Author Topic: [RGL1] Main Thread  (Read 191107 times)

Offline 15th_YR_Official

• Officially official
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 2 ongoing!)
« Reply #1560 on: February 22, 2016, 06:30:10 pm »
I totally understand the point of, we are one regiment now we should play as one regiment. I accept that and agree.

78th has 3 leaders in regards to there is no over riding leader (think of us similar to IVe) , but 3 leaders in charge of the individual companies (EU Centre, NA Centre, EU Gren) and we all use 78th.

90% of the players we will be using to play in the RGL will come from the Gren line, which has roughly around 90% original Spartans - so we will be contiuing that score.

Think of it as Spartans renamed to 27th for 2 days, then renamed to 78th, and the 84th Joined 78th.

Some of you trying to get us to use the 84th score is very petty.

So you are telling me that the RGL team of the 84th is just being pushed away from this tournament even tho most of those players were decent up to a good level in melee???
And as far as I know you guys are a regiment with companies not a coalition of regiments like the IVe_CORPS...

none the less who are you to decided which score you are going to use and continue with ?
I mean no offens but come on you split of with the spartans to make the 27th and then merged with the 84th and were given a company Tyrion.
That means officially you gave up on the independence as a regiment and there for on the Spartans score in the RGL, meaning that a new slot is open to replace the spartans, seeing that the 84th was/is still alive and kicking and you guys merged into them and now have a Grenadier company means you will represent the 78th/84th there for you should continue with the score which the 84th had.

None the less I am open for a voting/ discussion with all the other regimental leaders who take part in the RGL on what is to be happening with all of this.
Or a proper solution from the RGL organisers to end this all.

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1561 on: February 22, 2016, 06:42:02 pm »
I totally understand the point of, we are one regiment now we should play as one regiment. I accept that and agree.

78th has 3 leaders in regards to there is no over riding leader (think of us similar to IVe) , but 3 leaders in charge of the individual companies (EU Centre, NA Centre, EU Gren) and we all use 78th.

90% of the players we will be using to play in the RGL will come from the Gren line, which has roughly around 90% original Spartans - so we will be contiuing that score.

Think of it as Spartans renamed to 27th for 2 days, then renamed to 78th, and the 84th Joined 78th.

So you are telling me that the RGL team of the 84th is just being pushed away from this tournament even tho most of those players were decent up to a good level in melee???
And as far as I know you guys are a regiment with companies not a coalition of regiments like the IVe_CORPS...

none the less who are you to decided which score you are going to use and continue with ?
I mean no offens but come on you split of with the spartans to make the 27th and then merged with the 84th and were given a company Tyrion.
That means officially you gave up on the independence as a regiment and there for on the Spartans score in the RGL, meaning that a new slot is open to replace the spartans, seeing that the 84th was/is still alive and kicking and you guys merged into them and now have a Grenadier company means you will represent the 78th/84th there for you should continue with the score which the 84th had.

None the less I am open for a voting/ discussion with all the other regimental leaders who take part in the RGL on what is to be happening with all of this.

I'm pretty sure you have read what I said, but it doesn't seem to of registered with you. Everything you need is in there pal, try again. Also I was Col of 78th for 2 years, I was not given a company.. lol. It's called co leadership between me, Smollett and Irish (who is Col of the NA section). 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:46:36 pm by Tyrionpk »

Offline Smollett

• Sergeant Major
  • 84th_Col_Smollett
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smollett
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1562 on: February 22, 2016, 06:44:11 pm »

You got this wrong, Pieter. It is the way Tyrion says. I usually don't get involved in these sort of things, but I felt after reading and seeing how upset you are, I had to. So is this about you not believing anything that we tell you, or does this settle it? Because if you don't there is no need for further discussion, since we can't convince you.

Offline EpicSpaceWhale

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Whaleman
« Reply #1563 on: February 22, 2016, 06:49:23 pm »
Look at my signature. I just put it there. I didn't have to write bibles or anything, and despite my awesome title, I don't feel any different...

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 22, 2016, 06:50:13 pm »
Look at my signature. I just put it there. I didn't have to write bibles or anything, and despite my awesome title, I don't feel any different...
u joined 15thyr?

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 22, 2016, 06:52:27 pm »
I love you
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline 15th_YR_Official

• Officially official
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 22, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »
It doesnt matter if I have it wrong about the regiment, in the end I said correct me if I am wrong, but it does not take away the fact that the spartans position in the RGL is open and you cant say oh because a majority of the people in the 78th are spartans we will take that score.
that is really weak argument, you cant just simply say oh we have a few Members of that regiment we should be allowed to take that score.. should you??
Anyways as I said I feel like a proper voting/discussion should be held. ( not so much about the regiment and its companies attending RGL but rather about what score they should be allowed to take)
Anyways I am not going to talk about this any further as certain counter arguments give me mild autism just by reading it.
But do make the right decision would you kindly.

