Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520011 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5835 on: August 18, 2021, 07:28:04 pm »
How do we fix the middle east? may god help my afghan brothers

nuke it

Yeah just hit it with a reset button.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5836 on: August 18, 2021, 08:05:16 pm »
idk guys, royalism is pretty cool 8)

this sure adds a lot to the conversation.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: August 24, 2021, 04:45:33 pm »
how to fix middle east part 1 of x

>revoke Sykes-Picot
>Expel them

>pan arab state

>win
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5838 on: August 24, 2021, 06:21:58 pm »
how to fix the middle east part 2 of x

>remove religion

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5839 on: August 24, 2021, 08:38:39 pm »

>remove religion
you will make great fuel for the eternal flames heathen

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5840 on: August 25, 2021, 01:36:59 am »

>remove religion
you will make great fuel for the eternal flames heathen

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #5841 on: August 25, 2021, 04:58:27 pm »
How do we fix the middle east? may god help my afghan brothers

nuke it

Yeah just hit it with a reset button.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #5842 on: August 26, 2021, 01:21:38 am »
Afghanistan is a shitshow
It was always going to end this way. Coulda stayed another 20 years for the same thing. Should've never went in there in the first place.

Once we killed Osama we should've bailed. These Afghanis would rather have Sharia law anyways. They don't want democracy. They'll have tribal wars for the next 25 years until the next superpower wants to try and tame them. We gave them everything necessary to fight these dudes and they just didn't care lol.
Most of the population does not want sharia. As I understand it there are some organizations within the country focusing on getting women out of the country due to the increased risk. Never the less Bush #2 caused this and now everyone is blaming trump or biden :D

I saw a report that 99% of Muslims in Afghanistan would support Sharia law.

Here’s a tweet with a picture of the data
https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/1427265492868235273?s=21

These people like living that way. Most of the country is tribes run by warlords essentially. Backwards civilization.

I don't think mobs of people would be trying to escape the country, and basically killing themselves clinging onto planes if they "liked" living that way, and I don't think a nearly decade-old poll of 1,000 people is enough to support that stance.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:41:53 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #5843 on: August 26, 2021, 01:50:26 am »
It was always going to end this way. Coulda stayed another 20 years for the same thing. Should've never went in there in the first place.

Once we killed Osama we should've bailed. These Afghanis would rather have Sharia law anyways. They don't want democracy. They'll have tribal wars for the next 25 years until the next superpower wants to try and tame them. We gave them everything necessary to fight these dudes and they just didn't care lol.
Most of the population does not want sharia. As I understand it there are some organizations within the country focusing on getting women out of the country due to the increased risk. Never the less Bush #2 caused this and now everyone is blaming trump or biden :D

These people like living that way. Most of the country is tribes run by warlords essentially. Backwards civilization.

I don't think mobs of people would be trying to escape the country, and basically killing themselves clinging onto planes if they "liked" living that way, and I don't think a nearly decade-old poll of 1,000 people is enough to support that stance.

Obviously the people in the “modernized” city of Kabul are gonna want to flee. They are some of the few people living in what we’d call generally normal conditions with basic human rights. The rest of the country lives in a way we can’t really comprehend because it’s so backwards. If a majority of people there supported the way of life we expect, surely they would have put up some form of resistance after we left them with all the necessary means of doing so. I just hope all the people that want to leave are able to get home.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: August 26, 2021, 02:11:44 am »
Canadian election szn!

LPC started out with a decent chance of a majority but a week into the campaign they've not run a good one so far, while the CPC has rolled out some popular policy proposals

Latest projections have the Liberals winning another minority but with less seats - due in large part to a more competitive CPC than last time and a more stable NDP

Popular vote has tightened in the past few days with the CPC and LPC running at basically a dead heat

Bloc facing some serious questions in whether they can repeat last election's success in Quebec

Green party imploding and the PPC not a serious threat

Gonna be an interesting one! You can check out the polls and projections at 338canada.com

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5845 on: August 26, 2021, 02:32:36 am »
Canadian election szn!

LPC started out with a decent chance of a majority but a week into the campaign they've not run a good one so far, while the CPC has rolled out some popular policy proposals

Latest projections have the Liberals winning another minority but with less seats - due in large part to a more competitive CPC than last time and a more stable NDP

Popular vote has tightened in the past few days with the CPC and LPC running at basically a dead heat

Bloc facing some serious questions in whether they can repeat last election's success in Quebec

Gonna be an interesting one! You can check out the polls and projections at 338canada.com
voting bloc  8) f*** trudeau

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5846 on: August 26, 2021, 03:11:08 am »
Spoiler
Canadian election szn!

[close]
I'd be weary of tracking polls using just 338, they absolutely botched the NS election, PC-NS had a 13% chance of a minority and wound up with a firm majority. They also had NL Libs winning a sweeping majority back in March, when in reality they gained a single seat (although the election being fucked up by the third wave of COVID may have factored in).

Tories have been doing a good job at marketing O'Toole for name recognition and he isn't as controversial as Scheer, if they can turn that into more BC, ATL, and GTA seats they may have a shot a a minority gov't. Had my man MacKay been leader I'd say that win would be a guarantee.

