Author Topic: Bot Survival - Sponsored by Quantum Impulse Gaming -V2 *ADMIN APPS CLOSED*  (Read 136828 times)

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Guybrush
  • Side: Neutral
You mean this thread isn't for calling out hypocrisy and racism?

There's a large difference between "JungleBunny" (meant to be offensive and not a foreign (according to the English language) word for a colour) and "blanco," which is the aforementioned word for a colour. Used in context it can be offensive, sure, but that is not this context. In all contexts "Junglebunny" is offensive, and a racial slur. All contexts.

I also guess if you're not white that gives you license to be racist, which is a pretty racist thing to say in and of itself. So, not only are you making ridiculous claims (it's a play on "jungle boogy") but you're casually brushing aside an actual racist slur (for reasons unknown) whilst having a server rule of "no racial slurs." Could you explain this?
snip

Listen dude, I said discuss this on the group this forum is for specific server related things. If it bothers you that bad just don't play here, however I assure you he does not mean that name in any form of offense. There is no casual brushing aside because no-one in this day an age walks up to someone and says "HEY JUNGLEBUNNY LOL" and don't pretend that is the case, because you are just looking for a fire to flame because you are missing something deep inside of yourself so you project your insecurities and sense of being offended outwards. I am sorry you are so badly hurt that you must make a mountain of out of a molehill. I am trying to be reasonable but you are simply quite concerned with an arrangement of words that doesn't directly affect you or anyone you know. This is the end of the discussion as far as i'm concerned and will not respond further to anything similar. If you find my opinion unreasonable I am sorry you can take it up with a third party as I can no longer help you.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:23:34 am by Thunderstormer »
"Swordfighting is a little like making love. It's not always what you do, but what you say."

Offline CAPS_MACLOCK

• Sergeant
  • AYE
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy

Listen dude, I said discuss this on the group this forum is for specific server related things. If it bothers you that bad just don't play here, however I assure you he does not mean that name in any form of offense. There is no casual brushing aside because no-one in this day an age walks up to someone and says "HEY JUNGLEBUNNY LOL" and don't pretend that is the case, because you are just looking for a fire to flame because you are missing something deep inside of yourself so you project your insecurities and sense of being offended outwards. I am sorry you are so badly hurt that you must make a mountain of out of a molehill. I am trying to be reasonable but you are simply quite concerned with an arrangement of words that doesn't directly affect you or anyone you know. This is the end of the discussion as far as i'm concerned and will not respond further to anything similar. If you find my opinion unreasonable I am sorry you can take it up with a third party as I can no longer help you.

The irony of accusing me of projection whilst projecting yourself is clearly lost on you.

The term "junglebunny" is still highly offensive whether it's said "in this day and age" (clearly it is) and a racial slur. It has been, and continues to be, a racial slur. It is against the rules of the server, which is stated here in this very thread and on the server message in the module itself. I'm not looking for anything but justice and rules being adhered to, which I think is completely reasonable. Perhaps it could be changed to "jungleboogy" as it's supposedly a play on that and unoffensive. Boogies do indeed happen in jungles, I'm sure.

Here is the rule on the original post of this thread:
4. No Racial Slurs

Proof of "junglebunny" being a racial slur:
http://www.rsdb.org/slur/jungle_bunny

Race: Blacks
Jungle is referred to their jungle origins and bunny is referred to some people saying that jack rabbits looked like 'lynched' black people.

P.S. this does affect me. I am a black man and we have not fought for equality just so some privileged children can say "lold oen't afect u lol not racial slurp"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:36:05 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
K. Anyone with actual relevant requests may resume.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:17:07 pm by Guybrush »
"Swordfighting is a little like making love. It's not always what you do, but what you say."