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #1567 on: February 22, 2016, 07:13:42 pm »
huh

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1568 on: February 22, 2016, 07:15:58 pm »
Since nobody here is actually producing solutions: how about keeping the Spartans and 84th in RGL, only for the sake of RGL. That means all the ex-Spartans playing with Spartan tags, and ex-84ths with 84th tags, solely for RGL. Since there isn't a rule for members switching regiments anyways, if the 78th Grens (Spartans) were to hypothetically play dirty and take players from 78th Centre (84th), or vice versa, then there'd be nothing to do about it besides look down upon it since it's against the spirit of the rules, not the rules themselves. I'm fairly sure we can trust both ex-84th and ex-Spartans to not partake in that sort of behaviour, in which case I'd be disappointed of the trust put within them.

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 22, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »
There is little necessity involved in reasoning for having 2 companies of the same regiment be allowed to play in an explicit regimental league.

Regardless of the technicality of how many are involved in that reg being from the previous reg i.e. the Spartans, the decision to abandon the spartan name and regiment means that the regiment by default has abandoned the RGL. Though it might not be fair that another reg takes their score there is not much to be done with that part of the problem. Though making an exception to allow a regiment to field 2 teams independently means that there is clearly no structure or rules that actually matter as anything can be bent by the will of the organizers.

And if you make one exception like this then what is there to deny another exception in the future if something similar or even more radical is put forward that defies the very fundamental idea of this league to begin with?

Instead of creating gray zones, stick to the format and don't make exceptions regardless, or else it just makes you seem biased by others or someone that just goes with the flow and sways from left to right, ignoring the boundaries set by the rules and the structure of the tournament.

But at this point I assume it's just about which regiment's score the 78th will take over rather than atually fielding 2 teams from the same regiment. That again relies on the fact how the merging process began, and in what order, and with whom to decide which regiment's score is taken over.

Also Fwuffy's idea seems quite doable and sensible.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 22, 2016, 07:26:43 pm »
Justice

Tyrion
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 22, 2016, 07:31:00 pm »
There is little necessity involved in reasoning for having 2 companies of the same regiment be allowed to play in an explicit regimental league.

Regardless of the technicality of how many are involved in that reg being from the previous reg i.e. the Spartans, the decision to abandon the spartan name and regiment means that the regiment by default has abandoned the RGL. Though it might not be fair that another reg takes their score there is not much to be done with that part of the problem. Though making an exception to allow a regiment to field 2 teams independently means that there is clearly no structure or rules that actually matter as anything can be bent by the will of the organizers.

And if you make one exception like this then what is there to deny another exception in the future if something similar or even more radical is put forward that defies the very fundamental idea of this league to begin with?

Instead of creating gray zones, stick to the format and don't make exceptions regardless, or else it just makes you seem biased by others or someone that just goes with the flow and sways from left to right, ignoring the boundaries set by the rules and the structure of the tournament.

But at this point I assume it's just about which regiment's score the 78th will take over rather than atually fielding 2 teams from the same regiment. That again relies on the fact how the merging process began, and in what order, and with whom to decide which regiment's score is taken over.

tfw we decided already 78th will play as one.

CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #1572 on: February 22, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

tfw we decided already 78th will play as one.
notice me senpai

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 22, 2016, 07:48:56 pm »
It doesnt matter if I have it wrong about the regiment, in the end I said correct me if I am wrong, but it does not take away the fact that the spartans position in the RGL is open and you cant say oh because a majority of the people in the 78th are spartans we will take that score.
that is really weak argument, you cant just simply say oh we have a few Members of that regiment we should be allowed to take that score.. should you??
Anyways as I said I feel like a proper voting/discussion should be held. ( not so much about the regiment and its companies attending RGL but rather about what score they should be allowed to take)
Anyways I am not going to talk about this any further as certain counter arguments give me mild autism just by reading it.
But do make the right decision would you kindly.

It's not a weak argument, it's the only argument that counts in that question.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:34:20 pm by Rommel »

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 22, 2016, 08:43:42 pm »

They lost every match, I mean, come on.... If the 78th would field one team, it would be the gren company, so the spartans and I see no point in giving them losses they would never get in a match. I'd rather let them replay all the matches.

I haven't really seen any argument why a regiment shouldn't field 2 teams tho. It doesn't increase their chances and arguing with the name is the weakest thing possible. If the name would have been meant to be the rule book, it just wouldn't be Regimental Groupfighting League. The only reason why it wasn't Groupfighting League or anything else was, because this one sounded better. We didn't want to make a philosophical statement...