Author Topic: 2v2 Tournie format discussion  (Read 8119 times)

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 2v2 Tournie format discussion
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2021, 09:57:03 pm »
The 45thN Centre Company is called the dogshit for a reason. Stacked with a bunch of casual, highping, no microphone, minisiege recruits.
They are mostly dogshit at melee and a bunch have problems to follow commands on english.
Nr13 beats them in a groupfight for example. (no front)

thats actually a full front
Well that leaves us no other choice but to play with the 13e I guess

Edit: for anyone that didn't see the 2Lr shit last year
[close]
In German we call this "Hetzjagd"  ;D
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:21 pm »
Everyone talking about 2Lr running away from 15th but no one sees Nr13 taking the 77y down in melee with barely any losses...  :'(

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2021, 10:43:18 pm »
Everyone talking about 2Lr running away from 15th but no one sees Nr13 taking the 77y down in melee with barely any losses...  :'(
EXCELLENT

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2021, 10:44:43 pm »
We noticed, but its not hard to take down the 77y, especially when its lead by the one of the worst EU leaders :/
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2021, 10:45:37 pm »
We noticed, but its not hard to take down the 77y, especially when its lead by the one of the worst EU leaders :/
Gi is back in the 77y?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2021, 10:53:00 pm »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2021, 01:11:24 pm »
The 45thN Centre Company is called the dogshit for a reason. Stacked with a bunch of casual, highping, no microphone, minisiege recruits.
They are mostly dogshit at melee and a bunch have problems to follow commands on english.
Nr13 beats them in a groupfight for example. (no front)

Nonetheless I still love all of them and would like to play with them in a 2v2 line tournament.

Beeing forced to play with a regiment I don't like/match in a competitive tournament is contra productive for the fun and success of the event.
If the chemistry is cancer and they turn out to be dogshit in the first match, I surely don't wanna play other cancerous matches with them.
It's like voluntarily spending time with someone you don't like and causes you to loose, no one enjoys that.

You can do this randomized thing for a one time thing like an 2v2 lb or even a groupfight tournament, but surely not for a league/tournament that takes several dates.
Even the draft league was based on picks of captains and wasn't completely random.
NWWC Teams are more or less based on if you are good enough compared to your other fellow countryman.

The argument than one matchup would easily dominate the tournament otherwise is not true. There are couple of top teams that can challenge each others properly, I would even say its more even at the top than it was back in the NWL days.

Its 2v2 lb where you can do a lot of damage with smart leadership, teamwork in melee and good shooting. Its not groupfight where the bigger stack almost automatically gonna win.
my voice  speak in English this is so cute

Offline Rikus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Gren_Rikus
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2021, 01:31:24 pm »
Gi is back in the 77y?

merge??

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2021, 03:42:46 pm »
Seeing this is a discussion thread of some sort dont mind me doing my last say in this as I find it pretty disrespectful to simply shut the door, not giving anyone a chance to express their last opinion on the whole matter.

Spoiler
Hey Belgium/France you cant play at the EC because you too strong.

Really don't understand why 92nd/55th wouldnt be allowed. If you too weak get good.

unironically trying to get your stacked team by pulling the "we are shit in 1v1s" card. Especially after Sunday, the 55th can be counted as a "top" regiment (ie contending for titles), you have the roster for it and now you have the tournament win to back it up. This tournament in the past has been geared towards avoiding "stacked" coalitions and Kincaid has stated that he wishes to continue this rule, so either accept his decision or don't play.

By that logic 15thYR and 77y should never been allowed to play in the first place as 15thYR was the number one regiment since 1 or 2 years already and 77y with Gaz leading it stopped many good regiments in many tournaments from ever winning a title by simply knocking them out of the tournament (for example 55th was beaten by the 77y in the loserbrackets of the EIC) + the fact that 77y has also a very track record.

