Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 314593 times)

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #945 on: December 09, 2014, 06:53:00 pm »
Hello all, I am working on a custom Taunt sound pack and I've drawn a blank.
I have the sound file I want to replace the files with and know what files must be replaced, but when i replace them and press c, nothing happens.

Things I have tried:
+ Changed 'MP3' to 'Wav'
+ Checked if the clips are of the right length
+ Checked if the audio files produce sound.

--I have tried all of the above--

Help please!!

Thanks
Boris[/b][/font]

How did you change the format? (mp3 to wav)

Via an online converter :)

Hm, I don't see why it wouldn't work though. But I know that some sounds are in ".ogg" format.
I'd recommend you download Audacity and use that for converting
Penn and shitz

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #946 on: December 09, 2014, 06:58:48 pm »
Alright, sorry everybody. haven't looked at this section for a while. Gonna try and answer your questions now.

Hello all, I am working on a custom Taunt sound pack and I've drawn a blank.
I have the sound file I want to replace the files with and know what files must be replaced, but when i replace them and press c, nothing happens.

Things I have tried:+ Changed 'MP3' to 'Wav'
+ Checked if the clips are of the right length
+ Checked if the audio files produce sound.
--I have tried all of the above--

Help please!!
Thanks
Boris

How did you change the format? (mp3 to wav)

I see you didn't manage to change the format of the audio files correctly, but on balance you did change the format of your forum post :D . If you'd like to replace in-game sounds, all you need to do is get a file with the exact same format (most audio tracks are .ogg  or .wav) and the exact same name of the file you're going to replace, then copy and paste it. If you get a notification asking you if you want to overwrite the files, say "Yes". If you didn't get any notification, you must have done something wrong --> Check your Warband Cache on Steam, reinstall the files you overwrote or try with other files. Any spelling mistake will lead to the modifications not to work. Therefore, I'd suggest that you click on the file you want to replace, then press F2, then CTRL + C. Paste the content over to the file you're going to use, then replace the old file with the latter.

I'm trying to make my own .brf file so I can put models in there, rather than just put models in a pre-existent .brf folder. Any tips? Because every time I do, it doesn't work.

Yes, it's definitely possible. Either copy one of the existing BRFs, then empty it off all the things it contains or go to OpenBRF and click on File --> New, then save the file in the Resource folder of the mod you're working on. After doing this, head to the file called module.ini in your main module folder (basically its root directory, where you can find all text files such as scripts.txt, scenes.txt). Search for a string starting with load_mod_resource(for instance load_mod_resource = shipcrew). Copy this string and paste it below. Replace "shipcrew" (the BRF s name) with the very name you gave to your own BRF. Let's say we called our BRF "ie_airplanes". We are going to need to add a string reading load_mod_resource = ie_airplanes after the NW resources have been loaded. You could actually put this new string everywhere, but generally is better to append modifications at the end of the current declarations. If this sounds confusing, just look at Iron Europe's module.ini file and its Resources files as a reference.

If any of you still has further questions, please do not hesitate and ask. I'm going to check this board more frequently from now on.

Offline TheGamingBoris

• Private
  • 3e Caporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 09, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »
Alright, sorry everybody. haven't looked at this section for a while. Gonna try and answer your questions now.

I tried all of that, and what you just said to do is common sense but The sound files were converted correctly, no spelling errors either, when I press 'C' in-game, it is silent... does every taunt have to be different? there are twenty sound files to replace..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:21:56 pm by TheGamingBoris »

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 09, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »

I see you didn't manage to change the format of the audio files correctly, but on balance you did change the format of your forum post :D . If you'd like to replace in-game sounds, all you need to do is get a file with the exact same format (most audio tracks are .ogg  or .wav) and the exact same name of the file you're going to replace, then copy and paste it. If you get a notification asking you if you want to overwrite the files, say "Yes". If you didn't get any notification, you must have done something wrong --> Check your Warband Cache on Steam, reinstall the files you overwrote or try with other files. Any spelling mistake will lead to the modifications not to work. Therefore, I'd suggest that you click on the file you want to replace, then press F2, then CTRL + C. Paste the content over to the file you're going to use, then replace the old file with the latter.

