Author Topic: EGS | Season 3 League 2 Tournament #2 | 6v6 | 28.11  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Season 3 League 2 Tournament #2 | 6v6 | 28.11
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 11:12:57 am »
Well... this moov represent our tournament. Without playing during 2weeks because of different reasons we chained choke, bad peek, bad teamplay etc..
Thanks to me for this incredible jump which represent the elegance and determination..
I hope we will be better next time.

GG

The amount of times I’ve accidentally hit my space bar mid round  ;D  I feel your pain

Offline ValleyPikey

• Sergeant Major
  • bumbaclut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IRE NWWC 2021
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 11:47:30 am »
Congratulations to Crappers on winning convincingly! It’s nice to see completely different teams in the last 4 compared to last time which is hopefully the start of a very competitive and unpredictable league! Don’t be so harsh on media guys for trying to predict a hard to predict and ever changing power ranking structure in this league! Appreciate the effort and move on! See you all for the 7v7 in 2 weeks time!

GG glad me leaving didn’t impact anything. Mad to think we lost our first two matches of the night and still win it.

Please change my flag to fuckin wales. Triggered beyond belief
ur English right?

Jack Grealish is happy at Man City leave it there

Offline Muhataa

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ex.Moderator TKC
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2021, 09:34:17 pm »

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 06:40:06 pm »
Review

Spoiler

The 6v6 for league 2 offered many surprises in both the group stages and knockouts all the way into the finals.

First lets start off with Crappers, a team which lost two matches in the group stages 1-5 to Gordons and a 5-0 to Elements, this only strengthened crappers resolve to do better in the next stages of the tournament. Coming third in their group they had the hardest path to the finals fighting PRY, Coureur de bois and finally Gordons in the semi finals. Gordons posed the largest threat to crappers after they beat them so decisively in the group stages, but managed to pull through and win with a comfortable 7-3 lead. In the finals we saw Crappers face off against Amigos, a team which has proven before they have what it takes to beat crappers as they did so in the bronze match of the 5v5, in this match we saw both Crappers and Amigos trade round after rounds until the 6-6 mark where Crappers seemed to gain an advantage and bring it home to 6-9, where Amigos then gained another round losing the last one to Crappers giving Crappers the win they deserve at 10-7. In this match we saw some amazing plays from Rikus who became the tournament MVP for this reason.

The second team to mention here is amigos. This team did amazing all tournament coming first in their group and making it all the way to the final stages, we saw them destroy the likes of RF and coming close with other teams such as CCCP junior and noodle alliance. Because of this it gave them a significant advantage in the knockouts facing elements to get to the semi-finals however Elements managed to pull many rounds on them ending it in a 7-5 win to amigos, in the semi-finals we saw amigos face off against DWC, DWC choked round after round against Amigos losing often an advantage, DWC managed to pull back some rounds but ultimately lost to the superior amigos. In the finals Amigos tried to pull home the gold medal but came short after Crappers pulled away at the 6-6 mark giving Crappers the win and gave Amigos second place.

Gordons, a team which has both a good leader and many experienced players had a good group stage beating many teams including Crappers which they lost too later, they came first of their group also giving them a good seed for later in the tournament. In the knockouts they faced CCCPjr who gave them a good competition but ultimately lost giving Gordons a 7-5 win. In the semi's we saw Gordons face Crappers and lose rather decisively losing 7-3 to Crappers pushing them down into the bronze match where they faced and beat DWC, DWC was ultimately demoralised after there close defeat at the hands of Amigos and ultimately along with the skill and leadership of Gordons allowed Gordons to bring home the bronze medal.

Next I want to mention DWC, a team which beat Good fellas in the knockouts, a team that was predicted to surely be in the finals considering their superior line-up. Here we saw the likes of Stoiki and Herp manage to pull round after round against Goodfellas allowing them to continue into the competition and send Goodfellas home without a podium placement.

[close]
Most Surprising Player Performances

Spoiler
Some players we saw play very well consist of Stoiki, Rikus, Herp, Pro100pro, Azur21 and DunkingKong who all did well in the group stages and knockout stages of the tournament.

[close]

WRITTEN BY Blitzkrieg