Author Topic: Origin of your name.  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Bastard

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Origin of your name.
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »
Mine is simple, I am hoping one day to be called "Major Bastard"? Get it? Bad joke I know ...

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
Re: Origin of your name.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:06:31 pm »
KillerMongoose struck my fancy just randomly one day while playing Native a few years ago, I like mongooses, and they are quite the killers, I just put it together and it sounded right.

WaffleBorn came around the time of Skyrim's announcement (surprising right?) the name came from my love of Belgium and Belgian things. I even made a little... spoof of the Skyrim trailer...

A post I made on my old regiment's thread back in MM
You should have acted,
they're already here,
the Belgian scrolls told of their return,
their defeat was merely a delay,
until the time after France opened,
when the sons of Europe would spill their own blood,
but no one wanted to believe,
believe he even existed,
and when the truth finally dawns,
it dawns in musket fire!
But,
there's one they fear,
in their tongue, he is Wovahkiin,
Waffleborn!

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:26:15 pm »
Well in real life my parents decided to call me Jacob, and I like my name so I decided to keep it and not change it :P

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:37 pm »
My colleague and I decided to start up a nipplestockings business, and he suggested that I change my name to Nipplestockings to help advertise. We sold nipplestockings wholesale in family packs, party packs, and pet packs. As a side deal we offered to carry out the nipple enhancement and hardening procedure which included welding titanium plates onto your nipples to lock the nipplestockings in place. This deal was offered for 25% off the entire package, and if you had more than five people subscribe to the nipple enhancement and hardening deal you would get another 10% off.

This business was quite successful and today I'm quite a rich man, but those days are behind me. The name stuck and I've used Nipplestockings on my job applications, drivers license, and college applications. In real life I'm known as Pippie Nipplestockings, and I am known for my nipples.

Offline GoblinOverlord

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GoblinOverlord
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:09:03 pm »
My colleague and I decided to start up a nipplestockings business, and he suggested that I change my name to Nipplestockings to help advertise. We sold nipplestockings wholesale in family packs, party packs, and pet packs. As a side deal we offered to carry out the nipple enhancement and hardening procedure which included welding titanium plates onto your nipples to lock the nipplestockings in place. This deal was offered for 25% off the entire package, and if you had more than five people subscribe to the nipple enhancement and hardening deal you would get another 10% off.

This business was quite successful and today I'm quite a rich man, but those days are behind me. The name stuck and I've used Nipplestockings on my job applications, drivers license, and college applications. In real life I'm known as Pippie Nipplestockings, and I am known for my nipples.

For a brief moment I believed you.   :D

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:49:53 pm »
Israeli Defense Force - Kind of straight forward :)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
The first modder for NW.

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 06:00:50 pm »
Sir, I seem to be lost in the forums! Send for help:(

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:31 pm »
Easy explained: made a thread about the same topic way before this topic. Died then someone else tried to make their own. Which moved to mine again which revived it then died again. Then this thread which lets me see that people dont always look around or use search function. So... As also rules for the forums it says not to make 2 threads about the same topic. So i dont know
The first modder for NW.

Offline MrBjarzii

• Sergeant Major
  • There is no such thing as luck.. Im a Swede.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrBjarzii
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »
First my nick was my last name, but then i meet cenzii and i toke the zii from his name, im so cruel :3 then it became Bjarzii, then MrBjarzii.. Now im pretty much SonBjarzii since im crusaders adopted son :P
PIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:01 pm »
I have a fetish for Caribbean dictators.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »
Crusader - i used to study the Crusades and thats whence it came, i don't use it apart from NW anymore

SirCymro is the name i tend to use, it means Sir Welshman when translated and celebrates my heritage - Sir for England, knights and shit, then Cymro for Wales

Adminborn, not a clue how i got that but i use it in NW all the time now
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline Niophoris

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »
Niophoris - I was trying to come up with a cool in-game name by switching and mixing around the letters in my first and last name, I took the last three letters on my last name and the last two of my first name, mashed them together than added "oris", don't know where I got from. I was trying to come up with something that sounded cool and almost medieval-like and "Niophoris" fit perfectly in my opinion and it kinda reflected me personally or whatever, so yeah...