Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 32750 times)

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Discussion
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2020, 12:56:27 pm »
If your arguments are gonna be things taken from years ago, and not even related to the topic, you might as well stick to posting obscure videos to fuel your sArCAsm

You're talking about an invite rule, this transfer window allows people a single switch of teams, but they actually have to be a part of the regiment they're going to play for, to meaningfully join said-regiment.

If there was anything that made membership "meaningful" it was the fact that once you made your decision prior to launching the league, it was definitive and set you up for the entirety of the competition. The rule you came up with erases the word "meaningful" from our dictionary, the sheer unprecedentedness of enabling players to participate in matches with more than one regiment during one and the same season of a league is simply the heaviest blow you can deliver to the sense of legitimacy that a membership in a regiment holds. There is good reason why it was never allowed before.

I'm particularly appalled because when it suited your interest in the past, you didn't hesitate to play the role of "legit memership" police and unleash your sanctimonious concern on rival regiments. Now you want St0m so you casually jump over to the opposite side of the barricade. But it's just too transparent. You already know very well that I and many others don't consider you a honourable player and I'm sure you're at peace with that thought, but what you did now doesn't even pretend to disguise itself for the sake of your image with the rest of community, you might just as well stand on a podium and shout: "I'll do anything for a slightest fortification of my regiment and its chances to win, be it skinning little kittens alive or sucking a dick!!!!!"

Genuinely curious to see if it pays off.

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2020, 12:58:07 pm »
Since we are doing rules for individuals, I'm gonna put in that any regiment with a Shark should get 10 points!
May the Shark be with you!

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2020, 01:33:51 pm »
Since we are doing rules for individuals, I'm gonna put in that any regiment with a Shark should get 10 points!
2nd rule: a regiment with Shark and Coco got one point for each kill both of they have  :)
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2020, 01:44:52 pm »
Spoiler
If your arguments are gonna be things taken from years ago, and not even related to the topic, you might as well stick to posting obscure videos to fuel your sArCAsm

You're talking about an invite rule, this transfer window allows people a single switch of teams, but they actually have to be a part of the regiment they're going to play for, to meaningfully join said-regiment.

If there was anything that made membership "meaningful" it was the fact that once you made your decision prior to launching the league, it was definitive and set you up for the entirety of the competition. The rule you came up with erases the word "meaningful" from our dictionary, the sheer unprecedentedness of enabling players to participate in matches with more than one regiment during one and the same season of a league is simply the heaviest blow you can deliver to the sense of legitimacy that a membership in a regiment holds. There is good reason why it was never allowed before.

I'm particularly appalled because when it suited your interest in the past, you didn't hesitate to play the role of "legit memership" police and unleash your sanctimonious concern on rival regiments. Now you want St0m so you casually jump over to the opposite side of the barricade. But it's just too transparent. You already know very well that I and many others don't consider you a honourable player and I'm sure you're at peace with that thought, but what you did now doesn't even pretend to disguise itself for the sake of your image with the rest of community, you might just as well stand on a podium and shout: "I'll do anything for a slightest fortification of my regiment and its chances to win, be it skinning little kittens alive or sucking a dick!!!!!"

[close]
God damn Erik rigging everything again!!11 ;_;
Also Rastignac, the idea of having a transfer window was taken from the CCL, where a rule like that was also planned, but did not apply because of the abrupt end of the competition.

All of you guys should stop painting the devil on the wall and make the whole new rule bigger than it is (because that just might lead to it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy); a few individuals seem to be really insecure about players suddenly leaving their regiment, so they try to foreshadow this big 'player migration' -  quite frankly, I do not see where this is suddenly coming from and in my opinion it is most unlikely that major players suddenly decide to pack their stuff and join a whole different regiment. People are acting as if the rule would state that one player from every regiment HAS TO change.

