Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 314570 times)

Offline lerty37

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Nevin_Mactavish
  • Side: Union
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #705 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:49 am »
How do u change a color of a uniform using the magic wand?
"What the enemy least expects shall succeed the best"
"God is on the side with the best artillery" -Napoleon

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #706 on: March 18, 2014, 07:34:25 am »

You select what you would like using the magic wand, then click the button above  layers called adjustments (I'm assuming you are using photoshop) then select Hue/Saturation and then click colorized, and just mess with the scales.
Pointy stick champion

Offline lerty37

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Nevin_Mactavish
« Reply #707 on: March 18, 2014, 07:59:22 am »

You select what you would like using the magic wand, then click the button above  layers called adjustments (I'm assuming you are using photoshop) then select Hue/Saturation and then click colorized, and just mess with the scales.
I did that but it made my whole thing a color. Is there a way just to pick a color and put it there?
"What the enemy least expects shall succeed the best"
"God is on the side with the best artillery" -Napoleon

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #708 on: March 18, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »
Spoiler

I did that but it made my whole thing a color. Is there a way just to pick a color and put it there?
[close]

Yes.
Magic wand > cut > new layer > paste > edit levels.
If that doesn't work, Magic wand > cut > new image > paste > levels and then copy back to the original.

Alternatively, just do the edits, copy the piece you want, then undo or reopen and paste back into the original.

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #709 on: March 22, 2014, 04:00:07 am »
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know of any good guides on making skins. I've been searching around and couldn't find any. Any help would be appreciated
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #710 on: March 22, 2014, 10:57:11 pm »
How does one change British sailors to selected items instead of random because I have put the items I want for them in the source code for NW but I can't work out how to change their weapon selection from random to eg itm_french_dragoon_musket

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:52 pm »
How does one change British sailors to selected items instead of random because I have put the items I want for them in the source code for NW but I can't work out how to change their weapon selection from random to eg itm_french_dragoon_musket

That won't work.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2014, 11:36:53 pm »
Yup,  can't do that.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #713 on: March 22, 2014, 11:59:26 pm »

That won't work.

The random weapon selection thing is in strings and scripts. If you want to remove it completely remove it from scripts, or you can change the string to whatever weapon you are using for that class.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #714 on: March 23, 2014, 08:33:04 pm »

That won't work.

The random weapon selection thing is in strings and scripts. If you want to remove it completely remove it from scripts, or you can change the string to whatever weapon you are using for that class.

Not quite true - "Strings" just contain lines of viewable text (i.e. the text seen on the menu buttons, in singleplayer text dialogue, etc...). Anything in there will not have an actual effect on the code, only on what you read inside the game. The actual randomisation code should be in Scripts, as you said.

FYI MadManYo, you won't be able to use that module on a server running NW - it'll kick you for cheating if you do. The mod will need to be serverside if you want it to work.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2014, 11:21:15 am »

That won't work.

Not quite true - "Strings" just contain lines of viewable text (i.e. the text seen on the menu buttons, in singleplayer text dialogue, etc...). Anything in there will not have an actual effect on the code, only on what you read inside the game. The actual randomisation code should be in Scripts, as you said.

FYI MadManYo, you won't be able to use that module on a server running NW - it'll kick you for cheating if you do. The mod will need to be serverside if you want it to work.

I found the string you want:
Code
("random", "Random"),

And Blob is right, in the scripts there will be a part that basically says "for this troop, display this string for the weapon box", which might be something you'll want to look into removing if your France and Britain replacements use different weapons for that class.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Arcturus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 28, 2014, 04:14:45 pm »
How do I change the colour of the plumes on the highlanders?

I'm currently doing a reskin of the 42nd; changing it from the Grenadier Company of the 42nd to the Grenadier Company of the 78th. Simple texture editing on Paint.net only got me so far. I want to make the plume all white.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #717 on: March 28, 2014, 04:32:17 pm »

I'm currently doing a reskin of the 42nd; changing it from the Grenadier Company of the 42nd to the Grenadier Company of the 78th. Simple texture editing on Paint.net only got me so far. I want to make the plume all white.

The .dds is called britishhats or something like that ,  and you just open it up, find the plume there and then re color to your choosing.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #718 on: March 28, 2014, 04:59:08 pm »

The .dds is called britishhats or something like that ,  and you just open it up, find the plume there and then re color to your choosing.
No. Just no.
If you do that you change other regiments plume cokor as well. :P just re- uvmap the plumes in a 3d editing program.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Arcturus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 28, 2014, 11:17:58 pm »

No. Just no.
If you do that you change other regiments plume cokor as well. :P just re- uvmap the plumes in a 3d editing program.

Downloaded Wings 3D, cheers for the help.