Nobody complained about that team being made because in all honestly I like a good fucking fight, something to be excited about to fight in the near future/final stages of the tournament.
So why the fuck wouldnt you allow an equal team to that of the 15thYR/77y and 71st/96y.

It has always been that in a tournament that you are going to have some favorites to take the title but that shouldnt mean that just because a decent competitive team is formed that they get refused to play in this tournament.

That also includes using the excuse of ''well 55th won the RGT guess that means you are a top dog regiment all round with not a single flaw'' that simply doenst uphold, who knows it might be an one time thing.
For regiments like the 15thYR and the 92nd you can make a case that those are your consistent threats to the titles of any tournament on a regimental base as they have been going tow to tow for sometime now.
I see plenty of good regiments and coalitions in this tournament with each their strong and weak points but nothing completely out of balance to the point where you can say well this tournament is a default win for this coalition and yes this prediction of mine also includes the 92nd and 55th team.

Excluding our team would result in just removing a nice competitive challenge to look and work forward to.

I think I have said enough on this matter on behalf of the 92nd&55th coalition, Kincaid can render his decision as he likes with the newly given arguments and we will await his responds.
[close]

The 77y beating 55th argument is pretty pointless, the 55th has a much better roster then the 77y, just horrendous leadership in comparison. Need I also remind you that the IVe 45e beat the 77y in EIC (ie the reason the 77y were in the loser bracket in the first place), are you also going to argue that the 15th shouldn't be allowed to play with the IVe as a result?
The reality is, your team is made up of the best linebattle regiment currently, 92nd (based from EIC) and currently the strongest 10v10 gf regiment (55th) which has a fairly impressive number of skilled members, enough to fill out the ranks of their line in a 2v2 match. It is absolutely undeniable that your team would be by far the strongest regarding skill of members, with your only downside being the fact that rayleigh can't lead. I don't have a problem if you guys are allowed to team up, but if you are allowed to team, I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to team with the 45thn for example. (this is not something I would desire as it would go against the spirit of the tournament)

Spoiler
unironically trying to get your stacked team by pulling the "we are shit in 1v1s" card. Especially after Sunday, the 55th can be counted as a "top" regiment (ie contending for titles), you have the roster for it and now you have the tournament win to back it up. This tournament in the past has been geared towards avoiding "stacked" coalitions and Kincaid has stated that he wishes to continue this rule, so either accept his decision or don't play.

Ignoring that the 55th lost to the 77y a couple of months ago benefits you how? Makes you look disingenuous, especially when the roster used there is almost identical to our current active roster.
I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

There are 2 players I can see that aren’t currently active in the 55th on that side. The leadership is the same, and there are ~5 additions that would probably play in the 2v2. It’s basically the same lineup, and for you to pretend the 55th is on par with the 15th and 92nd in 1v1s is comical, frankly. Using a 10v10 groupfighting win as apparently representing the 55th’s ability in a larger line battle format is illogical, as is calling a team consisting of the 92nd and 55th stacked for this tournament.
[close]
Teams are judged on their roster as a whole, the reality is the 55th have a large portion of top tier players in nw currently, and this showed on the weekend during rgt, you can't show an example of you losing a 1v1 with a dog roster and then proceed to argue why this shows you aren't very good. I'm fairly certain if you guys replayed that 1v1 with all of the players you had on Sunday, you would absolutely smash 77y.

So the way you see it is:
55th strong line up but weak leadership vs 77y with a average to good line up with arguably one of the best NW leaders.

How isnt that fair? If you cant get your regiment into melee and get out shot by someone like Gaz or any other leader that understand how to lead then you will still lose as seen in the EIC.
Funny how theoretically you also mention that you would rather go with the 45thN over 77y when Gaz also stopped Maskman in his tracks by getting a 5-5 draw, proving that a good melee stack couldnt overcome the better leader.

But seems like Kincaid rendered his decision as poor as it is in my opinion, clearly this tournament is the NW 2v2 2nd place tournament.
With a clear winner 15thYR&77y so congrats to them and best of luck to all other teams to fight for that sweet 2nd place or 3rd place.

