Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term  (Read 19570 times)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2018, 02:59:58 am »
Lacrosse is not business you cucumber lover

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2018, 06:03:33 pm »
Well here is my rant. CR honestly is not a hard job because the forums stuff like discussing fse topics, muting or banning people, and moderating your section of the forums isn't that hard. The only hard part is having a impact in changing the community since there isn't much a CR can do anymore since NA comp scene is almost dead and linebattle scene is okay. I agree with Wind & Herishey that anyone who said they can make a "major" impact to the community during their term is retarded since very few CRs has made a "major" impact in EU or NA.

1.) Wind I get you are trying to get more casual people to use FSE since most of the NA active guys on the forums are the comp players. However, I tried that in 2016 with multiple people in 2eChef, Weast, and 61e and had little success. It is hard to convince those casual players to use the forums when the only reason they could use it is for off topic stuff, officers requesting units for an event, or posting on their regiment's thread since they have no reason to post on tournament threads. So it is useless for casual players to really get on forums unless they want to socialize with the community. If you want to try it then go and good luck.

2.) The Comp scene is dead which hurt the NA community quite a bit since the really active players in the NA community and the forums are the comp players. There are many reasons why it is dead but I believe one of the main factor is that after NANWL S6 comp regiments didn't do a good job of trying to bring new players to the competitive scene (correct me if I am wrong). After NAPL the comp scene was on its last legs before Irish and I (Fair to say) revived the comp scene back by making our regiments and brought new or older players back to the community. The other main factor is bandwagons. I know bandwagons has been going on since 71st started the trend in 2014 (correct me if I am wrong) but look what happen when bandwagons were around. 58e was the only really league 1 regiment around besides 63e with help from 71st players to boast their melee skills to even give them a chance. Another example is 2017 when 3e reformed after 6te disbanded and the only two real league 1 regiments were LG and 3e. We had no balance in the community and honestly the worst competition we had in NA league wise since S5. Shit it was hard in NANWL S7 & 8 to pick regiments in either league because there was such a skill gap between league 1 & 2 regiments because every good player wanted to join the best melee regiments available out there. Of course there are other reasons like people getting bored, having a life, etc. My point for this is that people inability to bring many people back or new players to the comp scene and bandwagons is part of the reason why the NA comp scene is dead today.

3.) This pissed me off the most to see but in NA we have the same damn event Mon, Tues, and Thurs-Sat. What i mean is that on those days regiments host the basic linebattle of line arty, skirms, and cav. The only other type of event NA has is a Siege event the 54th host every Sunday. We need variety of events in NA instead of the same stupid basic ass linebattle that for some reason people keep playing 4 times a week. I am sure others will agree with me that we need different types of events like Conquest, Line Only, historic events, or 2v2/3v3 events. I talked to pubs beginning of this years about joining 93rd for my casual line and some of them told me no because of the fact that they always go to the same event every week which gets very repetitive & boring. Overall, I just want people hosting events to mix it up for once and give a new event that is different from the ones we are already hosting 5 times a week.

4.) In my opinion to be a CR you would need to have some connections in both the comp & casual regiments in order to hear about possible issues in those parts of the community. To be fair I haven't really been in involved in the causal scene since 2eChef died in 2016 but I still have connections with leaders of causal regiments & armies which you guys should have as well if you don't already. Jake and Uni has huge connections to the casual scene compared to you guys. My point about this topic is that a CR that is suppose to watch and listen to the NA community should know the casual and comp scene somewhat.

Sorry for this long rant but I just felt like addressing stuff from the past and present from my prespective since I been in the casual and comp scene for quite some time. I moved this from the voting booth to here so some of my points is off of what Wind or Theo said in the voting booth thread.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2018, 06:25:13 pm »
It doesn’t help that your CRs tend to go inactive after a while. Credit to Herishey for doing his best. He’s hosting tournaments constantly which keeps everything ticking over for EU. If he hadn’t won outright anyway I would have voted for him.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2018, 07:17:39 pm »
Aww thanks Toffee.

But yeah realistically as long as your CR stays active then you'll be all good. Gl Jakester!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:47 pm »
Congrats Jake! gl with CR  8)

also I would say, to add on to NickCole, that you can host more events, try to get more regs in comp, do whaetever...but the fact is that you can do all of that and still struggle. It's dying because of player base. Events are big because of regiments and regiments are big because of members, which leads to recruiting. There is like no one to recruit, besides the few familiar pubs you might see a few nights or whatever on the populated servers; but they don't join regiments, they just play on the server just to play nw and play a game. You can try to do all that but it would be incredibly hard.Iif the game had more (and a lot more) players that played actively, joined regiments, tried to get good at melee, joined the community, etc. then it would be fine to host a lot more events and tournaments. but it's 2018 and the game is dying and slowing down more than ever (even the comp scene).

I would say for the cr now, to just do what they can. And I get that's not saying a lot, but it's all they can do. Just trying to moderate, push people to host more events/tournaments, or whatever else they have planned.

Oatmeal

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »
problem is pubs don’t wanna play comp cause they’d get shit on

blame bbg/15e for killing comp

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2018, 08:20:03 pm »

getting shit on is never fun

Blaming the 15e/bbg is kinda dumb

1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2018, 09:03:04 pm »

I don’t know why you ignorantly blame the BBG for the state of competitive in NW. NW has been on a dying path for years, and the competitive side of the community is simply unsustainable with the majority of incoming or remaining players simply want to play the game for the games sake, no large tournaments or 1v1s. So many regiments have taken this path of going casual, HRE, LIR, 87th, 15e, 2ndHan, 6teSLR, and more - simply as a testament to the change of NW. so please, do not blame the 15e or BBG, and accept that the very nature of NW has changed from competitive to casual.
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2018, 09:18:28 pm »

I don’t know why you ignorantly blame the BBG for the state of competitive in NW. NW has been on a dying path for years, and the competitive side of the community is simply unsustainable with the majority of incoming or remaining players simply want to play the game for the games sake, no large tournaments or 1v1s. So many regiments have taken this path of going casual, HRE, LIR, 87th, 15e, 2ndHan, 6teSLR, and more - simply as a testament to the change of NW. so please, do not blame the 15e or BBG, and accept that the very nature of NW has changed from competitive to casual.

If anything the current hardcore competitive players can blame themselves. Comp is way too toxic for most people to actually enjoy lmao.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2018, 09:42:59 pm »
reserved, making a formal post later tonight.

I'll just continue to use this thread, no point in making another since lots of good discourse happening.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2018, 10:38:30 pm »
NA anything in NW 2018  is nonexistent

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2018, 11:28:43 pm »

If anything the current hardcore competitive players can blame themselves. Comp is way too toxic for most people to actually enjoy lmao.
1. Addressed to Uni. I mean to be completely unbiased refusing to do competitive with the largest regiment in NA is kindia stupid.
2. Addressed to Midnight. It's only toxic because you don't mute or no one moderates the actions of certain individuals.

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2018, 11:33:01 pm »

I mean weren't you one of the ones doing the same thing blaming 63e for killing the community a year or so back?
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2018, 12:12:25 am »

I mean weren't you one of the ones doing the same thing blaming 63e for killing the community a year or so back?
exactly. It’s all the 63es fault
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time