Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524444 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5235 on: November 04, 2020, 06:32:02 pm »
This election cycle came very close to being a 269 to 269 tie. That would've been fun to gone through.
Biden winning that 1 vote in Nebraska turns out to be a game changer

I still think Trump is gonna pull through. Idk just my gut feeling

Trump gonna lose Wisconsin and Michigan and that’ll mean Biden wins. I would much rather be Biden than Trump right now. You can also tell Trump is panicking just look at his tweets. He knows he’s going down.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5236 on: November 04, 2020, 06:36:24 pm »
I don't want to be hasty when I say this, but it seems like this will be the last time the republicans can securely win states like Texas and Georgia. Therefore, meaning the road for a republican president will be harder and harder each election cycle with all the new demographics in those areas. Of course if those areas continue to go out and vote. But knowing America this will only lead to 2 years later people going out and voting republican in house and senate just to split the American government presidency and congress.

Trump definitely left a mark on the Supreme Court for the future.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:39:15 pm by RussianFury »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5237 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:39 pm »
what an election

Spoiler
[close]
click here to join the 84th

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #5238 on: November 04, 2020, 07:34:50 pm »
Trump is winning Pennsylvania by 500,000 with just 64% reporting in. If the projections aren't as worthless as they appear then maybe Biden wins there.

NE-2 is literally a game changer which I don't think anyone quite expected. It's just 1 electoral vote but in a race as tight as this you need all that you can get your hands on.

Trump's recounts in the Great Lakes states will probably decide the final outcome.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5239 on: November 04, 2020, 07:42:05 pm »
Trump train got derailed. I doubt a recount changes much

It’s gonna be a lot harder for Republicans to win in the future unless they move more to the left imo
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:44:59 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #5240 on: November 04, 2020, 07:59:26 pm »
is it safe to bet on Biden now?  ???

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: November 04, 2020, 08:03:43 pm »
Same day voting is heavily republican and mail/absentee is heavy democratic.  That is why you hear people referring to the blue and red mirages.  Some states are slow or dont count the latter until during or after election day while other states are ahead of it and have it already done by the time the polls close.  It is up to each state and county to work it out based on the laws.  This is why you saw trump far ahead in some states, and biden far ahead in others, but as both votes are finally combined, it is a lot closer. 

Generally speaking, the US likes keeping whoever the incumbent is.  Unless it is a large wave year, incumbents are safe.  In my lifetime, every president has been elected to 2 terms.(tbd this election)  Similar for senators in my state.(only 3 total, 1 of which retired)

Referring to the posts above about Tx and GA.  republicans have won the popular vote nation wide once since 2000. The electoral college has saved them here.    States that have a lot of hispanic votes could be what decides future races in the southern states.  On the flip side, democrats have to keep an eye on the rust belt.  It has imo been leaning more and more republican.  I know my state went from a purple to a lean red.  Who knows where we will be in 10 years, with all the demographics shifts.

I doubt a recount shifts a vote total much.  You would need a lot of ballots to be tossed out to make a difference.  Of course any court decisions could add or remove some.  20K is a lot to make up though. 

I think both parties need to move back to the center, if they want to have a chance at flipping any states or seats.  The more polarized it gets, the fewer states that matter. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: November 04, 2020, 08:20:43 pm »
All the democrats from NY, NJ, and California moving to states like Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida has impacted and will further impact elections in the future. Republicans won’t win unless they have a polarizing figure like Trump or a young charismatic candidate that is moderate and not very conservative.

I personally think the party system is trash and we need to do something about it. These two candidates are garbage and the other parties could’ve had a huge opportunity here to win votes (Almost like Gary Johnson in 2016). The media doesn’t give any other parties attention and I feel like third party candidates do a shit job of marketing and using the internet to influence votes.

Now we are stuck with Joe Biden for a couple years and then a Marxist in Kamala Harris for the rest of the term.

Yang 2024

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: November 04, 2020, 08:39:20 pm »
Trump train got derailed. I doubt a recount changes much

It’s gonna be a lot harder for Republicans to win in the future unless they move more to the left imo

I think derail is too harsh of a term. Trump is on track to be the second most voted candidate in history. Nearly 70 million votes are for him. The Republicans don't need to move left, they just need someone who has the ideology of Trump that isn't a complete ignoramus. Come 2024 expect someone far more cunning, that is if we don't implode by then.

Also watch Arizona again, it's reverting back to a tossup
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:41:50 pm by Sgt.Winters »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5245 on: November 04, 2020, 08:58:36 pm »
All the democrats from NY, NJ, and California moving to states like Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida has impacted and will further impact elections in the future. Republicans won’t win unless they have a polarizing figure like Trump or a young charismatic candidate that is moderate and not very conservative.

I personally think the party system is trash and we need to do something about it. These two candidates are garbage and the other parties could’ve had a huge opportunity here to win votes (Almost like Gary Johnson in 2016). The media doesn’t give any other parties attention and I feel like third party candidates do a shit job of marketing and using the internet to influence votes.

Now we are stuck with Joe Biden for a couple years and then a Marxist in Kamala Harris for the rest of the term.

Yang 2024
yeah Gary Johnson the pothead with his brain fried is a great example of third party candidates

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: November 04, 2020, 09:06:42 pm »

Yang 2024
yeah Gary Johnson the pothead with his brain fried is a great example of third party candidates
I'm just stating that he actually got a decent chunk of votes. I believe a third party candidate has the ability to actually compete for votes especially if they run a good campaign. There was no better time than now for someone to step up outside of the Republican or Democratic parties, and nobody took advantage. All it takes nowadays is an internet movement. 

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: November 04, 2020, 09:17:02 pm »

Yang 2024
I'm just stating that he actually got a decent chunk of votes. I believe a third party candidate has the ability to actually compete for votes especially if they run a good campaign. There was no better time than now for someone to step up outside of the Republican or Democratic parties, and nobody took advantage. All it takes nowadays is an internet movement.

If a third party candidate ever gets big in this current climate, it will simply be a repeat of Ross Perot. The political tribalism runs too deep for any other party to make wiggle room. All you can hope for is that demographics shift just enough for the DNC and GOP to actually listen

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #5248 on: November 04, 2020, 10:07:24 pm »
See, Trump has ruined the Republican Party. Now majority of the youth and the country in general thinks Republicans are just a bunch of racist rednecks. When that really isn't the case. So Democrats are going to dominate for the foreseeable future, as most of these die hard trump supporters are going to literally die off. The Republican Party needs a candidate like Marco Rubio. Someone to try and be more moderate and reconnect with more youthful voters that lean towards the middle.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #5249 on: November 04, 2020, 10:08:11 pm »