Author Topic: 2v2 Tournie format discussion  (Read 8108 times)

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 2v2 Tournie format discussion
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2021, 05:10:57 pm »
Time to make myself unpopular in the 92nd and time to hurt some egos.

Kincaid is actually right on 2 out of 3 points.

1. It is correct to deny 92nd and 55th. The 92nd is unarguably the 2nd best regiment over the last 1,5 years and we are likely the only regiment to have a real shot at beating the 15thYR in any format and with Pieter, we have a leader that minimum matches Gi. And the 55th is an incredible melee stack, the only thing that divides that stack from being the best current regiment is longevity and decent leadership. But even atm the 55th could just yolo charge the 77y and would still make it a 1vs1 between the 92nd and 15thYR.

2. It is correct to allow the 15thYR and 77y teaming up. We don't need to talk about the 15thYR, they are the best regiment and shouldn't team up with another top regiment. But the 77y is no top regiment. In EIC they showed they got some decent wins but in the end, also got heavily clapped when it came to top opponents in a knock-out situation. The regiments consist of 3,4 competitive players, none of them would make it to the Top 15 of the 15thYR, 92nd, or 55th. And yes Gaz is a decent leader (although in my opinion far behind Gi and Pieter in their respective 2021 form) but that is no good argument as he is still in a regiment that is far behind. And you cant forbid a team cause you think they may win. Yes, they are probably the favorites if you would forbid 92nd/55th and 96y/71st but they are the favorites following the rules and doing a good job.

3. But where Kincaid is wrong is allowing the 96y and 71st coalition. The 96y is easily the regiment with the biggest skill difference between GFs and 1vs1, in favor of 1vs1. And it is accurate to name Desant alongside Pieter and Gi, in front of Gaz, when it comes to leading ability. And even the 96y gfing atm looks pretty strong to me. In RGT they were a way harder opponent for the 92nd than the 45thN was. And all of you would consider 45thN a top-tier regiment. And the 71st just made 4th place in RGT so after Kincaid's calculation they should be forbidden with other top regimens. Not even wanna start with the fact 71st is obviously the most annoying regiment to fight in a 1vs1 situation.

As you can easily tell by my comments I am heavily in favor of not allowing stacks. We already have enough stacked shit in the gf teams and regimental scene. No need to ruin the last bit of fun with another unnecessary stacking.

So what happens with the 92nd now? Either we find a cool opponent and can enjoy a clam 2v2 tournament or we don't find a partner and do not participate. Different to the vast majority of the community I believe it is nothing bad to not participate in one of the various spammed tournaments. Although I would feel bad for Kincaid as he in my opinion is the only regimental host that cares to make his tournaments of good quality. But I am sure Chriseh and Marxeil will host a MEIC or MRGL at the end of the year where all of you can stack hard again and live in inner relief.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:12:53 pm by StockholmDE »

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2021, 05:18:14 pm »
Damn the CAPS salt xD

The defending champion is beeing challenged, where is the problem?
I guess the last tournament losses really hurt your confidence Gi.

If they win this time who cares, next time you can stack with someone else. (Would spice things up)

As I said let 92nd/55th play! I'll donate into the prize pool

If 55th/92nd will not participate anymore in this tournament, I won't either out of solidarity.

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2021, 05:50:29 pm »
Damn the CAPS salt xD

If they win this time who cares, next time you can stack with someone else. (Would spice things up)

If 55th/92nd will not participate anymore in this tournament, I won't either out of solidarity.
first time u saying smth clever dog

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2021, 05:52:16 pm »
Damn the CAPS salt xD

I sent him to dogschool now he listens better
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2021, 05:55:39 pm »
Damn the CAPS salt xD

I sent him to dogschool now he listens better

Should send Stockholm to that same school  >:(

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2021, 06:05:21 pm »
Spoiler

1. It is correct to deny 92nd and 55th. The 92nd is unarguably the 2nd best regiment over the last 1,5 years and we are likely the only regiment to have a real shot at beating the 15thYR in any format and with Pieter, we have a leader that minimum matches Gi. And the 55th is an incredible melee stack, the only thing that divides that stack from being the best current regiment is longevity and decent leadership. But even atm the 55th could just yolo charge the 77y and would still make it a 1vs1 between the 92nd and 15thYR.