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
He has got a point tho

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
I don't care and neither does Tired (his own words). Please move this discussion to the steam group if you wish to continue. Thanks.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
I don't care and neither does Tired (his own words). Please move this discussion to the steam group if you wish to continue. Thanks.
Just pissin on ya own rules then aren't you

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
Just pissin on ya own rules then aren't you

Yes. It is a private server owned by Tired. We have 2,800+ bans for racial slurs over 2 years. Sorry this one in particular ruined our streak. Noone is forcing you to play here and I certainly welcome you too, but I will not bend for every wannabe-SJW who comes in and demands we change our gender to offended-kin.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:54:08 am by Guybrush »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
Don't play on your shite server. You talk about your bans with pride but then claim that having a racial slur being pointed out is being an SJW. I'm just saying that the hypocrisy is obvious.

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
Don't play on your shite server. You talk about your bans with pride but then claim that having a racial slur being pointed out is being an SJW. I'm just saying that the hypocrisy is obvious.

Ok thank you. Have a great day.

Offline CAPS_MACLOCK

• Sergeant
  • AYE
    • View Profile
So if I were to change my name to a racial slur I will suffer no consequences or will I be reprimanded?

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
So if I were to change my name to a racial slur I will suffer no consequences or will I be reprimanded?

This is not an unban or admin application. Our steam group would be better suited to answer these kinds of questions. Thanks for visiting and hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
I.e better place for you to ignore him

Offline CAPS_MACLOCK

• Sergeant
  • AYE
    • View Profile
According to the FSE fora rules the name itself in the OP under the administrator list is not allowed.

1. Derogatory or discriminatory remarks or content based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion or personal beliefs
Racism or hatred of any sort is not acceptable. If you make a post; keep in mind that this community contains people from all around the world. What you deem as normal or even funny does not necessarily mean that it will be funny for everyone else. Racism is dealt with harshly.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2713.0

This is no longer a Bot Survival only problem, it's a problem for the fora at large.

Offline Guybrush

• Private
    • View Profile
According to the FSE fora rules the name itself in the OP under the administrator list is not allowed.

1. Derogatory or discriminatory remarks or content based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion or personal beliefs
Racism or hatred of any sort is not acceptable. If you make a post; keep in mind that this community contains people from all around the world. What you deem as normal or even funny does not necessarily mean that it will be funny for everyone else. Racism is dealt with harshly.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2713.0

This is no longer a Bot Survival only problem, it's a problem for the fora at large.

The administrator at large is not posting here. You posted his name in a racist context, you pointed out it was racist. No-one ever complained about it until you did. You did not see what was, you saw what you wanted to see. Please remember again this thread is for people who play on the server and are applying for admin/unban. The only exception being of course the admins who release patch notes both here and our steam group. Have a nice day and thank you for your interest in BBG Bot Survival NA.

8. Do not drive a thread Off-Topic
Should your posts deviate from all relevant or recognizable discussion branches within a thread, your posts will be considered as being "Off-Topic" (that is, irrelevant to the thread's intended purpose or discussion). If users consistently attempt to derail threads then moderators may take action against the user.

Since you are a fan of reading and obeying rules, I wanted to point this one out to you. I am sure since you are so fond of equal treatment you will remember not to break the other multitude of rules this forum has in the process of trying to blackmail us for one we never committed.

The only problem for the forum at large is the guy who goes into threads for servers he doesn't even play on and continually harasses and trolls us and then escalates it to blackmailing when he realizes hes beginning to be ignored by the person tasked with monitoring that thread for "actual players." If the admininistrators see fit to remove a server group from their forums that has existed for years over you then so be it. We will simply move to one of the millions of other free forums that exist you will have won nothing except a smug sense of self satisfaction. You never fought for anything I'm almost positive except armchair general battles. So quit pretending to be Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King Jr. of Napoleonic wars.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:32:31 am by Guybrush »

Offline supersoldier655

• Volunteer
  • Another average shitposter on the internet
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aleksas
Ok, it's been a while since looked at the forum, and man things really escalated fast here.

Yeah, I can see why some people can see bunny's
name as offensive and but censorship isn't the way to go and I always thought it as a play on word like the Desert Fox or Iron Wolf in Military speak
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:44:09 am by supersoldier655 »
Who cares about what's down here boi