Only Liberal shot at a majority imo is if they can win Quebec and maybe a few urban seats out west.

The death of the Greens since May stepped down might return enough seats back to the NDP to keep Jagmeet around.

My overall prediction is a Lib min, Trudeau pulls a Mulroney and hands a shitfest to Freeland come next election. All other parties vapourize their leadership (Except for Bernier, who is gunned down by the dairy cartel).

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: August 26, 2021, 03:37:17 am »
Spoiler
Canadian election szn!

[close]
Good man!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Canadian election szn!

[close]
I'd be weary of tracking polls using just 338, they absolutely botched the NS election, PC-NS had a 13% chance of a minority and wound up with a firm majority. They also had NL Libs winning a sweeping majority back in March, when in reality they gained a single seat (although the election being fucked up by the third wave of COVID may have factored in).

Tories have been doing a good job at marketing O'Toole for name recognition and he isn't as controversial as Scheer, if they can turn that into more BC, ATL, and GTA seats they may have a shot a a minority gov't. Had my man MacKay been leader I'd say that win would be a guarantee.

Only Liberal shot at a majority imo is if they can win Quebec and maybe a few urban seats out west.

The death of the Greens since May stepped down might return enough seats back to the NDP to keep Jagmeet around.

My overall prediction is a Lib min, Trudeau pulls a Mulroney and hands a shitfest to Freeland come next election. All other parties vapourize their leadership (Except for Bernier, who is gunned down by the dairy cartel).

[close]
Provincial elections are a shitshow to poll anyways. 338 got the last election almost perfectly and the polls he sources from are usually reliable so idk!

Speaking as someone who voted in the CPC leadership race, O'Toole was everyone's second or third choice - and I think that applies to Canadians in general as well. But he (and the party) are doing a fine job at both marketting him and running a sound campaign. CPC's always had ground game but policy and war rooming was always questionable, but this time they're leaving the ground game to the locals and focussing exclusively on marketting and war rooming and it's working. O'Toole has barely left Ottawa, which means he's fresh as hell, sees the trends before Trudeau, and isn't getting hammered on the road by op media. It's a strategy that will work best in courting suburban Ontario seats, I think.

Green collapse is funny. National media basically begged for them to be relevant for a decade, and after Lizzie couldn't get anything more than 2-3 seats, they're basically as effective as the PPC. Paul isn't even going to win her riding, by a lot!

If the CPC cut into the Liberal seat count in Ontario by like 5-10 and flip a couple seats in BC/ATL then O'Toole gets another shot tbh. Unless he does something stupid he's proven to be a better leader than Scheer, which will help his cause

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5848 on: August 26, 2021, 09:33:55 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Canadian election szn!

[close]
Good man!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Canadian election szn!

[close]

[close]
Provincial elections are a shitshow to poll anyways. 338 got the last election almost perfectly and the polls he sources from are usually reliable so idk!

Speaking as someone who voted in the CPC leadership race, O'Toole was everyone's second or third choice - and I think that applies to Canadians in general as well. But he (and the party) are doing a fine job at both marketting him and running a sound campaign. CPC's always had ground game but policy and war rooming was always questionable, but this time they're leaving the ground game to the locals and focussing exclusively on marketting and war rooming and it's working. O'Toole has barely left Ottawa, which means he's fresh as hell, sees the trends before Trudeau, and isn't getting hammered on the road by op media. It's a strategy that will work best in courting suburban Ontario seats, I think.

Green collapse is funny. National media basically begged for them to be relevant for a decade, and after Lizzie couldn't get anything more than 2-3 seats, they're basically as effective as the PPC. Paul isn't even going to win her riding, by a lot!

If the CPC cut into the Liberal seat count in Ontario by like 5-10 and flip a couple seats in BC/ATL then O'Toole gets another shot tbh. Unless he does something stupid he's proven to be a better leader than Scheer, which will help his cause
[close]
Going to be interesting to see if the Greens return to their old strategy of trying to up their popular vote so they can receive funding. It was May who decided to focus on key seats over national support, she basically obliterated their grassroots framework and centralized control to her office. Gonna be interesting if they revert to their old system in the future. The fact that they're fighting for all but one seat and polling behind the BQ nationally is fucking hilarious.

Completely agree that O'Toole is doing far better than expected, makes me wonder if throwing out my membership card when he won and retreating to provincial politics was a sound choice :/ Unless they gain substantial seats however I doubt he'll be kept on, the Tory touch is still present: give the party a gov't or gtfo. Given his military experience I'd be interested to see how he handles the semi-ongoing shitfest in CAF leadership.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 09:39:57 pm by Conway »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5849 on: August 27, 2021, 02:11:10 am »

Obviously the people in the “modernized” city of Kabul are gonna want to flee. They are some of the few people living in what we’d call generally normal conditions with basic human rights. The rest of the country lives in a way we can’t really comprehend because it’s so backwards. If a majority of people there supported the way of life we expect, surely they would have put up some form of resistance after we left them with all the necessary means of doing so. I just hope all the people that want to leave are able to get home.
Finally a good take here

Kabul is not Afghanistan, its like saying NYC is America. They have an ancient way of life and they are happy living that way free of western degeneracy.

Also 13 killed today at least RIP to my bros