Author Topic: 2v2 Tournie format discussion  (Read 8136 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 2v2 Tournie format discussion
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2021, 03:24:20 pm »
Why not just do randomised seedings based on signups; have 4 divisions, and then randomise the first seed with the last seed, second seed with third seed.

So you'd always have the 'worst' teams with the best teams and the upper middle with the lower middle. I dont think having extra brackets solve the issue. Since it's a '2v2', the whole point would be to have two separate regiments, working together to win, having one regiment split into two sorta defeats the purpose of a 2v2, that would just make it a 1v2 with the 1 being a longer split line.

If regiments hate each other after pairing then A. You signed up knowing you could have the possibility of that pairing, B. Solve the dispute by changing them with a similar seed team by liasing with one of the other top seeds to exchange. Or make an algorithm that doesnt match teams up who have issues.

That would make the tournament somewhat randomised and fun.
Reread the first 2 pages.

Kind Regards trot888

Yup I did and all I see is people advocating playing with their own regiment and pairings due to elitism.

Worst comes worse, if people complain about the minute difference between the seedings, you can make a full seeding where the top seed of division A matches with the bottom of division D unless there's a dispute.
Fietta man, just stop, you really really really really just don't seem to understand how regiments work. (as also evidenced by your posts on the 13e thread yday as well) I've never seen someone miss the mark so badly about this game, whilst claiming that everyone else is in the wrong from a moral highground.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2021, 03:26:06 pm »
Yes, I dont know how regiments work, but I know how formats work. Its a 2v2 format, people are only advocating against changed based on the previous tournaments with the pairing they want.

Having a seeded 2v2 format with exclusions of regiments that have beef so they can pair with someone else, is literally a reasonable methodology. You can come at me with some piss-poor attitude, but im trying to make a reasonable suggestion that actually would make people match with new teams and have a somewhat balanced experience.

Which is the whole point right?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:27:42 pm by Fietta »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 03:56:31 pm »
I think I covered this in my previous and only post I made on this thread but as explained to clarify you cant really do seedings such as this whilst regiments also having a veto/preferred status towards certain regiments being in their teams, otherwise what's the difference between this system and regiments just manually picking other regiments with Kincaids hand on the tiller when it comes to pairings?

Ultimately if people prefer the seeding process as to hinder the most overpowered team in the tournament (77y/15thYR) or even 92nd/33rd in the name of fairness then you need to realise that there'll always be stronger teams and favourites in any tournament regardless of the format. Its not like that team is super overpowered, last year the 92nd/33rd team had the upper hand with a 2/3 round advantage though I don't exactly remember and they threw in a classic way. The 33rd got slapped around by 17pp in EIC groups, and is just testament that a very mid tier regiment given the right circumstances can not only reach the finals of a competitive tournament but also get rounds off the 15thYR and be in the lead (no offence to 33rd :P). My point is, the teams at the very top aren't actually that stacked less so in 2v2s than in a 1v1 format. I mean look at 45thN/18th pairing which was very strong, we got tossed around like a wet sock in quarters losing 6-0 to Nr13/2Lr.

As a great Portuguese man once said '15thYR aint a special case, they are a regiment like others'

I think the consensus of regiments at the top tier isn't to particularly stack to win a tournament such as this especially after EIC/RGT but just as a fun chill tournament with leaders being mature enough to decide to pick teams as long as Kincaid keeps his hand on the tiller when it comes to accepting and managing regiment pairings it should be fairly balanced. Also a point that Rikkert mentioned it would be very cool for the 77y/15thYR team to have a chance to defend their title :D

If the 45th Nottinghamshire aren't allowed to play with two lines as a Grenadier Line and Centre Company Line I would be happy to pair up with my boys at the Nr13 to have another crack at the 2v2 after the criminal throws in NWBC ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:00:54 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 03:59:46 pm »
I will fight you for the chance to play with the Nr13 Mask. >:( (But I am still completely fine with you playing with your two companies).
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2021, 04:39:52 pm »
The 45thN Centre Company is called the dogshit for a reason. Stacked with a bunch of casual, highping, no microphone, minisiege recruits.
They are mostly dogshit at melee and a bunch have problems to follow commands on english.
Nr13 beats them in a groupfight for example. (no front)

Nonetheless I still love all of them and would like to play with them in a 2v2 line tournament.

