Author Topic: Bot Survival - Sponsored by Quantum Impulse Gaming -V2 *ADMIN APPS CLOSED*  (Read 136841 times)

Offline CAPS_MACLOCK

• Sergeant
  • AYE
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
According to the FSE fora rules the name itself in the OP under the administrator list is not allowed.

1. Derogatory or discriminatory remarks or content based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion or personal beliefs
Racism or hatred of any sort is not acceptable. If you make a post; keep in mind that this community contains people from all around the world. What you deem as normal or even funny does not necessarily mean that it will be funny for everyone else. Racism is dealt with harshly.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2713.0

This is no longer a Bot Survival only problem, it's a problem for the fora at large.

The administrator at large is not posting here. You posted his name in a racist context, you pointed out it was racist. No-one ever complained about it until you did. You did not see what was, you saw what you wanted to see. Please remember again this thread is for people who play on the server and are applying for admin/unban. The only exception being of course the admins who release patch notes both here and our steam group. Have a nice day and thank you for your interest in BBG Bot Survival NA.

8. Do not drive a thread Off-Topic
Should your posts deviate from all relevant or recognizable discussion branches within a thread, your posts will be considered as being "Off-Topic" (that is, irrelevant to the thread's intended purpose or discussion). If users consistently attempt to derail threads then moderators may take action against the user.

Since you are a fan of reading and obeying rules, I wanted to point this one out to you. I am sure since you are so fond of equal treatment you will remember not to break the other multitude of rules this forum has in the process of trying to blackmail us for one we never committed.

The only problem for the forum at large is the guy who goes into threads for servers he doesn't even play on and continually harasses and trolls us and then escalates it to blackmailing when he realizes hes beginning to be ignored by the person tasked with monitoring that thread for "actual players." If the admininistrators see fit to remove a server group from their forums that has existed for years over you then so be it. We will simply move to one of the millions of other free forums that exist you will have won nothing except a smug sense of self satisfaction. You never fought for anything I'm almost positive except armchair general battles. So quit pretending to be Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King Jr. of Napoleonic wars.

There is absolutely zero rule in this thread that is must be about applications for administrators or being unbanned from the server. If there is I invite you to point it out to me from the original post. I would assume that, like other topics in the "Servers" sub-fora, this is a place to discuss the server at large. If you're going from the "*ADMIN APPS INVITE ONLY*" then I believe that only refers to administrator applications being invite only.

This isn't about me "seeing what I wanted to see" either. The name is racist. Whether anyone caught it before me or not isn't my concern. The fact that it wasn't is actually pretty sad, but I don't think people go scouring for rules violations. Neither did I, actually. I did play on the server and noticed it. Once I saw that it was a racist name I checked the server rules. No racism. I came here (the thread of the server on the Server sub-fora) and brought up a grievance I think is justified. You have been nothing but dismissive of a rule that is not only on the server itself, but on this fora. I'm glad you see challenging hypocrisy and bringing up legitimate grievances as harassment or "trolling."

I'm also not blackmailing you. I don't think you have a full understanding of what blackmail actually is.  I also do not want the server removed, this thread removed, or anything of the sort. I want a simple name changed to not be racist according to the rules of both the server itself and this fora. How difficult is it to acknowledge it's racist (it is) and then change it to something not racist? Once challenged to this, you labelled me as a "SJW" (as if that's some sort of insult) and continued to be dismissive when it's the simplest of fixes.

