Author Topic: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.  (Read 12983 times)

Offline Hugues

• Sergeant
  • A gentleman never tells...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hugues
  • Side: Union
[NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:33 pm »
Taleworlds, or well, Captain Lust, their community manager believed it was best to keep the forums open. since it is still also somewhat of a Taleworlds product.

However, we will not use their forums anymore, meaning none of us, our moderation/administration staff and so on will frequent them and take care of them.
So it is basically a lawless place without any support for new players. But that is what Captain lust wanted, so he can take care of supporting the people there then.

We have fully moved over and do not wish to hold two forums at the same time, and our team, moderators and admins will stay here. so will everyone of the community, this is the main board now and it will remain to be so.

Links will be put up in the Taleworlds forums towards our forum to make it more clear for people to find the real community.

Hope this solves any confusion.

Hello Napoleonic Wars fans,

Just making a post to clarify that the Napoleonic Wars forums on TaleWorlds will not be removed. FSE will still be setting up there own forum but this one is staying as it is. Sorry for any confusion and/or apocalyptic chaos caused.

Have a nice day and have fun playing Napoleonic Wars :).

Regards,

Captain Lust

Link - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,254837.0.html

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:15:23 am by Vincenzo »
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Paradox Demi-Moderator

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:36:04 pm »
Makes sense to keep it open, however the move killed it off regardless.

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:52:31 pm »
Makes sense to keep it open, however the move killed it off regardless.
Indeed, the Great Sunday Forum Panic of 2012 moved everything over.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:56:44 pm »
Yea. I guess its to archive everything on that subforum.. but honestly everyone has already moved over here =/ and it would be strange having 2 main NW forums.. lol

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9y[LG]_ZeppelinPanda
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »
What's the purpose of keeping it though? It just causes more hassle for the admins, and people will get confused as to where they should post. Seems a bit odd that you'd have two forums for the same purpose (and same game) spread out between two sites...

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »
What's the purpose of keeping it though? It just causes more hassle for the admins, and people will get confused as to where they should post. Seems a bit odd that you'd have two forums for the same purpose (and same game) spread out between two sites...
Because NW is a DLC for taleworld's game. The community manager will take over it's administration but for the most part it's for their website.

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:24:21 pm »
Because NW is a DLC for taleworld's game. The community manager will take over it's administration but for the most part it's for their website.
Right, and I figured this from the beginning. However, that doesn't explain them doing it/saying it in the first place.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »
It's stupid. It should have been a decision to the FSE if they wanted to stay on it or not. Even if it would be just a link.

I'm quite against it. But apparently you can't do allot against some people....

Let's just hope that it will not split the "forum community". Seeing some people will stay on the sub-board at taleworlds now.. And some will be on this website.

:-\

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »
Hmm...this might be a problem.

We don't want some part of the community on the other forums even if all is taken care here. It would be much more simple if they closed the TW forums or just post a link to redirect people to this forum!

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 05:00:51 pm »
It is indeed a problem, for simple regiment interaction this forum is better. Yet all new community members will still go to TW and perhaps stay if they don't realise about the forum being here.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »
I agree with the rest, I think there should be just this forum, and taleworlds should just put a Napoleonic Wars DLC redirect to this forum if anything

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 05:10:03 pm »
It is indeed a problem, for simple regiment interaction this forum is better. Yet all new community members will still go to TW and perhaps stay if they don't realise about the forum being here.
This.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:30 pm »
I agree with the rest, I think there should be just this forum, and taleworlds should just put a Napoleonic Wars DLC redirect to this forum if anything

Personally I wish we had just stuck with those forums and not moved, however the move has occured and the community has moved so now I think this should become the only hub for NW. Perhaps the Community sub forum should redirect here.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »

Personally I wish we had just stuck with those forums and not moved, however the move has occured and the community has moved so now I think this should become the only hub for NW. Perhaps the Community sub forum should redirect here.

Well it was obvious. They make a new game. And afcourse wish to get new people for it to continue being a community. They would have had to start a forum for their new game at some point anyway. And seeing they already developped a game with it's own community. Why not bring it together on a new forum?

I mean I really don't mind witch I use. However i'm not getting why some people are making their such a problem of.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »
We might as well stay on these forums, no point in going back.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?