Author Topic: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.  (Read 12986 times)

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:46 am »
I believe that many people switched because they were told, and reassured multiple times that the NW Board is going to be completely obliterated, and that we had a week to switch.

"We will give you one week to port over all your threads and to settle down in the new forums."

What happens to this sub forum after this 1 week you have given?

Deleted.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,254493.0.html

Explanation please?
Was this a lie?
was this communication with Taleworlds?
I'd like some thorough explaining, because to be honest. I'm ticked.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 05:27:33 pm »

Please check the dates before you comment on something...

Daniel and Vince said it on the 12th.

However the guy who changed it. "Captain Lust" changed it on the 15th of November.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:02:23 PM by Captain Lust »

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »
Taleworlds, or well, Captain Lust, their community manager believed it was best to keep the forums open. since it is still also somewhat of a Taleworlds product.

However, we will not use their forums anymore, meaning none of us, our moderation/administration staff and so on will frequent them and take care of them.
So it is basically a lawless place without any support for new players. But that is what Captain lust wanted, so he can take care of supporting the people there then.

We have fully moved over and do not wish to hold two forums at the same time, and our team, moderators and admins will stay here. so will everyone of the community, this is the main board now and it will remain to be so.

Links will be put up in the Taleworlds forums towards our forum to make it more clear for people to find the real community.

Hope this solves any confusion.

Can't you assign some community members who can mute, delete topics, et cetera? Kind of unfair to leave and just leave it as a forum open for racism, trolling, and so on.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »

However the guy who changed it. "Captain Lust" changed it on the 15th of November.

I was linking questions & Replies.
However I didn't link the Original post by Vince because it has been edited, But just like everyone here we've all read it.

From what I've gathered is that Vince doesn't want Taleworlds involving itself directly in NW, However my question is why there was a "1 week notice".
Why threaten the entire community with a "You have one week to move". I don't think that was necessary at all, And I'm sure Taleworld's didn't force them to move in a week.

And I recall that when I implied that it was kind of "forced" I was corrected by some people that said "Yes it is forced, You don't really have a choice".

As I've said before, I'm all for moving to another forum, However I don't like the idea of being forced to do so.
Personally I feel like cattle being herded to the other side, and not because it's greener, but because there's a dog barking at you, telling you to go there.

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »

However I didn't link the Original post by Vince because it has been edited, But just like everyone here we've all read it.

From what I've gathered is that Vince doesn't want Taleworlds involving itself directly in NW, However my question is why there was a "1 week notice".
Why threaten the entire community with a "You have one week to move". I don't think that was necessary at all, And I'm sure Taleworld's didn't force them to move in a week.

And I recall that when I implied that it was kind of "forced" I was corrected by some people that said "Yes it is forced, You don't really have a choice".

As I've said before, I'm all for moving to another forum, However I don't like the idea of being forced to do so.
Personally I feel like cattle being herded to the other side, and not because it's greener, but because there's a dog barking at you, telling you to go there.

It's pretty simple actually...you move to this forums where you can get all the support and information you need or you can stay in the TW forums not having any ideia whats happening.

And no one is forcing the players to port to this forum...altough all Devs, Mods, and Admins left the TW forum

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »

It's pretty simple actually...you move to this forums where you can get all the support and information you need or you can stay in the TW forums not having any ideia whats happening.

And no one is forcing the players to port to this forum...altough all Devs, Mods, and Admins left the TW forum

No, It was forced, You can see from what I've quoted. Vince basically posted "We're moving to FSEgames.eu. We're giving you 1 week to move before all the threads here will be deleted" And a day or two later the threads started to be unstickied, and you had people panicking about the threads being removed.

It's one thing to put the community through all that, But it's a completely different thing to avoid explaining it.

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »

No, It was forced, You can see from what I've quoted. Vince basically posted "We're moving to FSEgames.eu. We're giving you 1 week to move before all the threads here will be deleted" And a day or two later the threads started to be unstickied, and you had people panicking about the threads being removed.

It's one thing to put the community through all that, But it's a completely different thing to avoid explaining it.

You have here Vince explaining it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,254942.0.html

And what requires explanation? FSE is moving to a new forum...those who want to continue with their support just move aswell.

Simple as that...

But the problem is some people dont want to losse their "so replyed thread which is awesome and so famous in the TW forums". I think THAT is what causing the problem

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »
Well regardless of what is said the real reason(s) for moving forums are blatantly obvious.

If vince had said that they will be making their own forums as well as the TW one in the first place I do not believe that people would have left TW, I think the only reason why people did is because we were told that we have 1 week to move and all of the game resources (patches, Info) threads were deleted.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:58:17 pm by Daniel »

Offline Moogs

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Moogs
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:52 pm »
I think the only reason why people did is because we were told that we have 1 week to move and all of the game resources (patches, Info) threads were deleted.

Pretty much how I saw it.

Never the less, I will still be using both forums. Luckily TW is blessed with a group of very active moderators who will keep an eye on the NW forums as well as the rest of the forum.

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 08:16:03 pm »
Well regardless of what is said the real reason(s) for moving forums are blatantly obvious.

If vince had said that they will be making their own forums as well as the TW one in the first place I do not believe that people would have left TW, I think the only reason why people did is because we were told that we have 1 week to move and all of the game resources (patches, Info) threads were deleted.

Exactly, I feel like we've been herded here like cattle. And what's incredibly irritating is how the FSE staff refuse to answer the question that I specifically ask for clarification on, and link me to threads I've already quoted, and responded to. 
Aside from that, It's that post that you linked; which I'm asking for clarification on.

If you don't want to answer the question, at least have the dignity to say "I cannot answer that", instead of surreptitiously avoiding the question, and giving me a vague answer.

I may be wrong on what I'm assuming has happened, However the dubious responses that I'm receiving is what keeps the furnace of doubt, and distrust burning.

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 08:23:34 pm »

Exactly, I feel like we've been herded here like cattle. And what's incredibly irritating is how the FSE staff refuse to answer the question that I specifically ask for clarification on, and link me to threads I've already quoted, and responded to. 
Aside from that, It's that post that you linked; which I'm asking for clarification on.

If you don't want to answer the question, at least have the dignity to say "I cannot answer that", instead of surreptitiously avoiding the question, and giving me a vague answer.

I may be wrong on what I'm assuming has happened, However the dubious responses that I'm receiving is what keeps the furnace of doubt, and distrust burning.

If you want a faster anwser then send a PM to Vince if you have questions about of what he has writen instead of asking here

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 08:39:25 pm »

Never the less, I will still be using both forums. Luckily TW is blessed with a group of very active moderators who will keep an eye on the NW forums as well as the rest of the forum.

Well there are still some moderators on there (Deofuta, cenzila, Winfield S. Hancock) whether or not they are willing to maintain the TW forums I do not know, but if the forum stays active I would image the global moderators would assign some people some moderating powers to help out.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »

Well there are still some moderators on there (Deofuta, cenzila, Winfield S. Hancock) whether or not they are willing to maintain the TW forums I do not know, but if the forum stays active I would image the global moderators would assign some people some moderating powers to help out.

Vince already said that all NW moderators wouldn't be active there...

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 10:08:10 pm »
I assumed he meant himself and the other developers.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2012, 10:39:05 pm »
Lust will cover the TW NW boards.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?