Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 63263 times)

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hessian Daddy (seeking shelter in the Uk atm)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Cdt_James_vanKliff
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread
« Reply #525 on: May 12, 2018, 11:07:32 am »
Well finally Marvel did something, that could have an impact on the universe but too little (well in this case probalby too much) too late. Either it´s some mass revival via infinty stone bs or other normies stepping up into the role of the persished heroes, meeh. Thanos surely was the star of the movie and killed it for me so much, that i went out of cinema without the rather empty feeling I got after watching the rest of the franchise, besides Ironman I
Do you have enemies? Good, that means you´ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Drop ya pants prick

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #526 on: May 13, 2018, 03:25:03 am »
Any big Predator franchise fans here that are unsure about how the next movie is going to be?
It's looking a bit grim with how they're trying to revert the whole backstory about Predators with trying to say they're trying to morph stuff about them to get even stronger when predators pretty much are top of the line already in power levels.
The whole predator society thing is based around hunting and in the lore they're tested from a young age to kill xenomorphs, if they succeed they keep advancing to further levels and rise in the tribe. If they don't, well they die.
Even the ones who designed the xenomorph and aliens in general (engineers) need to fight properly to be able to take out a predator, which usually is an even fight.

Just doesn't make sense for predators to want to mix their DNA with humans but oh well.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #527 on: May 13, 2018, 04:37:44 am »
Well the trailer was shit, but theres still alot of people interested to see how it turns out.

Personally I will watch it but its just a low budget spin off so nothing really to expect from it.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #528 on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:34 pm »
Well the trailer was shit, but theres still alot of people interested to see how it turns out.

Personally I will watch it but its just a low budget spin off so nothing really to expect from it.
This.

What made the first Predator good was the isolated setting and sheer hopelessness. Now that's all gone.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #529 on: June 03, 2018, 05:26:29 am »
Just finished MindHunters on Netflix and, being a huge fan of criminal minds and serial killer shows, loved it. Has anyone else here seen it, and if so, thoughts?

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 03, 2018, 07:28:55 am »
Yeah, saw it couple of months back, pretty disturibing and interesting to have a look at how serial killer profileling came to live. Especially loved all the the scenes where Holden and Bill where interviewing these high profile murderers like Ed Kemper or Brudos. The cemestry between old, down to earth Bill and this flipping, overexcited Holden was just the cherry on top. 
But disgussing crime Series by Netflix, Mindhunters only made it rank 2 for me on that service. Manhunt: Unabomber killed it for me.
Do you have enemies? Good, that means you´ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Drop ya pants prick

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #531 on: June 04, 2018, 12:14:14 pm »
Just finished MindHunters on Netflix and, being a huge fan of criminal minds and serial killer shows, loved it. Has anyone else here seen it, and if so, thoughts?

Yeah it was good.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 18, 2018, 10:30:27 am »
Interstellar best movie ever tbh
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:05 pm »

Yeah just until like 4/5 of the movie and suddenly bookshelf ghost shit is starting to happen. Soundtrack, especially No Time For Caution is outstanding, one of Zimmer´s best imo

Drop ya pants prick

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2018, 07:31:53 pm »
Has Christopher Nolan ever had a flop? Inception and Interstellar are two of the best films I've ever seen.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 18, 2018, 08:33:01 pm »

Yeah just until like 4/5 of the movie and suddenly bookshelf ghost shit is starting to happen. Soundtrack, especially No Time For Caution is outstanding, one of Zimmer´s best imo

The music gets me every time... Hans Zimmer is a Genius.
Tbh I really liked that bookshelf stuff since it shows pretty much that idea of the dimension/tesseract thing. I loved the combination of physics (as far as I remember Nolan cooperated with a relativity/QM Expert) and the dramatical part. Only thing I did not enjoy was the delevopment of the son, didn't make that much sense.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 20, 2018, 03:50:39 am »
Incredibles 2 was a fantastic movie
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 30, 2018, 01:00:29 am »
mindhunter is pretty good yo
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 30, 2018, 02:38:08 am »
Has Christopher Nolan ever had a flop? Inception and Interstellar are two of the best films I've ever seen.
Nope. Dunkirk was amazing too. Guy is easily one of the best directors out there

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 30, 2018, 09:58:37 am »
Nope. Dunkirk was amazing too. Guy is easily one of the best directors out there

Dunkirk was dense, had it´s outstanding thrilling soundtrack, but it was filled with so much madness, like german soldiers firing on that stranded boat, which was depicted to be like a few steps shoreside form the mole and the rest of the B.E.F.? Spitfires with infinte ammo on board and stuff like that. And when Nolan thinks the audience is struck with feelings at the end, most people didn´t give a damn about that litte boy. But what? Flight Lt whatever his name was gets captured, when he was the only one still fighting the germans and saving his useless comrades arses, buh fucking duh, what about the frenchmen still holding in the city and were don´t even asked by the royal navy a pick em up. False pictured heroism ,tho that dude on the skipper, he was ballz imo.

Also 2012s The Dark Knight Rises, come on last act was pretty hastly written
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:00:24 am by vanKliff »

Drop ya pants prick