Rifles didn't even reload that fast.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2014, 03:36:27 am »
Well i can load my Flintlock in under 10 seconds so, seems realistic of a trained soldier

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2014, 03:36:44 am »
Personally, I feel the animation is way too fast. I'm not saying make it a full 30+ seconds, but I think at least 20 seconds should do it. That was 13 seconds, way too fast. Rifles didn't even reload that fast.

In terms of gameplay I think it's perfect, especially with as much terrain as we're going to have.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2014, 03:41:38 am »

Really? I can reload a Minie Musket in about 15 seconds, fast time was 12.72 I think
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2014, 03:51:35 am »

Really? I can reload a Minie Musket in about 15 seconds, fast time was 12.72 I think

proof or lie

also blanks don't count
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2014, 04:00:27 am »

Now do that under fire. I read a pretty in deph book talking about the rifles musket in civil war combat and it said on average a soldier fired a shot every minute in battle. Fear fatigue and distractions could be the cause of this but the main cause would likelly be atributed to terror and stress. For gameplay this wouldnt be practical of course.

I know while I was reenacting at Gettysburg I fired extremely slower that my normal events due to stress (in a good way), taking everything in, distractions and listening to orders.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:03:20 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2014, 04:13:07 am »
Well, yeah, the environment defiantly has a factor on your ability to do quick motions, I won't deny that. When I timed myself I was on a quiet shooting range in Boston (Well, Sudbury) in the fall. While someone is yelling at me and I see other people firing, there's going to be some variables thrown in there.

I also did cheat a bit, I kept my rod on my belt and pre-tore the cartridge. I'd say in battle I'd have a 20 second speed.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:41 am »
Well, yeah, the environment defiantly has a factor on your ability to do quick motions, I won't deny that. When I timed myself I was on a quiet shooting range in Boston (Well, Sudbury) in the fall. While someone is yelling at me and I see other people firing, there's going to be some variables thrown in there.

I also did cheat a bit, I kept my rod on my belt and pre-tore the cartridge. I'd say in battle I'd have a 20 second speed.

there ya go.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2014, 04:23:53 am »

there ya go.

It's a tooth thing, I got permanent braces in the back of my top and bottom front row and the paper gets stuck there sometimes. The rod thing I do in batte for sake of preference, I only keep it in the proper area when marching.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2014, 04:38:20 am »

there ya go.

It's a tooth thing, I got permanent braces in the back of my top and bottom front row and the paper gets stuck there sometimes. The rod thing I do in batte for sake of preference, I only keep it in the proper area when marching.

FAAAARRRBB. they didnt have braces back then ;D although i think that they did have leg braces...

seriously though, the rod thing is historically incorrect too afaik ;D

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2014, 04:40:45 am »
Now now chaps, go Home ,
 ;)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2014, 04:46:30 am »
Now now chaps, go Home ,
 ;)

we may be stuffed on funnel cakes and not willing to move.

Can someone pull  us back to "historical reenactment"
Spoiler
[close]

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2014, 04:59:01 am »
Spoiler
[close]