Author Topic: A new league?  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
A new league?
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:47:23 am »
Anyone else down for a new regimental 1v1 league? The problem is now the stability of regiments are a lot more shakey imo and rosters are always fluctuating so maybe a tournament? But then again the issue with that is once a reg loses all their members can just play for another that is still in. Any suggestions? I don’t think I would be suited for running it but I would definitely help

Also can we please change linebattles from the best of 10 format idk who came up with that garbage but I think a FT6 or something similar is better. Nothing worse than losing 8-0 and you still have to play 2 more rounds for no reason because you’ve already lost. Also ties create too much bs and nobody leaves the server happy with a tie
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:58:21 am by Rutger Müller »

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: A new league?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 11:52:54 am »
Well I'm not sure but I think another NANWL might be around the corner, as for an entirely new regimental 1v1 league to stray from the ft10 format that is the international standard on both sides of the Atlantic is probably too far fetched in the current stage of the game. Ties are interesting and give each regiment motivation to maybe do better in the next bout Vs that particular regiment. Also for underdog regiments it would mean alot to get a draw and avoid losing 6 rounds.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 01:27:42 pm »
Well I'm not sure but I think another NANWL might be around the corner, as for an entirely new regimental 1v1 league to stray from the ft10 format that is the international standard on both sides of the Atlantic is probably too far fetched in the current stage of the game. Ties are interesting and give each regiment motivation to maybe do better in the next bout Vs that particular regiment. Also for underdog regiments it would mean alot to get a draw and avoid losing 6 rounds.
The default is not Ft10 it is best of 10

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 01:32:22 pm »
The default is not Ft10 it is best of 10

Soz I meant best of

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 05:01:32 pm »
pls no

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 05:07:49 pm »
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 06:26:54 pm »
The issue with Morraine's league (which isn't even his fault tbh) is that there is a clear gap between the top regiments (LG & 42nd), the only mid-tier regiment (15e) and the rest. It was obvious from the start that the only interesting match was going to be 42nd vs LG. But since other matches don't matter for the competition and half people drop interest after a few weeks, you can't even build-up a real hype for the deciding match and I feel that at this state of the league, people just want to get it over with.

It's a tough decision to make but sometimes, getting a smaller sized league with only regiments capable to make the full run is better than accepting everyone signing-up on the premise that it will keep them active and benefit the community overall, while its common sense most will drop out after a few matches because of the aforementioned skill-gap between structures, and effectively delay/damage the tournament.

If you feel the NA community is in a state where you simply can't refuse regiments signing-up for a competitive contest, regardless of their skill and capacity to last in time, then at least make two propers divisions to ensure you can keep things a bit entertaining and give these smaller regiments a chance to exist.

Its better to make all these regiments ( LG - 42nd - 93rd - 15e - 6teSLR - (73rd?) ) in the same league and eventually create a second division for other smaller structures which would be interested to partake, rather than putting everyone in the same bracket and have half matches being completly unbalanced and uninteresting. If you feel like 4-6 regiments is not enough to make a league, make it a home-away based system like the CCL.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 09:12:24 pm »
At this point I don't think we should start up another league within the next month due to the fact moraine's isn't even done and we've just started the 4v4 draft league. Which yes I know has nothing to do with regiments but it's what everyone is focused on rn.

There are too few regients to start  a league right away without actually comming together and disscusing the topic with smaller/pure pub regiments and to see who is willing to playing in tier 2(newbie reg tier) I think that'll be a good thing to do once NANWL season comes around again
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

|Viper|

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 09:25:31 pm »
Hi guys let’s host a league even though we know who’s gonna win! *cough*

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 09:51:20 pm »
Hi guys let’s host a league even though we know who’s gonna win! *cough*
That can be dealt with one way or another.  but I don't think hosting a league should be relevant as of right now
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:09:27 am »
ur shit at melee fancy
huh

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 03:23:52 pm »
I didn’t even know NANWL was a thing still
ur shit at melee fancy
Boi don’t make me put you in your place again

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 07:39:03 pm »
Honestly kinda what Jolly said but I am gonna go a step farther.  Wait until late April early May.  People are focused on college and school so it makes more sense when they have more free time to start up a league.  Any talk of making a league right after moraines league is going to be due to selfish reasons. 

An answer to Tardets point or an addon (at this point I dont care lol).  But using regiments records past a certain point to determine placement for a league may be something to consider.  In the past it has been up to the head organizers and moderators to determine where regiments go.  This is something that is tricky to do because making a league balanced and fair based off a few peoples viewpoints is kinda flawed from the beginning.  So for example: If league starts march 15th, starting on Feb 15th, regiments who have official 1v1s will start having there records looked at to see where they get placed.  Winning a match is equal to 5 points, each round that both regiments win counts as .5 points.  So for instance LG beats 42nd 9-1, LG gets 5 points for the win plus  .5 for each round they won.  In total they would get 9.5 points for that match.  On March 15th all the regiments would have there 1v1s tallied up for placement that way we have a fair way of seeing how close each regiment is to each other. 

Now this idea more than likely will be looked at and laughed at, which is cool, however I would like to point out placing all regiments into 1 league will do more to destroy whats left of the community than help it.  So yeah. My two cents.

PapaB

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 08:28:36 pm »
[...] however I would like to point out placing all regiments into 1 league will do more to destroy whats left of the community than help it.  So yeah. My two cents.

That's pretty much the point I tried to make. Concerning your system, I think it's a bit overkill tbh. There is no structuration for friendly 1v1s and you can't force people to play practices matches nor decide who they gonna face so any seeding based on that would be completely flawed.

The NW scene, wherever it's EU or NA, is small enough so that people who organize leagues usually aren't complete morons and know how to seed divisions correctly or request the help of relevant people on that subject, in order to do so.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 11:45:30 pm »
[...] however I would like to point out placing all regiments into 1 league will do more to destroy whats left of the community than help it.  So yeah. My two cents.

That's pretty much the point I tried to make. Concerning your system, I think it's a bit overkill tbh. There is no structuration for friendly 1v1s and you can't force people to play practices matches nor decide who they gonna face so any seeding based on that would be completely flawed.

The NW scene, wherever it's EU or NA, is small enough so that people who organize leagues usually aren't complete morons and know how to seed divisions correctly or request the help of relevant people on that subject, in order to do so.
Hahahhaha I am not about forcing regiments to do anything.  It would just be like how regiments track 1v1s now.  But like I said its an idea and my two cents.