I might be a bit harsh on this but its just outrageous that a 2v2 tournament is being compared to the likes of a RGT 10v10 melee only and that Kincaid suggests that me and Rayleigh should bring a midtier regiment and still expect that to be the challenges for the current champs.
When both 15thYR and 77y are one of the most battle hardened regiments in our community, but I guess the ''experienced individuals'' that Kincaid consulted didnt think about this or felt that it would only be fair to be at such a disadvantage.

Because lets be real that is what it is you will always be at an disadvantage either you are lucky enough to challenge the 15thYR in the open and maybe manage to beat them if you are good enough for example something that the 92nd could potentially do, but then your ally as shown during the last tournament where we teamed up with the 33rd and performed both to the best of our abilities at that point couldnt hold up against the 77y or when the 92nd went after the 77y couldnt hold off the 15thYR. (same situation occured with 92nd not being able to fight the 15thYR in the open for several rounds)
Which just really shows the scenario where you always will be at if you dont have something of an equal team compared to that of the current champs (Yes this might suck for some teams seeing an on paper stronger team but we already have that with the likes of 15thYR&77y), both 15thYR and 77y are capable of bringing that near impossible clutch at almost any time.
It being through the sheer melee skill that the 15thYR has making even a 2 to 1 advantage over them neglectable if you are not among the top of regiments, or it being through the exceptional leadership that Gaz brings to the table forcing regiments to make stupid plays and punish them over and over again as if they literally are new to leading a regiment lmao.

Anyways as for the 92nd will have our staff meeting and take everything in consideration, forming possibly a new team or something.

But our strong favor goes out to our friends in the 55th and to maintain our coalition.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 03:51:20 pm by pieter »

Offline Rayleigh

• Sergeant
  • My harem is filled with french NW players
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 55th_Col_Rayleigh
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2021, 03:51:49 pm »
After Pieter his post I don't need to use many words to say that we in the 55th feel the same way. Well so be it I guess. GG to the 15thYR and 77y for the ez win and see you next time.

We'll most likely just drop out of this tournament since we aren't wanted anyways but we'll discuss it internally either way. For once a tournament not hosted by Price and it still ends up for the 55th as if he would have hosted it.

So far for having some epic battles in a format I really wanted to try out with our friends in the 92nd and try to beat the reigning kings. Seems like next year We'll have to try and lose RGT to be able to play :).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:09:48 pm by Rayleigh »
'It was like playing vs 45thN centre or a turk reg" -> Boring / Running simulator / No enjoyment / Not even playing the game / Resident sleeper zzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2021, 04:10:32 pm »
After Pieter his post I don't need to use many words to say that we in the 55th feel the same way. Well so be it I guess. GG to the 15thYR and 77y for the ez win and see you next time.

We'll most likely just drop out of this tournament since we aren't wanted anyways. For once a tournament not hosted by Price and it still ends up for the 55th as if he would have hosted it.

So far for having some epic battles in a format I really wanted to try out with our friends in the 92nd and try to beat the reigning kings. Seems like next year We'll have to try and lose RGT to be able to play :).

pussy
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2021, 04:16:38 pm »

We'll most likely just drop out of this tournament since we aren't wanted anyways. For once a tournament not hosted by Price and it still ends up for the 55th as if he would have hosted it.

pussy

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2021, 04:18:40 pm »
Seeing this is a discussion thread of some sort dont mind me doing my last say in this as I find it pretty disrespectful to simply shut the door, not giving anyone a chance to express their last opinion on the whole matter.

Spoiler

Really don't understand why 92nd/55th wouldnt be allowed. If you too weak get good.

By that logic 15thYR and 77y should never been allowed to play in the first place as 15thYR was the number one regiment since 1 or 2 years already and 77y with Gaz leading it stopped many good regiments in many tournaments from ever winning a title by simply knocking them out of the tournament (for example 55th was beaten by the 77y in the loserbrackets of the EIC) + the fact that 77y has also a very track record.