In fairness you should either 1) have the name changed to a non-racist one or 2) remove the rule as it's not being enforced with equality. If you're proud of your "2500+" actions taken against racism yet "let one slip through the cracks" even when attention is brought to it by someone that plays on the server then you should admit your hypocrisy.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Forum rules has nothing to do with how they administer their server(s).  The 2 are unrelated.   If the server owner wants, they can be for using whatever slurs they want.(as many servers do, mainly event servers)  or teamkilling, or whatever.   FSE doesn't have a say in how they make their rules or how they enforce them in game.  Same goes for what names people use.   The only servers FSE has control over are the few official servers.(NA1, EU1, their TS, and the test server)   

If there is something that is against the forum rules, then report it so it can be looked at.   

anyways, if they have a preferred place for stuff like this, like their steam group, then use that to talk about the rules or whatever comes to mind.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline CAPS_MACLOCK

• Sergeant
  • AYE
    • View Profile
I understand the two are unrelated when it regards server/fora, but the item I'm drawing attention to that breaks the fora rules is the administrator list (in the second post) here has "JungleBunny" in the post. As "junglebunny" is a racial slur and racial slurs are banned on the fora itself, I'm unsure as to why this hasn't been dealt with before.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
Not going to modify their admin list.  It's not some obvious made up troll list that requires modifying.  It is a list of the admins names.  Im not going to interfere with how their server is admined or how people find out who the admins are.
 That is all I am going to say here on the issue. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Guybrush
Not going to modify their admin list.  It's not some obvious made up troll list that requires modifying.  It is a list of the admins names.  Im not going to interfere with how their server is admined or how people find out who the admins are.
 That is all I am going to say here on the issue.

Thank you for your response. I consider the subject closed on my end. However in good faith I will politely ask jungle if he will consider modifying his name to something more appropriate when I can.
"Swordfighting is a little like making love. It's not always what you do, but what you say."

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
I'm sitting here like...

Please let it go on, this is what NW needs to get some fire in it to survive longer.

Offline ak3120

• Sergeant
  • Ой Блин
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ak3120

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
This mod might helps you to overcome your issues:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxJ-qGtUTQHpRWR4TGFBQWVDUFE

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:48:51 pm by Kanade Tachibana »
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
It's a virus, don't click on it!

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
No, it is the cure. You heathen!
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
Nah, I know when to quit when I'm ahead. The matter is settled and it's time for me to be a big boy again.
"Swordfighting is a little like making love. It's not always what you do, but what you say."

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Important Announcement:

Over a year ago we were given some maps by someone purporting to have made the maps himself. We added these to the BBG server in good faith. However, it has come to our attention that the person in question did not actually create these maps and had no rights to them and in fact they had been pirated without permission from the Rebirth Man vs Bots server, which came to light recently. Used unknowingly on the BBG server these copied maps are actually the property of the Rebirth Group and 33rd Regiment.
In discussion with the Head of Rebirth, and the person who also created most of these maps - Mohawky_Rebirth - it appears these maps are 6 iterations older than the ones currently on the Rebirth server, and since the maps have been changed somewhat to enable the BBG style of play, Mohawky has kindly given us permission to continue to use them.
During discussions about the issue, Mohawky and I have actually become friends and we find a great deal of common ground and aims and outlooks between the two servers and groups. I have asked Mohawky to become an admin on the BBG server, and we hope that there will be continued friendship between our two groups.

In response for our error. We have given a copy of all of our maps to Rebirth in order to prove our collaboration and friendship, and also in so doing, to help the community of NW last a little longer and make things even more enjoyable.

Maps Originally created for and used by Rebirth

Avignon Cloudy = Rebirth Map Bunker Hill - an original by Rebirth
Bavarian River Cloudy = Rebirth Map Fort Toke - an original by Toke_Rebirth
Fort Palisade Fog = 33rd Map Edoras - as created by 33rd Spoons
Quatre Brass Night = Rebirth Map Ruins Rumble - an original created by Mohawky_Rebirth
Saints Isle Rain = Rebirth Map Seven Bridges - an original created by Mohawky_Rebirth
Wallonian Farm Night = 33rd Map D-Day - as created by 33rd Spoons

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
Smh I'm calling the FSE Police
click here to join the 84th

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
Smh I'm calling the FSE Police

lmao, but seriously good on you to give proper credit to the rightful makers.

Offline supersoldier655

• Volunteer
  • Another average shitposter on the internet
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aleksas
  • Side: Union
I've never played on Rebirth, is it a good server? How different is it compare to this one?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:32:36 am by supersoldier655 »
Who cares about what's down here boi