Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77127 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #525 on: November 28, 2019, 05:24:06 am »
i have a question:

months ago, i installed a new motherboard and a new cpu BUT by installing the new motherboard i had to do a clean install of windows
thing is, my key wasnt re-usable so now my windows licence isnt active anymore but it doesnt rly bother me, it just stops me from using Word, powerpoint or stuff like that (i dont use them so)

thing is, i purchased a new ssd today and i was wondering how i could put my windows files on it

should i do a clean windows install again ? but then, i wont be able to even boot it since my windows key isnt valid anymore ? or can i just drop the files from my hdd to my new ssd ?

im sorry if it sounds dumb or if my english isnt great, honestly i'm just tired today and i dont know shit about windows licence stuff, i'm just into hardware
lol just use slmgr.vbs in your cmd prompt and it will re-arm/licence your windows

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Nock

« Reply #526 on: November 28, 2019, 08:55:45 am »
i have a question:

months ago, i installed a new motherboard and a new cpu BUT by installing the new motherboard i had to do a clean install of windows
thing is, my key wasnt re-usable so now my windows licence isnt active anymore but it doesnt rly bother me, it just stops me from using Word, powerpoint or stuff like that (i dont use them so)

thing is, i purchased a new ssd today and i was wondering how i could put my windows files on it

should i do a clean windows install again ? but then, i wont be able to even boot it since my windows key isnt valid anymore ? or can i just drop the files from my hdd to my new ssd ?

im sorry if it sounds dumb or if my english isnt great, honestly i'm just tired today and i dont know shit about windows licence stuff, i'm just into hardware
lol just use slmgr.vbs in your cmd prompt and it will re-arm/licence your windows
i dont see how it can work if like my licence was an OEM one which is most likely the case since my licence stopped being active when i changed my motherboard

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #527 on: November 28, 2019, 01:02:45 pm »
i have a question:

If you change components too much, windows will make you buy a new key.

Online BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #528 on: November 29, 2019, 07:58:31 pm »
I was looking to get a new hard drive. Any good deals today or should I wait?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #530 on: November 29, 2019, 10:06:36 pm »
I hate how newegg doesn't include VAT until you go to the product page...

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2019, 01:30:21 am »
yo yo yo please i need some help

so im thinking of upgrading my pc components as some of them are a bit old but i cant understand shit about the motherboard, sockets and such
do i need to change my motherboard if im considering changing my RAM (from 8Go to 16Go), my internal hard drive and probably my processor ?
currently got an i5 4460 that aged a bit and i believe my gtx 970 is still good enough for the time being

but if you have any advice or tips feel free to tell
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2019, 01:33:02 am »
yo yo yo please i need some help

so im thinking of upgrading my pc components as some of them are a bit old but i cant understand shit about the motherboard, sockets and such
do i need to change my motherboard if im considering changing my RAM (from 8Go to 16Go), my internal hard drive and probably my processor ?
currently got an i5 4460 that aged a bit and i believe my gtx 970 is still good enough for the time being

but if you have any advice or tips feel free to tell

What motherboard do you have specifically?

Also you can probably raise your ram to 16gb. But again depends on the mobo. And you will almost certainly need a new motherboard if you want a new processor.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2019, 01:38:22 am »
from what i could find using the cmd.exe it's a "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.  H97-PLUS", idk if thats enough informations :c
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2019, 01:58:49 am »
from what i could find using the cmd.exe it's a "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.  H97-PLUS", idk if thats enough informations :c

Yeah you can upgrade to 16gb of ddr3 ram. However, you will need a new motherboard if you want a new cpu.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2019, 02:11:21 am »
alright ty man
any advice for a mothermoard ? or does it depends on the cpu i want?
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2019, 02:50:02 am »
alright ty man

Yeah motherboard depends on the CPU you want.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2019, 12:59:42 pm »
Harford yes you'll want to change your motherboard, CPU and unfortunately that means getting new RAM as well. Your GPU is fine and you can upgrade that easily at any time in the future as they swap in and out easily.

It depends a lot on your budget and what you use it for, but for gaming a B450 motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600X with 16Gb 3000MHz RAM is a solid starting point with plenty of options for easy upgrades in future. If you've got more money you could look into an X570 board with a 3600X or 3700X.

In terms of storage get an SSD and make sure you install your operating system on it if you don't already have it on an SSD. It's the biggest difference you'll notice day to day in terms of speed.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2019, 02:59:13 pm »
alright ty man

alright ty man!

Harford yes you'll want to change your motherboard, CPU and unfortunately that means getting new RAM as well. Your GPU is fine and you can upgrade that easily at any time in the future as they swap in and out easily.

It depends a lot on your budget and what you use it for, but for gaming a B450 motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600X with 16Gb 3000MHz RAM is a solid starting point with plenty of options for easy upgrades in future. If you've got more money you could look into an X570 board with a 3600X or 3700X.

In terms of storage get an SSD and make sure you install your operating system on it if you don't already have it on an SSD. It's the biggest difference you'll notice day to day in terms of speed.

yeah i already have the OS on the ssd dw its really more about the internal hard drive which is almost full, feelsbad today's games takes minimum 50Go each.
currently looking at motherboard and stuff and its pretty hard to find what is compatible with what, i'll have a look about your suggestions ty aswell!
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2019, 08:18:21 pm »
alright ty man

alright ty man!

yeah i already have the OS on the ssd dw its really more about the internal hard drive which is almost full, feelsbad today's games takes minimum 50Go each.
currently looking at motherboard and stuff and its pretty hard to find what is compatible with what, i'll have a look about your suggestions ty aswell!

Use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ it will only let you pick parts that are compatible and makes it very simple.