Author Topic: NW Duel League strikes back? O.o  (Read 3392 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
NW Duel League strikes back? O.o
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:19:33 pm »
So basically, this is my idea for the 3rd NW Duel League. Itll be a helluva lot different, and function a helluva alot different, and I think itll be a helluva lot better.

Heres the google doc because I typed it up there and I am too lazy to type it up/paste it here.

(WARNING: I drafted it up when I was really tired. Prepare yourself for typos/errors ye frikin grammar nazis.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kU5ITBQVPMhslu0H_aAIGH-VptKlbrhrcFIxVH4XWqg/pub

If it is popular enough, I will post the official thread for the tournament and open signups in the next few days.

Now im going to bed. Please post what you think.

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: NW Duel League strikes back? O.o
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:21:59 pm »
Community Name: KillerShark
Steam Name: You got me
Regiment: 18th

Put me in coach
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:11 pm »
I think this would be fun given the recent lack of activity for some of the older regiments. As I told you in Steam, I doubt any person cares about prizes. For many, the epeen is enough.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 02:30:56 pm »
What Mack said. And i'm tired of the same duel tournies and 5v5 matches, i'm glad 18th are doing creative tournies.
One question- so  if I get third in the gold division, it means I can't go up a division AND won't be participating in the playoffs, correct?
And in the playoff phase, the people who make there way up to the top in the Masters group without being brought down means they win it all, correct? OR will it be like, all 6 divisions get a winner? How do you win?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:29 pm »
What Mack said. And i'm tired of the same duel tournies and 5v5 matches, i'm glad 18th are doing creative tournies.
One question- so  if I get third in the gold division, it means I can't go up a division AND won't be participating in the playoffs, correct?
And in the playoff phase, the people who make there way up to the top in the Masters group without being brought down means they win it all, correct? OR will it be like, all 6 divisions get a winner? How do you win?
If you are going to do it with multiple leagues then you should probably do it like I did in the [FG]Duel League and have League A, B and C for the first season instead of League 1, 2, 3 as the leagues skill groups will be very mixed for the first season.So basically the top third of each league go to the league 1, the middle third league 2 and the bottom third league 3, this would balance them out (more than any other way quickly).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 08:44:07 pm »
+1

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:49:28 pm »
helluva

Offline Chev

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 11:10:53 pm »
Needs lots of commitment o.o

Offline csderp

• Sergeant Major
  • serenity now
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_ColFo_CSDrep
Rock the casbah

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 11:13:35 pm »
I'd sign up...

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 11:50:27 pm »

1.That is correct. If you are 3rd in Gold division, you cant go up or participate in the playoffs.

2. Alright I think you misunderstood how this works. Its kind of like playoffs in baseball:

Imagine that bracket, except remove the bracket on the right side. The playoffs are designed so that the lower division you are, the harder it is to win, but still allowing them to compete. If a Bronze makes it all the way to the top and faces the Masters player without being brought down, they dont automatically win it all, they have to beat the Masters player as well. A sample bracket would be like the bracket above, except the Indians and the Rays would be #1 and 2 of Bronze, the Red Sox being the winner of #1 vs. 2 for Silver, the Tigers being the winner of #1 and 2 for Gold. You feel?

As for each division getting a winner, I guess I could do that. But honestly, a players goal in this league should not be "The Gold Division Champion"(as it still means there are roughly 18 players better than you that could have won it as well),but it should be to get promoted to Masters Division THEN win their league. Now for the "How do you win?" or "Who wins?" I guess there are two winners: one for the regular season, one for the post season. The regular season winner is the dude who is #1 in Masters, and the post season winner is the winner of the playoffs.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:53:22 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:58 pm »
Needs lots of commitment o.o

Ye. I dont plan to shoulder all the commitment alone, however. I would ideally like to hunt down alot of people I trust to help me organize it, and eventually hand the competition as a whole off to somebody else so I can finally compete in it myself.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 12:01:14 am »
Seems Cool

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 12:01:49 am »
If you are going to do it with multiple leagues then you should probably do it like I did in the [FG]Duel League and have League A, B and C for the first season instead of League 1, 2, 3 as the leagues skill groups will be very mixed for the first season.So basically the top third of each league go to the league 1, the middle third league 2 and the bottom third league 3, this would balance them out (more than any other way quickly).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah that does sound like a pretty solid way to sort people. I guess I could throw 6 people randomly into the 6 divisions, and at the end of the season, I put all the #1s in Masters, #2s in Diamond, #3s in plat etc etc, and maybe do a post-season knockout tournament for the Masters division to get a regular season winner (or just not have one at all).

However, I kind of want to keep the league interesting right off the bat, so I can keep the momentum and get it off the ground, and I dont think having RNG based groups would get the job done (RNG groups have been done before). Because of this, I would guestimate and place players in leagues based on my own opinion, and nobody elses just to make sure all the QQ and rage is focused on me. Maybe id even make players agree to not qq in about their placement when signing up, just so theres no qq in the first place.

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 12:02:55 am »
lights
camera
action
epeen