Nobody complained about that team being made because in all honestly I like a good fucking fight, something to be excited about to fight in the near future/final stages of the tournament.
So why the fuck wouldnt you allow an equal team to that of the 15thYR/77y and 71st/96y.

It has always been that in a tournament that you are going to have some favorites to take the title but that shouldnt mean that just because a decent competitive team is formed that they get refused to play in this tournament.

That also includes using the excuse of ''well 55th won the RGT guess that means you are a top dog regiment all round with not a single flaw'' that simply doenst uphold, who knows it might be an one time thing.
For regiments like the 15thYR and the 92nd you can make a case that those are your consistent threats to the titles of any tournament on a regimental base as they have been going tow to tow for sometime now.
I see plenty of good regiments and coalitions in this tournament with each their strong and weak points but nothing completely out of balance to the point where you can say well this tournament is a default win for this coalition and yes this prediction of mine also includes the 92nd and 55th team.

Excluding our team would result in just removing a nice competitive challenge to look and work forward to.

I think I have said enough on this matter on behalf of the 92nd&55th coalition, Kincaid can render his decision as he likes with the newly given arguments and we will await his responds.
[close]

The 77y beating 55th argument is pretty pointless, the 55th has a much better roster then the 77y, just horrendous leadership in comparison. Need I also remind you that the IVe 45e beat the 77y in EIC (ie the reason the 77y were in the loser bracket in the first place), are you also going to argue that the 15th shouldn't be allowed to play with the IVe as a result?
The reality is, your team is made up of the best linebattle regiment currently, 92nd (based from EIC) and currently the strongest 10v10 gf regiment (55th) which has a fairly impressive number of skilled members, enough to fill out the ranks of their line in a 2v2 match. It is absolutely undeniable that your team would be by far the strongest regarding skill of members, with your only downside being the fact that rayleigh can't lead. I don't have a problem if you guys are allowed to team up, but if you are allowed to team, I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to team with the 45thn for example. (this is not something I would desire as it would go against the spirit of the tournament)

Spoiler

Ignoring that the 55th lost to the 77y a couple of months ago benefits you how? Makes you look disingenuous, especially when the roster used there is almost identical to our current active roster.
I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

There are 2 players I can see that aren’t currently active in the 55th on that side. The leadership is the same, and there are ~5 additions that would probably play in the 2v2. It’s basically the same lineup, and for you to pretend the 55th is on par with the 15th and 92nd in 1v1s is comical, frankly. Using a 10v10 groupfighting win as apparently representing the 55th’s ability in a larger line battle format is illogical, as is calling a team consisting of the 92nd and 55th stacked for this tournament.
[close]
Teams are judged on their roster as a whole, the reality is the 55th have a large portion of top tier players in nw currently, and this showed on the weekend during rgt, you can't show an example of you losing a 1v1 with a dog roster and then proceed to argue why this shows you aren't very good. I'm fairly certain if you guys replayed that 1v1 with all of the players you had on Sunday, you would absolutely smash 77y.

55th strong line up but weak leadership vs 77y with a average to good line up with arguably one of the best NW leaders.

How isnt that fair? If you cant get your regiment into melee and get out shot by someone like Gaz or any other leader that understand how to lead then you will still lose as seen in the EIC.
Funny how theoretically you also mention that you would rather go with the 45thN over 77y when Gaz also stopped Maskman in his tracks by getting a 5-5 draw, proving that a good melee stack couldnt overcome the better leader.

But seems like Kincaid rendered his decision as poor as it is in my opinion, clearly this tournament is the NW 2v2 2nd place tournament.
With a clear winner 15thYR&77y so congrats to them and best of luck to all other teams to fight for that sweet 2nd place or 3rd place.

