Author Topic: NWWC 2023 | Suggestions  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Board Moderator
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
NWWC 2023 | Suggestions
« on: April 03, 2023, 07:06:22 pm »

If you have any questions or you want to suggest something, feel free to do it here!

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NWWC 2023 | Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 07:09:52 pm »
I'd like to hear your opinion about making a rule that nations that fight NA must also play a match on their server, I know it's been discussed before and people are actually against it for reasons that are justified and sometimes not (let's face it, most people just don't feel like playing with 100+ ping and that's normal), I'd like to bring this discussion back one more time and weigh the pros and cons so we can find a common ground, I'm personally in favour of this rule, although my opinion can change since there's many things to discuss, such as the fact that the NA have more experience on EU servers than the other way around, and this would give them a definite advantage.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 08:18:02 pm »
home and away was used in Native and created massive home ground stomps where the winning team would only win by 1 round. NA beat titans Poland because of 1 round they won on away, it's a terrible idea to potentially have great EU teams knocked out due to NA winning on home. I also don't want to hear this 'even ground' bullshit because playing with 150ping isn't even ground, there's no sense of skill playing on that ping. The Nations Cup final was NA vs France and it lasted like 2 hours because each team kept winning 3 - 0 on home until France finally got 1 round on away, was a boring watch.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 08:21:36 pm by Fietta »

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 08:21:25 pm »
home and away was used in Native and created massive home ground stomps where the winning team would only win by 1 round. NA beat titans Poland because of 1 round they won on away, it's a terrible idea to potentially have great EU teams knocked out due to NA winning on home. I also don't want to hear this 'even ground' bullshit because playing with 150ping isn't even ground, there's no sense of skill playing on that ping.
You sound scared

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 08:22:02 pm »
home and away was used in Native and created massive home ground stomps where the winning team would only win by 1 round. NA beat titans Poland because of 1 round they won on away, it's a terrible idea to potentially have great EU teams knocked out due to NA winning on home. I also don't want to hear this 'even ground' bullshit because playing with 150ping isn't even ground, there's no sense of skill playing on that ping.
You sound scared

I'd be having better ping than the majority of Europe :^)

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 08:24:08 pm »
You sound scared

I'd be having better ping than the majority of Europe :^)
*impressed claps*

Offline Plushka

• Major
  • I love ce4b
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RUS_plushka
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 09:17:41 pm »
I'd like to hear your opinion about making a rule that nations that fight NA must also play a match on their server, I know it's been discussed before and people are actually against it for reasons that are justified and sometimes not (let's face it, most people just don't feel like playing with 100+ ping and that's normal), I'd like to bring this discussion back one more time and weigh the pros and cons so we can find a common ground, I'm personally in favour of this rule, although my opinion can change since there's many things to discuss, such as the fact that the NA have more experience on EU servers than the other way around, and this would give them a definite advantage.
how do you want to arrange this? u think its gonna work like on native but u cant split rounds for sets and maps. Also problem with pings for cis and turkish players, if NA players playing with 90-120 pings on EU servers, players from eastern Europe will have 170 pings on NA servers. If u want arrange this can we play the same shit on Istanbul, Moscow and Kiev servers?
Я выйграл eic а фолька нет!
Фолька pider !

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 09:52:08 pm »
I also don't want to hear this 'even ground' bullshit because playing with 150ping isn't even ground
HiReaper gets 95 ping on Chicago servers so idk where this is coming from, maybe you played on a Dallas or California server?
The NA servers can probably be moved to New York where UK players will get ~70-80 ping

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 09:56:42 pm »
home and away was used in Native and created massive home ground stomps where the winning team would only win by 1 round. NA beat titans Poland because of 1 round they won on away
no, NA won the set 3-1 against Poland on away, they didn't win by 1 round
Spoiler
[close]
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 11:48:59 pm »
I also don't want to hear this 'even ground' bullshit because playing with 150ping isn't even ground
HiReaper gets 95 ping on Chicago servers so idk where this is coming from, maybe you played on a Dallas or California server?
The NA servers can probably be moved to New York where UK players will get ~70-80 ping
From my latest experience I get a 120 - 140 ping on a florida server, don't know how it is looking in NA but my internet is considered to be on of the better ones in germany

Anyway, from my pov if you allow NA server, which would be totally right and fair, you have to probably get CIA, TUR and maybe even chinese (Plamper still alive?) server to make it fair for everyone. And I could imagine that this would be a lot of hard work for you guys, besides people probably still will flame you guys for some reason that it is not fair for them

Wursti

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 11:50:37 pm »
well CIS and TUR problem could just be fixed with a GER server, some ppl will cry about 20 ping instead of 10 tho

Also tbh id be surprised if we see a turkish team anyways

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 11:56:35 pm »
well CIS and TUR problem could just be fixed with a GER server, some ppl will cry about 20 ping instead of 10 tho

Also tbh id be surprised if we see a turkish team anyways
kebab is everywhere
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 11:58:24 pm »
I don't think we need servers for CIS, there is a difference between 60 ping and 100, we shouldn't exagerate, but I understand the point

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 12:24:57 am »
I don't think we need servers for CIS, there is a difference between 60 ping and 100, we shouldn't exagerate, but I understand the point
Is there a difference between ping 10 and 20?

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 12:32:40 am »
That is, if you do a fair and just tournament for all, then let Ukraine play on German servers. Of course not against all teams, for example Spain, Ireland, etc. we can play and on the French server against them