Author Topic: Download Link Now Available V4  (Read 252252 times)

Offline Oosten

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MaxMoanz
  • Side: Union
Re: (WIP) The Anglo-Zulu War
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »
I really cant wait gor this mod, wish I cod help but im not very skilled with computer programing or what ever u have to do to make a mod. Lol

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 05:07:08 am »
I really cant wait gor this mod, wish I cod help but im not very skilled with computer programing or what ever u have to do to make a mod. Lol
lol thanks though always need the support
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 10:39:18 pm »
So how are you going to balance the guns for the British and not make them extremely OP while not making them under powered? Will add in a system so that Zulus shields can withstand the impact of 1 bullet then they break, or will the Zulus be able to shout which gives them a large buff so they can take more damage?
Sorry if this is to early but I'm very curious, I'm okay if you can't answer my question.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 12:48:06 am »
For a start we will have far less ammo than in NW,Like half. Though we do hope to have a commissary class who can somehow drop ammo or something similiar. If possible we hope that it could be possible for the zulu nation to run faster. But for the moment we are focusing on modelling and texturing. Everything else is still concept until the basics are done.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 05:30:38 am »
A start in modeling :P our Martini Rifle. Thanks To Willhem.
Spoiler

[close]

What's the triangle count on those? It looks like you're using far too much, especially on those bolts. Or do you plan on baking it?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:38:45 am by Rigadoon »

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:06 am »
Original number I believe was 20,000 since showing that picture it's been reduced to 5000.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 11:51:44 am »
So how are you going to balance the guns for the British and not make them extremely OP while not making them under powered? Will add in a system so that Zulus shields can withstand the impact of 1 bullet then they break, or will the Zulus be able to shout which gives them a large buff so they can take more damage?
Sorry if this is to early but I'm very curious, I'm okay if you can't answer my question.

Personally I think Zulus having a shield that can withstand one bullet would be a pretty bad idea, it would be frustrating, it would seem much like in warband against archers, and it wouldn't be historically accurate, let alone realistic, also the shield is a big bonus in melee combat over the Brits so i dont think it needs that bonus and it would make the zulus OP in fact. I haven't discussed this with the team yet but I think it would be pretty cool to have a witch doctor class who is basically doped up on drugs as they often are, so he feels a lot less pain, which in game terms would mean a lot more HP. But as James said it's too early to say.
A start in modeling :P our Martini Rifle. Thanks To Willhem.
Spoiler

[close]

What's the triangle count on those? It looks like you're using far too much, especially on those bolts. Or do you plan on baking it?
Being my first serious model entering modelling for the first time I made it far too detailed, luckily blender has a "decimate" tool which must be baking, so i put the the triangles down to 5000 from 22000 and it still looks the same detail in game, and i kept a save of the detailed version for fun too since I'm quite proud of it  :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:51:03 pm by Willhelm »

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 04:10:19 pm »
That´s Good! Very Nice model :D
I dont know if you would like to use OSP, but here is one specially made for the mod :)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,192024.msg4597226.html#msg4597226
The first modder for NW.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 04:34:31 pm »
I dont know if you would like to use OSP, but here is one specially made for the mod :)

well thanks my good sir. many people have pointed this out but sadly none of the links work and we still have to work from scratch. :/
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 05:15:12 pm »
Your Pith's are nice. Some of the Pith's would have been a stained khaki colour. Although I do think they look better white. They also seem like they're made of paper mache, and the regimental plate seems to stick out a bit too much. Although, I do assume that it is W.I.P.
Still everything looks nice so far! Looking forward to playing it!

Stained Pith Colour:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:18:12 pm by Hawke »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 08:08:28 pm »
Hmm, I do still have Austro's guns and weapons laying around here somewhere, however i'm not to sure about it.

I'll look around for it.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 08:52:33 pm »
Your Pith's are nice. Some of the Pith's would have been a stained khaki colour. Although I do think they look better white. They also seem like they're made of paper mache, and the regimental plate seems to stick out a bit too much. Although, I do assume that it is W.I.P.

Stained Pith Colour:
Spoiler
[close]

why thank you our helmets indeed are still a wip. LOL :P thanks for the feed back though and such
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »
Hmm, I do still have Austro's guns and weapons laying around here somewhere, however i'm not to sure about it.

I'll look around for it.
well you would make our day if you still have them :P
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »

I'd already seen that, unfortunately all the links 404, at least for me :(

Stained Pith Colour:
Spoiler
[close]

You're right about everything because the pith helmets are only half textured and I haven't even started on the badge yet   :P. Right now I'm texturing the 24th privates tunic. Looking for texturers to help because theres too much for one man, me.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 10:13:29 pm »

Stained Pith Colour:
Spoiler
[close]

You're right about everything because the pith helmets are only half textured and I haven't even started on the badge yet   :P. Right now I'm texturing the 24th privates tunic. Looking for texturers to help because theres too much for one man, me.
I would help, but unfortunately I can't texture!
Anyway, the 24th is my regiment, so do well with the uniform! I wish you good luck!