The rule is supposed to be a small opportunity for a handful of unfortunate individuals, who the admin team wants to enjoy the (big) rest of the league and I do not see anything wrong with that. Also, I do agree that this in the context of St0m leaving the 1er might appear a bit questionable for some people, but it really is just bad timing, since a few people before were asking for such a possibility already and with St0m a new case came in addition to them.

I would also oppose such a new rule if it would have been implented in the final stages of the tournament and/or would have allowed more than one player per regiment, but the rule as it is right now seems very harmless to me and does not damage the competition at all.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2020, 01:52:18 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Also Rastignac, the idea of having a transfer window was taken from the CCL, where a rule like that was also planned, but did not apply because of the abrupt end of the competition.

All of you guys should stop painting the devil on the wall and make the whole new rule bigger than it is (because that just might lead to it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy); a few individuals seem to be really insecure about players suddenly leaving their regiment, so they try to foreshadow this big 'player migration' -  quite frankly, I do not see where this is suddenly coming from and in my opinion it is most unlikely that major players suddenly decide to pack their stuff and join a whole different regiment. People are acting as if the rule would state that one player from every regiment HAS TO change.

The rule is supposed to be a small opportunity for a handful of unfortunate individuals, who the admin team wants to enjoy the (big) rest of the league and I do not see anything wrong with that. Also, I do agree that this in the context of St0m leaving the 1er might appear a bit questionable for some people, but it really is just bad timing, since a few people before were asking for such a possibility already and with St0m a new case came in addition to them.

I would also oppose such a new rule if it would have been implented in the final stages of the tournament and/or would have allowed more than one player per regiment, but the rule as it is right now seems very harmless to me and does not damage the competition at all.

In my eyes, if you want to play in the tournament, don't leave a reg part way through it. You either leave your reg before it starts or leave afterwards. Anyone who left their regiment during knows the outcome. That being said, if its a player who has not currently played for any regiment in the CL, I see no reason not to allow them to partake.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2020, 01:58:27 pm »
@Rasti

You can question the interest of the rule, that's totally understandable but at the very least, don't make this a 'Erik is making-up that rule to get St0m'. I, Erik and probably other people discussed the transfer window with Lindblom way before anyone was concerned by it. I know you don't trust Erik but I hope you can take my words for the truth when it comes to that situation.

Also worth adding, like Dokletian said, that the transfer window what something brought up by Exo before we host the CCL and we all agreed it was an interesting idea, simply difficult to set-up. I'm pretty sure that if Exo had announced such a rule-change during the CCL and that somehow the 5e benefited from it (like any regiment would), you could have still disagreed with it without painting Exo as such a bad person. I genuinely think that by engaging once more in this silly back-and-forth bickering with Erik, you are weakening your own argument.

I am fine with discussing things and I would be more than happy to bring my own host experience, as I was also not so long ago put in this situation (with Shadey, for the RGL7) but let's leave the obvious hostility at the door as it brings nothing of value to this thread.

Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

In my eyes, if you want to play in the tournament, don't leave a reg part way through it. You either leave your reg before it starts or leave afterwards. Anyone who left their regiment during knows the outcome. That being said, if its a player who has not currently played for any regiment in the CL, I see no reason not to allow them to partake.

I absolutely agree and specially if you take into consideration how many people from DIFFERENT regiments are disagreeing with the rule you should reconsider this rule :)

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2020, 02:36:02 pm »
regarding this transfer rule, the fact that it was accepted for the first CCL was mainly because it had to last 18 weeks, that means twice as long as a classic competition because a return match had to be taken into account. In fact, the competition never ended but we could see, especially in the 1erRC, the imbalance that it had caused. The best players of the 11th hussar had joined us (the 1erRC) and we were beating the 4ehuss 3-0 before the referee ended the match (because of an altercation between the two regiments) and then the tournament which no longer made sense.

Then I find this rule out of nowhere. Transferring St0m doesn't seem useful to me for the SNC simply because he is captain of the German selection(he has nothing to prove to play it.) and he could have taken advantage of leaving the 1erHuss to watch the streams. But he preferred to join the 4e

it may not have been the intention, but I am judging the facts and I think changing the rule to allow St0m to play in the 4e is not fair. All the more so as these same rules were not relaxed when it was necessary to deal with the case of the 1erHuss.

I completely agree with what Thyrell, Sharkie, Saphyro, Coco_Ayala, Rasti, the guys on the 8th etc think about this rule.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2020, 02:40:21 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

I absolutely agree and specially if you take into consideration how many people from DIFFERENT regiments are disagreeing with the rule you should reconsider this rule :)
[close]
90% 1er here
Also letting regimental leaders decide... really? What do you think would have happened if you'd have let the regimental leaders decide upon the cheating rule?
This rule is explicitly aimed at individuals and it surely is no regimental thing so there is no point at letting regiments voting on this.

@DragonKing, once again: it is not all about St0m, I know some people are trying as hard as they can to make it look like it is all about ONE person, but do you guys actually think Lindblom would have made a rule then??
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2020, 02:43:54 pm »
As I said, I'm only looking at the facts and for the moment this rule has only been used for one player: St0m. And I doubt it will be used for others. (but I could be wrong)
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2020, 02:46:29 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

[close]
90% 1er here
Also letting regimental leaders decide... really? What do you think would have happened if you'd have let the regimental leaders decide upon the cheating rule?
This rule is explicitly aimed at individuals and it surely is no regimental thing so there is no point at letting regiments voting on this.

@DragonKing, once again: it is not all about St0m, I know some people are trying as hard as they can to make it look like it is all about ONE person, but do you guys actually think Lindblom would have made a rule then??

He is the only known person who has left a regiment in the CL. So of course we are going to point him out.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2020, 03:00:56 pm »
fuck you guys think st0m's finna do, win us the league by himself?

It's an outdated rule, we had the same discussion in native and changed the rule all the same, even gave it a special little name (transfer week).
Ohh guess what: IT WORKED, AND EVERYONE WAS HAPPY ABOUT IT IN THE END!

And when feezy was banned after an addition rule that was added after the tournament's start, we all seemed to be fine with it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:03:45 pm by Ciiges »

Offline Yuki

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yuki
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2020, 03:02:21 pm »
Let's be honnest making this rules after 2 weeks seems unapropriate to a tournament so you guys do whatever you wants but damn it's a fcking tournament stop making rules during it ? the rules were clear why would you change it now ? just because people left a regiment dudes thats their fcking problems they knew the rules. Just for exemple you guys banned Feezy for a Texture mod according to the rules he had the punishment wich follows to that , and now you guys make possibility to players that can left a regiment to joining another and still play CL wich will impact more than a texture mod ? This tournament isn't "serious" thats all I have to say . I'm not opening my mouth a lot on FSE But damn when I see acts like that . I just want to burns some houses. Be smart don't act for your owns we are suposed to be a comunity and 3 people just deciding to change rules in the back of the players. Thats sad

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2020, 03:05:27 pm »
Don't think the problem is with St0m!
The problem i see is:
1. The inconsistency of the rules? Reg Leaders accepted the rules prior to this league.
And duuring the league some many rules are getting changed?
This really makes this rule book more like guidelines which are changable.

2. Every player should have known that prior to the league, that he might should decide carefully which regiment he should play for...
Because it was clearly said, your not allowed to play for another regiment then.

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2020, 03:10:16 pm »

It's an outdated rule, we had the same discussion in native and changed the rule all the same, even gave it a special little name (transfer week).
Ohh guess what: IT WORKED, AND EVERYONE WAS HAPPY ABOUT IT IN THE END!

And when feezy was banned after an addition rule that was added after the tournament's start, we all seemed to be fine with it.
Behave yourself. No reason to start insulting people and it wont help your point aswell.