Author Topic: Warband Pro Circuit - News & Awards  (Read 11286 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Warband Pro Circuit - News & Awards
« on: September 04, 2018, 09:51:07 pm »
News

Spoiler
9/2 A blockbuster trade has taken place between Wolfpack and league leaders Infamous. The teams agreed to terms late Friday after the trading period began. The move sent DJ and Liquid to team Wolfpack, with Infamous landing Fireboy, Knightofstjohn, and Knocker. Fireboy is currently the leading candidate for MVP. This trade came at a steep price for Infamous as they let go of their best player (and good friend of their GM Oatmeal), DJ. "Business is business at the end of the day", the words from team Infamous general manager, Oatmeal.

9/4 Scrimmages between Atomic and Infamous last night have made it clear that WPC is definitely not a shut case. Atomic went on to win all 3 practice matches. Infamous was building chemistry with new teammates and testing new lineups. Be sure to expect a close finish to this WPC season.

9/5 Infamous took on a team scrambled together tonight consisting of Jaax, Bill, Yoshie, Pedro, Horse, and Rafael. The random team ended up winning 3 matches and tied in one. Infamous is still clearly working on chemistry. Surprise players include Pedro, Jaax, and Horse. They shined against tough opponents. Knocker also topfragged in the first match in a tie.

9/6 The landscape of WPC has changed today at the trade/transfer deadline.

- Masters is now carrying 11 players with the additions of Krastinov, Suns, Cwater, Cow, and Gul. They also released Maple. An investment from Jorge has allowed this move to happen financially. The prize pool is now $1057.14.
- Atomic has acquired fan favorite, CluelessWill
- Aftershock is in some turmoil with Nickcole wanting out of the team.
- Wolfpack is under new leadership as Moraine has taken charge and signed Lawbringer and Maple.
- Infamous made a bold move today. After a very impressive showing in scrimmages against Infamous, Pedro was signed by none other than the team he was doing so well against. Infamous also lost Suns. 
- Awakened is the only team that seems to have made no moves at the deadline. They are echoing the same mantra of togetherness and friendship that Wolfpack had done at the previous trade deadline.

It will be interesting to see how 11 players on one team blends. There are only 5 starting spots. Will there be any controversy over who starts? We will see. Is Maple going to have a resurgence? His lackluster performances have left fans, coaches, and players wanting more from the once shining star of NW. His new situation makes him a key player for a Wolfpack team looking to turn their luck around. Is that Nickcole or Le'Veon Bell? How long will he hold out?

9/7 "Ring the bell. The GOAT is back." These are the words of MATT himself. He has informed me today of his return to the game. MATT. Is. Back.

9/8 Wolfpack forfeits to Atomic. Wolfpack is still reeling and recovering after their trade with Infamous.

9/10 Last night was a match many were looking forward to. The "best friend" Awakened team vs. a new look Infamous team. It was a battle of duelists. It felt like watching Obi-Wan vs. Anakin as Godfreid and Bill went back and forth for what seemed like forever. Godfreid got the better of Bill, winning 2-1 and 2-1. These duel rounds helped swing the momentum into the groupfight, where Infamous seemed to simply just have more talent. Infamous took the win 16-12. It came pretty close down the stretch after some adjustments by Awakened, but they didn't have enough left in the tank to complete the comeback.
[close]

9/20 Well after a long 10 day break, a lot has happened.
-Theodin and Risk got into a small beef reminiscent of Fireboy and Theodin's war of words.
-Aftershock quit WPC after not bringing enough players to a match date scheduled by Jorge. This was an unfortunate circumstance, but was one people could see coming after previous turmoil from the Aftershock organization.
-The big news of the week is what happened to Atomic. After being unable to field enough players to have their match on Tuesday, Atomic was forced to forfeit. This was not a simple situation like it was for Aftershock.

Waste, the manager of team Atomic stated, "In the logs we schedule the match after I state that I will cancel the match if something doesn't work out. Jorge responds "Alright" making me think that he is acknowledging what I have said and is okay with it. Apparently I wasn't clear because Jorge claims that's not what he meant but doesn't say I can't cancel it. Numerous times other teams have canceled on Atomic with Jorges consent so I figured it was no big deal seeing as we still had 5 days until the deadline. Where I was wrong I guess is that a new rule was added saying that you cannot cancel a scheduled match unless both teams agree, though we were not alerted of this and it's not explicitly stated anywhere in the rules."

There are two clear sides on this issue. Jorge vs. everyone else. Waste clearly stated in his conversation with Jorge that, "I'll schedule it then cancel it if it doesn't work". Jorge's response? "Alright". Jorge then goes on to say, "The deadline match will be Sunday most likely if we can't set up our match this week". This is clear evidence that Jorge did in fact know what was going on. There was agreement on both sides that if the match needed to be rescheduled it would be done. The logs heavily support Waste's argument here.

Jorge has decided to be proactive about this. He has announced in an official statement that a committee will be selected that will address issues and rulings. This is a step in the right direction for the league.

Player of The Week
Week 1: Fireboy
Week 2: Russian
Week 3: DJ
Week 4: Anthony
Week 5: Bill
Week 6: Maniac
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:
Week 14:
Week 15:

First Team All-WPC
TBA

Second Team All-WPC
TBA

Third Team All-WPC
TBA

Most Valuable Player
Fireboy
Russian
Maniac
Godfreid
Rafael

Duelist
Godfreid
AsianP
Bill
Puppytron
Suns

Sixth Man
Pinoy
Knocker
Jakester
Epix

Best Manager
Oatmeal
Waste
Jorge
Shinto
Maniac
Moraine
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:13:38 am by Fartknocker »
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Warband Pro Circuit - News & Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:51:39 pm »
This is a better version of what I wanted to do before.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 10:05:33 pm »
This is a better version of what I wanted to do before.
Noice

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:53:59 pm »
IM NOT EVEN ON MANAGER LIST???

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 12:15:26 am »

#JusticeforEgg
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:42 am »
Best friends don't seem to be the key to winning

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 01:00:44 am »
Best friends don't seem to be the key to winning
16-14.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 01:12:17 am »
do best managers abandon their team after losing to best friends?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 01:27:58 am »
How can you rate yourself a best manager if you don't even convey to half the people on the team that you are disbanding/trading yourself to another team?  ???
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 02:04:40 am »
How can you rate yourself a best manager if you don't even convey to half the people on the team that you are disbanding/trading yourself to another team?  ???
BIG OOF

Also
I'm the number 3 duelest rn I think smh

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 02:13:33 am »
Put on the six man list I am a bench player

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 02:20:55 am »
Jaax isn't our 6th man tf

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 05:07:28 am »
This is obviously 63e propaganda

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 06:01:11 am »
Dominating mid in WPC: Theodin

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 11:50:08 am »
What does the “manager” even do