Author Topic: 2v2 Tournie format discussion  (Read 8016 times)

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 2v2 Tournie format discussion
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2021, 08:18:17 am »
Its hardly any flame, but funny enough all the options mentioned like oh just team up with 45e is sadly not possible due to the summer vacation, Nr13 not possible due to the summer vacation, the only option that is still left is 19th and you have two regiments now without a team both being 92nd and 55th.
Either way we all know that whoever is going to team with the 19th will easily fill up the power vacuum that we have right now and challenge straight away the 15thYR&77y resulting in a dashing victory for the 19th and friends…  ;D

Should have complained about 77y and friends in the first season but unlike some people in this community I like to see a fair challenge and don’t mind the some what more favorable teams which you always will have during any tournament.

If you really wanted to have a rule against stacked teams then you should have followed Boboy his idea.

Best with worst regiment
Second best with second worst
Etc.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2021, 10:46:45 am »
Someone

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2021, 11:13:41 am »
92nd EIC WINNERS can easy 1v2 ANY coalition
cya on battlefield dogs
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2021, 11:37:31 am »
cya on battlefield dogs
two 92nd lines looks like stacked shit deny it rn

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2021, 01:24:46 pm »
cya on battlefield dogs

Yes form 2 lines with your center so we can play 92nd vs 45thN.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2021, 01:38:37 pm »
cya on battlefield dogs

Yes form 2 lines with your center so we can play 92nd vs 45thN.
Not rlly possible atm

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2021, 02:52:11 pm »
Its hardly any flame, but funny enough all the options mentioned like oh just team up with 45e is sadly not possible due to the summer vacation, Nr13 not possible due to the summer vacation, the only option that is still left is 19th and you have two regiments now without a team both being 92nd and 55th.
Either way we all know that whoever is going to team with the 19th will easily fill up the power vacuum that we have right now and challenge straight away the 15thYR&77y resulting in a dashing victory for the 19th and friends…  ;D

Should have complained about 77y and friends in the first season but unlike some people in this community I like to see a fair challenge and don’t mind the some what more favorable teams which you always will have during any tournament.

If you really wanted to have a rule against stacked teams then you should have followed Boboy his idea.

Best with worst regiment
Etc.

To clarify there was a discussion on this thread about that seeding process but all leaders thought it'd be better and easier if regiments picked their coalition partners and ran them through Kincaid before actually posting their team application. 77y and Friends and Iron Crusaders did this and thus our teams were accepted right off the bat.  Also if we work with the seeding and then randomised format, teams such as 45thN Grens and 92nd Centre become actual possibilities and I am afraid the Pieter/Maskman combo would be too OP even if I know next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event  :P
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2021, 03:03:47 pm »

Best with worst regiment
Etc.

To clarify there was a discussion on this thread about that seeding process but all leaders thought it'd be better and easier if regiments picked their coalition partners and ran them through Kincaid before actually posting their team application. 77y and Friends and Iron Crusaders did this and thus our teams were accepted right off the bat.  Also if we work with the seeding and then randomised format, teams such as 45thN Grens and 92nd Centre become actual possibilities and I am afraid the Pieter/Maskman combo would be too OP even if I know next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event  :P
we did the exact same what you guys did.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2021, 04:39:58 pm »

Best with worst regiment
Etc.

We signed up on the 4th of June if their was really any problems perhaps we should have been messaged  ???

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2021, 07:44:48 pm »
Also what I said has been misconstrued. Pointing out that disallowing a sign-up of a team for being too "stacked" when in reality we're not even stacked. Winning a melee 10 v 10 tournament has no bearings on this type of tournament. Also our EIC win wasn't total domination. We lost to 15th first time around and beat 45thN by 2 rounds in a match that went to OT.

Yes, a truly stacked team where no team would ever stand a chance of even having a fair fight never mind beating us ::)

Comments about my CR term have been treated with the respect they deserve 8)

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2021, 10:09:49 pm »
boboy is still a little retarded dog tho

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile