Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60616 times)

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2018, 05:07:24 am »
LSU 24 - 20 Alabama
What? no sorry I just dont think so. Tua is too good to be held to 20 points, not mentioning the other tools bama has. They can definitely play 4 quarters, part of the reason bama games are done at half-time is because they play so well with their starters, then once they know theyve won the game they put their third strings in to get some play time.
Tua's never played an average defense for an entire game. That boy will get flustered and he'll look like a headless chicken facing an elite defense like LSU. Case closed

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2018, 05:24:02 am »
As an LSU fan, just trigger us by bringing up the Troy lose or the 2012 BCS Championship game.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2018, 05:39:32 am »
Marksman everyone gets it Bama has been killing teams but look who they have played.

1.) Louisville (2-5) - They are terrible and been losing to every ACC team they faced
2.) Arkansas State (4-3) - Nobodies
3.) Ole Miss (5-3) - One of the worst defenses I had seen this year Allowing 41 points to fucking Southern Illinois
4.) Texas A&M (5-2) - Bama's best win but they barely beat South Carolina & Kentucky
5.) Louisiana Cajuns (3-4) - Nobodies
6.) Arkansas (2-6) - Arkansas the worst team in the SEC West losing to Colorado State & North Texas this year
7.) Missouri (4-3) - Offensively not bad but their defense has been bad for a long time
8.) Tennessee (3-4) - Their offense is so bad that they give points to the defense and has lost every game to a SEC team besides Auburn who suck ass now

Based on this schedule Idk how you can say Bama is straight up better than everyone. I get it people doubt anyone to beat them but if anyone can beat Bama it is LSU because of how many good or solid teams we have beaten this year. We beat #8 Miami, #7 Auburn, #2 Georgia, and #22 Miss State. Experts said we were suppose to lose all those games expect Miss State. We have 3 guys on the Mid- Season First team Defense - Devin White, Greedy Williams, and Grant Delpit. Not saying we wouldn't lose but this year we have done a good job stopping the pass with 14 int & dominated GA's offense line which is one of the biggest in the country. I don't mind people doubting LSU because we play best when we are underdogs.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:56:10 am by WorstNANickCole »

Oatmeal

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2018, 06:16:48 am »
bama will stomp LSU lmao

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2018, 08:42:35 am »
it's tough to say. will be a good game. I can see either team winning really. we will see which team wants it more

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2018, 02:37:05 am »
Marksman everyone gets it Bama has been killing teams but look who they have played.

1.) Louisville (2-5) - They are terrible and been losing to every ACC team they faced
3.) Ole Miss (5-3) - One of the worst defenses I had seen this year Allowing 41 points to fucking Southern Illinois
4.) Texas A&M (5-2) - Bama's best win but they barely beat South Carolina & Kentucky
6.) Arkansas (2-6) - Arkansas the worst team in the SEC West losing to Colorado State & North Texas this year
7.) Missouri (4-3) - Offensively not bad but their defense has been bad for a long time
8.) Tennessee (3-4) - Their offense is so bad that they give points to the defense and has lost every game to a SEC team besides Auburn who suck ass now

Based on this schedule Idk how you can say Bama is straight up better than everyone. I get it people doubt anyone to beat them but if anyone can beat Bama it is LSU because of how many good or solid teams we have beaten this year. We beat #8 Miami, #7 Auburn, #2 Georgia, and #22 Miss State. Experts said we were suppose to lose all those games expect Miss State. We have 3 guys on the Mid- Season First team Defense - Devin White, Greedy Williams, and Grant Delpit. Not saying we wouldn't lose but this year we have done a good job stopping the pass with 14 int & dominated GA's offense line which is one of the biggest in the country. I don't mind people doubting LSU because we play best when we are underdogs.
You're right Alabama hasn't played a truly elite team yet, however they have played a few solid teams, and none of the games they have played have even been close really. If you want to bring up the game by game, LSU had a great game against Georgia, which was truly a pleasant surprise as a S Car fan, but they also played an uncomfortably close game with Auburn (who lost to Tennessee), and lost to Florida (who lost to Kentucky and was down to Vandy 21-3 at the half). Im not saying its impossible, in fact I think Id like to see LSU win. The thing is though a lot of the times these big college football games are decided by who gets the momentum, and momentum is largely created by a teams quarterback. I dont know if Joe Burrow can create any momentum against bama, and all Tua does it seems is create momentum, I mean he doesnt have a pick yet this season. For LSU my heart says yes but my head says no :(

Spoiler
but they barely beat South Carolina
wow mane the disrespek :(
[close]

Offline ManiacBullseye

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maniac
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2018, 01:00:50 pm »

Tua is a monster. Dude hasn't even played a 4th quarter yet this year. Imagine the scores if he did. Bama would be winning all their games by 70+ points. LSU's defense is going to be what decides the win for them. It is going to be up to LSU's offense to keep up with Tua's touchdowns on every drive because I don't think he can be stopped. LSU's wins tend to be low-scoring defensive battles. So if Tua is unaffected by LSU's top tier defense then the game is over. I don't think Burrows can score on every drive against Bama defense.

Offline Sir Obelix

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
  • attaquant au FC Oven
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:49 pm »
shitty sport Rugby is better you fat americans
Obelix geldi yala sonda zülfikar bunu kaç kere kovmuştu trollüyor tk atıyor diye ama iyi oynuyo ondan geldi demek.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2018, 11:44:22 pm »
IDK who will win between Bama and LSU.  it will be whoever wants it more.

with that said, it is always a good day when Bama loses. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2018, 10:32:43 pm »
shitty sport Rugby is better you fat americans
Be gone vile Frenchman. Don't make me get the Germans

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2018, 01:42:37 am »
Looks like Georgia won by a good margin.  I thought i heard it was mostly with a back up QB.  I didn't get to watch the game.    I was too busy watching Iowa do what Iowa does best, beat itself.  At least one easy touchdown missed.   gave away a field goal before half in one of the worst decisions i seen by them in a long time.  Lots of easy throws whiffed.   Iowa could and should have won that game, much like against WI, but they got in their own way consistently.  These types of loses are more painful to watch than the ones where you were just beat down on by a better team.  As an Iowa fan, this is just something ive gotten use to over the years. Even in games we should dominate, we always have to keep it close.   We rarely ever just beat someone down and put the game away early.     

I guess there is an upside to iowa losing.   Their defense has too many young players.(replacing all of the starting LBs and 2 freshmen corners were starting)   Even had they won, and somehow got to the championship, idk how well they would of played.   I would say it would probably be a close match, as Iowa generally doesn't get blown out that often but unless they played at a really high efficiency, they would lose.   and lets say they somehow won, i dont think they could really hang with the top teams.   Not with all of that inexperience.  our Defensive line is what is keeping us in a lot of these games, or making the plays to get us the win. 

all well, at least Iowa State won. 

The big 10 west div is a mess.   NW now has it, but i get the feeling they aren't going to win out.(they remind me of Iowa in so many ways.  they barely beat rutgers....)  I can see them losing a game or 2 to another big 10 team.  No matter who wins the west, it wont be pretty.  and if MI ends up losing, then the east wont look much better.   MI is the Big 10s only hope of getting to the playoffs.   OSU would need help from the other top teams losing(and probably badly) to get in if they win out. 

Clemson looked good. i think the rest of the top teams 5 teams are off.     Texas plays tonight against OSU, which i think will be a good game. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2018, 03:14:26 am »
Texas please come on.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2018, 03:36:12 am »
Did someone say SKOL

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2018, 05:00:24 am »
Herman is retarded for playing 2 cornerback freshman and a safety over our experienced defense players in the 1st quarter. They were suspended because they came late to weight training and we gave up 17 pts in the 1st due to this (same thing for one of our best receivers). Almost came back but wasn't good enough. regardless, Texas had a 6-1 start which no one saw coming so hopefully we coming back over time.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2018, 07:00:27 am »
ah.   i saw they were down every time i flipped over by 14-21 points.   Was mainly watching the world series, so i didn't get to watch a lot of that game.

but yea, i can see Texas being a contender again in the years to come.  about time really.  much like MI.   

i know while he was coaching at Iowa state, they had a pretty good offense.   he did fairly well out OSU and houston.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:03:21 am by Thunderstormer »