Author Topic: So You Think You Can List (Updated)  (Read 11199 times)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: So You Think You Can List
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2019, 05:58:57 am »
AHL is nowhere near the top five lmao
I can smell a salty Czech Extraliga fan :p

hardly a fan I don't watch extraliga, just saying, AHL isn't top five  :P

AHL is only a small step up from the NCAA imo, probably right outside the top 5

Top 7 easily imo

Top 7? The only leagues that you could make the argument are better than the AHL are the KHL and SHL (obviously the NHL too) and even those leagues are by no means miles ahead of the AHL either, the KHL is extremely top-heavy with only a few teams being contenders each year much like the NBA. The SHL while more balanced than the KHL in terms of competition between teams lacks some of the higher end talent that the KHL has (but with Gusev in Vegas now it only make the KHL look worse). Also if you take into account that the rink is thinner and thus leads to both a faster paced and more physical game and on top of all that their season is also longer than both the SHL and the KHL, to say that the AHL is "just a small step from the NCAA" or only "top 7 easily" is demonstrably false. The ECHL is far more comparable to NCAA and if you really think that Liiga, DEL, NLA, or Extraliga can compete with the AHL then I doubt anything I say will make you change your mind. The AHL is at the very LEAST the 4th best league and the argument could easily be made that it is the 3rd or even the 2nd best league.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2019, 06:27:59 am »
Bruins suck
click here to join the 84th

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2019, 04:48:07 pm »

Top 7 easily imo

Top 7? The only leagues that you could make the argument are better than the AHL are the KHL and SHL (obviously the NHL too) and even those leagues are by no means miles ahead of the AHL either, the KHL is extremely top-heavy with only a few teams being contenders each year much like the NBA. The SHL while more balanced than the KHL in terms of competition between teams lacks some of the higher end talent that the KHL has (but with Gusev in Vegas now it only make the KHL look worse). Also if you take into account that the rink is thinner and thus leads to both a faster paced and more physical game and on top of all that their season is also longer than both the SHL and the KHL, to say that the AHL is "just a small step from the NCAA" or only "top 7 easily" is demonstrably false. The ECHL is far more comparable to NCAA and if you really think that Liiga, DEL, NLA, or Extraliga can compete with the AHL then I doubt anything I say will make you change your mind. The AHL is at the very LEAST the 4th best league and the argument could easily be made that it is the 3rd or even the 2nd best league.

I simply don't see the qualities of the top European leagues in the AHL. While I agree with the thinner rink, I still don't think it justifies the AHL to be anywhere above top 6-7.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2019, 09:50:11 pm »
Then why don't more players from top Euro leagues go into the NHL, and why do players just below the NHL only go Euro if they are either Russian in the K or can't get an AHL contract?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2019, 02:05:50 am »

Top 7 easily imo

I simply don't see the qualities of the top European leagues in the AHL. While I agree with the thinner rink, I still don't think it justifies the AHL to be anywhere above top 6-7.

Care to elaborate on what these qualities are?
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline ManiacBullseye

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maniac
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2019, 04:16:00 am »
I 5-2ed Bill in the duel tourney, and I deserve to be higher on the autism list because I still play NW and enjoy siege events.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2019, 04:20:32 am »
ding dong bannu

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2019, 11:16:36 am »
*UPDATE*

NA Duel List

- Several players added and moved

Autism Rankings

- Several players added and moved

Soon-to-come

-NA gfing list (Ya'll want to make autistic lists? Well I've got something brewin)

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2019, 12:11:32 pm »
How am I more autistic than all these poor people who go to a worse university than me
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2019, 12:16:20 pm »
How am I more autistic than all these poor people who go to a worse university than me
You like catgirls

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2019, 12:20:28 pm »
Wow I’m honored to be high on a list
click here to join the 84th

Offline Runepkyz