I tried all of that, and what you just said to do is common sense but The sound files were converted correctly, no spelling errors either, when I press 'C' in-game, it is silent... does every taunt have to be different? there are twenty sound files to replace..

How many times have you tried pressing C? xD
Penn and shitz

Offline TheGamingBoris

• Private
  • 3e Caporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 09, 2014, 07:23:00 pm »

alot, can I pass the files on and someone can check them? (Preferably an experienced Modder).

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 09, 2014, 07:26:09 pm »

alot, can I pass the files on and someone can check them? (Preferably an experienced Modder).

Don't really need that much experience to do this. Upload them and I'll check them out
Penn and shitz

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 09, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »
The taunts are randomized. Perhaps try and replace them all, though you might have already done that.

Offline TheGamingBoris

• Private
  • 3e Caporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 09, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »

Don't really need that much experience to do this. Upload them and I'll check them out

I'll PM you mate. Thanks

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 09, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »
We solved it!
Only problem was that he replaced the female battlecries instead of the male ones. Should be working now :D
Penn and shitz

Offline TheGamingBoris

• Private
  • 3e Caporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 09, 2014, 08:03:08 pm »
Yes, Don't know what the male ones are called, anyone? (Hint: They are not french_m_battlecry_#)

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 09, 2014, 08:07:41 pm »
Better later than never!

Offline TheGamingBoris

• Private
  • 3e Caporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:27 pm »
Can anyone find out which audio files are the male battlecries, I know 'french_bayonet_#' are a few of them

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 09, 2014, 10:20:19 pm »
If you get the Module System and then open module_sounds, you're going to get the full list of assigned sounds. But anyway, here they are:

Code
["french_f_battlecry_1.wav", fac_france],["french_f_battlecry_2.wav", fac_france],["french_f_battlecry_3.wav", fac_france],["french_f_battlecry_4.wav", fac_france],["french_f_battlecry_5.wav", fac_france],

("voice_comm_charge_fren", sf_priority_8|sf_vol_13|sf_stream_from_hd, ["fren_charge1.wav","fren_bayonet1.wav","fren_bayonet2.wav","fren_bayonet3.wav","fren_bayonet4.wav"]),

("voice_cry_fem_fren", sf_priority_8|sf_vol_13, [
   "french_f_battlecry_1.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_2.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_3.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_4.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_5.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_6.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_7.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_8.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_9.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_10.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_11.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_12.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_13.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_14.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_15.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_16.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_17.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_18.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_19.wav"
  ,"french_f_battlecry_20.wav"
 ]),

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
« Reply #958 on: December 19, 2014, 06:56:19 pm »
Hi all! I'm not so good in English, so I could easy miss answer to my question, so excuse me please, if I really did.

Question is: how can I make changes in uniform and weapon of player (bots are OK) for modification of Napoleonic Wars? If I just simple add new models to characters uniform, game think that it is a cheat and want to autokick me from my own server of my new module (naturally I am admin, so I stay at server, but without uniform with only hat). Can you help me? Please:)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 19, 2014, 07:47:00 pm »
Hi all! I'm not so good in English, so I could easy miss answer to my question, so excuse me please, if I really did.

Question is: how can I make changes in uniform and weapon of player (bots are OK) for modification of Napoleonic Wars? If I just simple add new models to characters uniform, game think that it is a cheat and want to autokick me from my own server of my new module (naturally I am admin, so I stay at server, but without uniform with only hat). Can you help me? Please:)
Look at how mini-modifications replace old vanilla uniforms for new ones. Renaming the old meshes in openBRF to say _old and keeping the vanilla mesh name for the new uniforms works easily enough.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.