Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - May - July Term  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Community Rep Post - May - July Term
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2021, 08:31:02 pm »
Sssssssst
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2021, 08:41:21 am »
I can't wait to run for another election

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2021, 04:34:24 pm »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2021, 10:32:05 pm »
yo same
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2021, 11:07:51 pm »
this time you will win
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2021, 06:38:16 pm »
Elontiuz inbound, here to make NW a better place

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2021, 01:39:45 am »
Elontiuz inbound, here to make NW a better place

I would rather moraine be CR 100 times before you ever get it
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2021, 03:47:45 am »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2021, 05:38:36 pm »
Well I may as well make a post now about the past term and go over the successes and failures. I won't be running for CR again and will be locking the thread after this post.

For the public side of it, I tried hosting three different events that would appeal to the casual scene of NA. The first was the mod event, which resulted in the event being cancelled after the first week since only two groups of 10 signed up for it. I was extremely disappointed in the result of the event because I felt it could've been great and much needed diversity of entertainment of trying out new mods. But one thing I learned from this, regiments nowadays only will sign up to only NW events if they can be a specialty like arty or skirms.

Secondly, I tried out a melee only conquest event. I had a feeling this was not going to be as successful as the mod event above. However, this one had an attendance. Albeit resulting only in a 15v15 at most. But most did enjoy the setting and the deathrun at the end. I think the event would have been great a year ago when more regiments back then were willing to give events like this a chance. However, as stated before, it did not appeal to the casual community and the event died due to low numbers and the regiments that did sign-up shortly could not come.

Finally, I gave a new tournament format a chance, where it changed every week from a tournament format such as 4v4, to a more casual, PUGs where less experienced players can get into the competitive side of NW more smoothly (This was during MM so it was extremely toxic for new players to be given a chance playing). Once again, low numbers and another melee draft league happening when the tournaments took place resulted in the idea failing. What probably could've been done to remedy this was making individual threads for the tournaments and having a better remind system to notify players when tournament were happening.

For the competitive sides, there were some success from myself and primarily from individuals who began hosting tournaments in the recent months.

NWPC was a interesting idea to bring back, and it was cool seeing different regiments making it to the finals. Unfortunately it had a terrible ending to it but primarily ran fine from the outside looking in. However, I think 1v1s leagues are over with most players no longer enjoying them. I'd recommended trying to find some different formats, maybe 2v2 or some kind of CTF league or something?

RLG lasted for the entirety of my term. From my perspective, I don't think it was needed, and the fact it took weeks for the finals match to happen made even the winner of it meaningless. I think NA as a whole with how small and few regiments there are NA should move towards groupfighting teams instead. For example, using the EU groupfighting teams as a possible format, host tournaments where only established groupfighting teams can be apart of. It may be unbalanced at first, but possibly can be a good thing for a small and niche community the NA competitive scene has become.

I hosted a NA all stars league where it was the best of the continent fighting in an 8v8 and it was fairly balanced given I spent some hours purposefully trying to balance the teams the best I could. I believe from reviews and input from the participants that it was a very good idea and in the future hopefully we can expand upon it. It resulted in a 4-2 win for team 2 but the first two weeks it was 2-2 until the third week where team 2 pulled away.

In the last month, there has been a huge contribution to the tournament scene with individuals who never hosted them before giving it a chance and it was very successful thus far. I would like to thank each Mikey, James, and lastly Levis for giving tournament hosting a shot as it can be demanding with all the complexities it comes with it. All of the tournaments these three hosted have been great to be apart of especially the new format of doing groupstages rather than the traditional format we have been doing for years. It gives the game light as people are trying stuff new and it working.

And with trying new stuff, that was my primary objective my term. I wanted the community to get away from the traditional formats and try ideas that can be cool and fun, rather than doing the same linebattle or 1v1 over and over again. I mostly failed in trying to do this but hopefully maybe the next person can try and succeed where I failed. You don't need to be CR to do stuff like this, but it certainly does help when you have a little clout and forum powers.

There's probably more that I am missing, but that was most of the important stuff. Go join the new 4v4 draft league on the NA competitive board. Also stop making dumb lists. Moreover, I sadly did not do a lot of what I promised, as with no one coming to any events I hosted it got to me where I got so bumed out I didn't want to try anything else. I apologize for giving up half way through and whoever becomes the next CR and reads this: don't get down when people don't come to stuff, NA is such as small community now just having 30-40 people coming to the event is great. Furthermore, give it time to grow and maybe good things will spread to others and they may give it a chance. Idk maybe I'm just too pessimistic about stuff and don't give it a chance if it does not work out at first.

Thanks to all who have supported me even in the times where I failed. Hopefully the small successes I did have made people's days slightly better.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 05:47:03 pm by RussianFury »