I might be a bit harsh on this but its just outrageous that a 2v2 tournament is being compared to the likes of a RGT 10v10 melee only and that Kincaid suggests that me and Rayleigh should bring a midtier regiment and still expect that to be the challenges for the current champs.
When both 15thYR and 77y are one of the most battle hardened regiments in our community, but I guess the ''experienced individuals'' that Kincaid consulted didnt think about this or felt that it would only be fair to be at such a disadvantage.

Because lets be real that is what it is you will always be at an disadvantage either you are lucky enough to challenge the 15thYR in the open and maybe manage to beat them if you are good enough for example something that the 92nd could potentially do, but then your ally as shown during the last tournament where we teamed up with the 33rd and performed both to the best of our abilities at that point couldnt hold up against the 77y or when the 92nd went after the 77y couldnt hold off the 15thYR. (same situation occured with 92nd not being able to fight the 15thYR in the open for several rounds)
Which just really shows the scenario where you always will be at if you dont have something of an equal team compared to that of the current champs (Yes this might suck for some teams seeing an on paper stronger team but we already have that with the likes of 15thYR&77y), both 15thYR and 77y are capable of bringing that near impossible clutch at almost any time.
It being through the sheer melee skill that the 15thYR has making even a 2 to 1 advantage over them neglectable if you are not among the top of regiments, or it being through the exceptional leadership that Gaz brings to the table forcing regiments to make stupid plays and punish them over and over again as if they literally are new to leading a regiment lmao.

Anyways as for the 92nd will have our staff meeting and take everything in consideration, forming possibly a new team or something.

But our strong favor goes out to our friends in the 55th and to maintain our coalition.
you're right, 77y are the best regiment of all time, with the best leader of all time, were they in a coalition with anyone else they would absolutely crush this tournament. The 77y CRUSHING the 55th 7-3 and CRUSHING the 45thn 5-5 is proof of their elite status. And also, due to the IVe45e beating the 77y, I think we should also be recognising them as a elite tier regiment. 

PRAISE BE TO GAZ, NAPOLEONS SUCCESSOR

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2021, 04:24:19 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

There are 2 players I can see that aren%u2019t currently active in the 55th on that side. The leadership is the same, and there are ~5 additions that would probably play in the 2v2. It%u2019s basically the same lineup, and for you to pretend the 55th is on par with the 15th and 92nd in 1v1s is comical, frankly. Using a 10v10 groupfighting win as apparently representing the 55th%u2019s ability in a larger line battle format is illogical, as is calling a team consisting of the 92nd and 55th stacked for this tournament.
[close]

you're right, 77y are the best regiment of all time, with the best leader of all time, were they in a coalition with anyone else they would absolutely crush this tournament. The 77y CRUSHING the 55th 7-3 and CRUSHING the 45thn 5-5 is proof of their elite status. And also, due to the IVe45e beating the 77y, I think we should also be recognising them as a elite tier regiment. 

PRAISE BE TO GAZ, NAPOLEONS SUCCESSOR

YEA LETS GO BY THAT LOGIC MAN

55th wins one 10v10 RGT tournament meaning that all the 1v1's they have lost in the past and recently mean absolutely nothing!!!!

JUST WIN SOMETHING JUST AT SOME POINT AND YOU ARE THE MOST ELITE REGIMENT OF THIS COMMUNITY TOP TIER 1 STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!

PRAISE BE 19TH AND OTHERS THAT WON NWBC OR ANY OTHER TOURNAMENT.

Man I wish I could form a coalition with Presidente but fuck me man his regiment won NWBC meaning he is top tier regiment as NWBC has lines in it and so does a 2v2 tournament meaning they are 99,99% the same.

SORRY PRESIDENTE 19th and 92nd would simply be OP

HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAAAH
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:29:27 pm by pieter »

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2021, 04:37:08 pm »
No worries boys, 13e and 18e+7th has this win. So no need to fight over this. 15thYR and 77y are nothing compared to us!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:45:27 pm by Skittykiller »