Beeing forced to play with a regiment I don't like/match in a competitive tournament is contra productive for the fun and success of the event.
If the chemistry is cancer and they turn out to be dogshit in the first match, I surely don't wanna play other cancerous matches with them.
It's like voluntarily spending time with someone you don't like and causes you to loose, no one enjoys that.

You can do this randomized thing for a one time thing like an 2v2 lb or even a groupfight tournament, but surely not for a league/tournament that takes several dates.
Even the draft league was based on picks of captains and wasn't completely random.
NWWC Teams are more or less based on if you are good enough compared to your other fellow countryman.

The argument than one matchup would easily dominate the tournament otherwise is not true. There are couple of top teams that can challenge each others properly, I would even say its more even at the top than it was back in the NWL days.

Its 2v2 lb where you can do a lot of damage with smart leadership, teamwork in melee and good shooting. Its not groupfight where the bigger stack almost automatically gonna win.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:49:24 pm by 19boboy97 »

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2021, 04:44:09 pm »
The 45thN Centre Company is called the dogshit for a reason. Stacked with a bunch of casual, highping, no microphone, minisiege recruits.
They are mostly dogshit at melee and a bunch have problems to follow commands on english.

thats actually a full front

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2021, 04:45:38 pm »

No mic turks assemble

Beeing forced to play with a regiment I don't like/match in a competitive tournament is contra productive for the fun and success of the event.
If the chemistry is cancer and they turn out to be dogshit in the first match, I surely don't wanna play other cancerous matches with them.
It's like voluntarily spending time with someone you don't like and causes you to loose, no one enjoys that.

Atleast with the 45thN Centre you know what you're getting - pure dog shit with about 10-15 of them sitting spec guaranteed +2 balance in your favour if you take them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:48:04 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2021, 04:49:09 pm »
You all need to remember that its not a 1v1 tournament. You don't have to strip all the fun away from this wherever possible lol. If you really want a middle ground, do the seedings from the sign ups as discussed then don't allow regiments seeded in the same group to pair up. Its really not that hard.

But we also need to remember that regiments like 77y didn't win with 15th because they are a stacked regiment. It was because of the leadership. A gap that would be bridged by allowing 92nd, 45th and 55th to play with multiple lines.

Arguably at the moment 92nd and 45th have on par if not maybe better rosters overall. 15th/77y vs 92nd or 45th with 2 lines I think would be a very close match. Would love to see it :)

P.S. Fietta for the love of all things holy please just shut up, even your own regiment members disagree yet you are holding some form of moral high ground. Usually if you are 1/100 people with an opinion, maybe its dogshit.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2021, 04:58:25 pm »
Why would the opinion from my own regiment matter to what ive said, does their disagreement suddenly mean something? We're talking about formats.

1/100 (which is a clear exaggeration) doesnt mean it's dogshit, especially if the replies to it have been nothing but shit.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2021, 05:00:29 pm »

r/GifsYouCanHear

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2021, 05:10:18 pm »
Best leave the discussion there gents before it gets too convoluted (too late!). I think a couple of pages ago some kind of concencus was reached with only a few minor sticking points, for which we have heard multiple arguments. I'll reach out to the affected parties on these points privately prior to us starting, otherwise just wait for the thread to appear after EIC :) hype hype x

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2021, 05:47:11 pm »
Losers lmao
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2021, 06:28:20 pm »
Edit: for anyone that didn't see the 2Lr shit last year
[close]

This was literally the single most disgusting thing I've seen on FSE in many years. I don't know how I missed it last year.
I sincerely got triggered just by watching it.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2021, 06:29:35 pm »
2Lr still play that way, but thats just a confidence thing. I am sure it will be fine.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2021, 06:47:34 pm »
5 pages but kincaid not responding to me about winning this year. Sad!