2. It is correct to allow the 15thYR and 77y teaming up. We don't need to talk about the 15thYR, they are the best regiment and shouldn't team up with another top regiment. But the 77y is no top regiment. In EIC they showed they got some decent wins but in the end, also got heavily clapped when it came to top opponents in a knock-out situation. The regiments consist of 3,4 competitive players, none of them would make it to the Top 15 of the 15thYR, 92nd, or 55th. And yes Gaz is a decent leader (although in my opinion far behind Gi and Pieter in their respective 2021 form) but that is no good argument as he is still in a regiment that is far behind. And you cant forbid a team cause you think they may win. Yes, they are probably the favorites if you would forbid 92nd/55th and 96y/71st but they are the favorites following the rules and doing a good job.

3. But where Kincaid is wrong is allowing the 96y and 71st coalition. The 96y is easily the regiment with the biggest skill difference between GFs and 1vs1, in favor of 1vs1. And it is accurate to name Desant alongside Pieter and Gi, in front of Gaz, when it comes to leading ability. And even the 96y gfing atm looks pretty strong to me. In RGT they were a way harder opponent for the 92nd than the 45thN was. And all of you would consider 45thN a top-tier regiment. And the 71st just made 4th place in RGT so after Kincaid's calculation they should be forbidden with other top regimens. Not even wanna start with the fact 71st is obviously the most annoying regiment to fight in a 1vs1 situation.

As you can easily tell by my comments I am heavily in favor of not allowing stacks. We already have enough stacked shit in the gf teams and regimental scene. No need to ruin the last bit of fun with another unnecessary stacking.

So what happens with the 92nd now? Either we find a cool opponent and can enjoy a clam 2v2 tournament or we don't find a partner and do not participate. Different to the vast majority of the community I believe it is nothing bad to not participate in one of the various spammed tournaments. Although I would feel bad for Kincaid as he in my opinion is the only regimental host that cares to make his tournaments of good quality. But I am sure Chriseh and Marxeil will host a MEIC or MRGL at the end of the year where all of you can stack hard again and live in inner relief.
[close]

Also if you're against nw "elitism" or "gatekeeping" this is it in practice. There's no need for this sign up to get rejected.

Kincaid mad because we said no to Immortal Highlanders  ;)

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2021, 06:10:52 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Also if you're against nw "elitism" or "gatekeeping" this is it in practice. There's no need for this sign up to get rejected.

Again what an academic and intellectual post from our Community Representatives to negotiate and provide freedom and happiness on the FSE/in the community. 

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2021, 06:16:38 pm »
Come on Stockholm, stick to the party lines... Only one opinion allowed here

Offline Barro112

• Major General
  • "Newgen, Skeyer and Trash"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Chsn_Barro
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2021, 06:31:37 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Again what an academic and intellectual post from our Community Representatives to negotiate and provide freedom and happiness on the FSE/in the community.
I won't take part in this discussion, because I don't care frankly. But as the host and one of the most respectable people in this shitty- ass community, you should respect Kincaid his decision or at least have the decency to argue in a constructive way. This comment is just shit and not worthy of a community representative tbh.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 06:44:33 pm by Barro112 »

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2021, 06:41:17 pm »
Hey guys 19th still single and looking to mingle
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 06:43:07 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2021, 06:43:21 pm »
I don't disagree with a single thing said by Stockholm in his post.

Someone with a good take? Unheard of. Maybe my brain has melted after reading too many Boboy posts.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2021, 06:56:43 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

I won't take part in this discussion, because I don't care frankly. But as the host and one of the most respectable people in this shitty- ass community, you should respect Kincaid his decision or at least have the decency to argue in a constructive way. This comment is just shit and not worthy of a community representative tbh.

Barro did you vote for me last election  :o?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Nock

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2021, 08:15:14 pm »
No worries boys, 13e and 18e+7th has this win. So no need to fight over this. 15thYR and 77y are nothing compared to us!

also I totally agree with what Stockholm said, which is really unsual and makes me uncomfortable
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:17:45 pm by Nock »

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2021, 04:12:56 am »
if you are bad at the game

just get better

allow all superteams to see what happens

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2021, 04:13:30 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Kincaid is a nice fellow and a good host, kinda sad that you are unironically flaming him for "NW Elitism"

Well done Mr Cr!
CoC > any other team