Poll

One set day/event back in MM

Yes!
125 (80.6%)
No!
30 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author Topic: Mount and Musket or Napoleonic Wars?  (Read 17575 times)

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Mount and Musket or Napoleonic Wars?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 10:43:57 pm »
I'll have to say MM, I simply miss the community, the times without thed dosens of trolls, and just the feel of MM..
The community will always look better in the past. That's because you tend only to remember the good things over time and in the present you only notice the bad things.

To be fair he has a point MaHud, there were less trolls and its was more tight knit

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 11:56:41 pm »
You can make the community as tight knit as you want.
All you have to do is reach out.

Also if we really are going to be sentimental then I would say Musket Madness was the best.
Why?
Because there was not a single troll and only handful of players. (server admins? Pfff only useful for switching maps)

But to be honest, that was cool and all but this large community is also fun. I keep meeting new and interesting people.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Moogs

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Moogs
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 12:10:00 am »
Also if we really are going to be sentimental then I would say Musket Madness was the best.

Agreed.

Between the Mount and Muskets and NW, i'd choose NW all the way. The additional features has given NW a lot more depth. Musicians that can move, walking works perfectly, sappers, howitzers, mortars, rocket troops etc.

MM melee is not enough to make me want to play it.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 02:37:21 am »
MM all the way. NW has been one long bumpy ride of frustration, even though I have been quite successful in it and play at a high level now. MM felt so intuitive, a pleasure to learn and master, and moreover felt more immersive in the sense that the higher turning speed and better utilisation of chambering mechanics gave a lot more personal control to an individual in all areas of gameplay save arty (arty had a much higher skill ceiling however, which made it a lot more rewarding to succeed in). I'm not preaching for the return of MM, albeit it would be fun to have some nostalgia-driven events on it sometime, but rather acknowledging that it was a more enjoyable period for me in all my time in the community.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:39:56 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Smithy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 05:24:16 am »
MM all the way. NW has been one long bumpy ride of frustration, even though I have been quite successful in it and play at a high level now. MM felt so intuitive, a pleasure to learn and master, and moreover felt more immersive in the sense that the higher turning speed and better utilisation of chambering mechanics gave a lot more personal control to an individual in all areas of gameplay save arty (arty had a much higher skill ceiling however, which made it a lot more rewarding to succeed in). I'm not preaching for the return of MM, albeit it would be fun to have some nostalgia-driven events on it sometime, but rather acknowledging that it was a more enjoyable period for me in all my time in the community.

Beautifully written.    Couldn't agree more.  :D

Today was a good day we have taken a step closer too saving this community from cancer.

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 02:00:37 pm »

Hear hear! Gotta love that MMostalgia.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Glory

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 06:55:14 am »
Im Going to add a new poll but keep the results from the latest one.

Offline Youp

• Captain
  • Skill is not an unlock, it's something you gain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Youp
  • Side: Union
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 02:56:57 pm »
NW, MM was good, but NW has more thing's to offer.
Gazeilles Youp
Ex- Regimental Sergeant Major of the 4e Grenadiers, Served the regiment for 2,5 years

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:53 am »
You can make the community as tight knit as you want.
All you have to do is reach out.

Why?
Because there was not a single troll and only handful of players. (server admins? Pfff only useful for switching maps)

But to be honest, that was cool and all but this large community is also fun. I keep meeting new and interesting people.

Like me <3
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Imperial Russian Guards

• Private
  • The Imperial Russian Gaurds Brigade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 11:29:47 am »
MM, It had a better community

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2012, 12:08:15 pm »
MM because playing old games is more fun than people think, I just bought the enhanced version of baldurs gate 1 and am remebering why i used to play it all those years ago

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »
MM because playing old games is more fun than people think, I just bought the enhanced version of baldurs gate 1 and am remebering why i used to play it all those years ago

Just bought Vikings:Battle for Asgard (a few years old yet im lovin it)

Divine Divinity as well <3 absolutely amazing

I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »
Dam Jacob posting every post! Haha,

I would stick somewhere between MM and NW actually. MM was just waaay better with the melee. And I spended +2000 hours on it. It was a great pleasure to play. And the Community was also wonderful got me a real fun time. I met great people, who I know now for Idk how long. It was also great to make maps and host events in Mount&Musket. The loads of time I spended on there were soo worth it. The "melee maps" like Beach and Tropical Island (If I remember correctly) were really nice to play on. If I could, and there was still a decent player base, then I would still play MM on daily base.

NW simply the graphical improvements and it's features, and because of them I enjoy playing on public more. On MM I played public mainly for the melee and if that didn't work out, I just quitted. Now with NW due the more options. I enjoy playing on it more. And tend to play longer on the servers. Also the Sieges have been improved allot. And keep me on for quite some times, engineers, various choice of cannons, destructible walls. Etc. It's just pretty sweet if you think about it.

I never really liked the line battles. Getting shot at the start of the round and waiting for 10 mins isn't really my thing. However, the MM melee in linebattles was kinda more intensive, while the NW is better for teamwork. But it gets some spamming with it as well.

So yes... Between it. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:16:42 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 09:13:59 pm »
I post every other post because I have nothing to do all day Goki ;)

Offline Oosten

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MaxMoanz
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2012, 03:48:57 am »
I would have to go with MM, to me the community was just a lot more smoother...everyone pretty much knew eachother and got along real well...now with NW there is a lot of drama going on.