Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520197 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
"On any scale close to China"

Lol that's nothing Marceaux

Clearly its nothing close to China. But it is getting worse and this could happen in a variety of cities across the country if we do not switch to alternative energy sources and cleaner/healthier standards across the board.

Do you think its ok to continue bad trends until a problem arises? Why not be proactive and prevent it before it happens?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Nuclear energy is the way too go, and we don't have smog pollution on any scale close to China. There are so many nuclear plants on the east coast

what city is that? LA? o that is LA

https://www.nrc.gov/reactors/operating/map-power-reactors.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 07:06:04 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Hev you even been reading my posts on this thread?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE

Clearly its nothing close to China. But it is getting worse and this could happen in a variety of cities across the country if we do not switch to alternative energy sources and cleaner/healthier standards across the board.

Do you think its ok to continue bad trends until a problem arises? Why not be proactive and prevent it before it happens?
False - https://gispub.epa.gov/air/trendsreport/2016/

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
wtf where are sloveian elections

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile

So you think the US is perfect and clean? Do you not think we can do better? Do you not believe change as a whole is necessary for the countries of the world to advance? I guess you prefer the barbaric world we have atm and are content with maintaining the idiocy that goes on across the globe.

I just fail to see your point of view completely, you constantly defend actions that will have harmful repercussions for every living creature on this planet. Are financial gains for the US that important to you as an individual human being?

I am genuinely not trying to argue with or trigger you i just do not see where you stand really.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile

So you think the US is perfect and clean? Do you not think we can do better? Do you not believe change as a whole is necessary for the countries of the world to advance? I guess you prefer the barbaric world we have atm and are content with maintaining the idiocy that goes on across the globe.

I just fail to see your point of view completely, you constantly defend actions that will have harmful repercussions for every living creature on this planet. Are financial gains for the US that important to you as an individual human being?

I am genuinely not trying to argue with or trigger you i just do not see where you stand really.
Let's break this down
Spoiler
[close]
No country is perfect or clean. In fact, the poorer the country gets, the less clean it is, so I think we can do better through technological advancement and innovation, and if perfection isn't possible, at least we can get close. Idk what you mean by saying barbaric - what's barbaric to you that relates to pollution? Dung fires and burning sticks for heat because you can't afford energy? Or nuclear fuel that provides clean power that fuels the economy that drives innovation? I prefer the latter, thanks. I don't really think "change" should harm the economy if the economy drives change.

Spoiler
[close]
What am I defending? Trump getting out of the Paris agreement when the US didn't even ratify Kyoto but yet managed to reduce emissions at record levels? Or advocating caution in abandoning the energy sector? You're being overly dramatic - who is being killed by taking the US out of the Paris agreement? That is not a logical argument or connection in any sense of the word.

Spoiler
[close]
Well, that's what an argument looks like, but who am I to know, all I do is source statistics anyways

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
We all know that cars could use oxigen and hydrogen as fuel producing energy and water as result. Though inovation is kept secret since some people wanna sell oil. Electric cars are not the future they are autistic.

Even better personal cars should be banned and countries should have free public transport. This would really help at making earth clean.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile

Let's break this down
Spoiler
[close]
No country is perfect or clean. In fact, the poorer the country gets, the less clean it is, so I think we can do better through technological advancement and innovation, and if perfection isn't possible, at least we can get close. Idk what you mean by saying barbaric - what's barbaric to you that relates to pollution? Dung fires and burning sticks for heat because you can't afford energy? Or nuclear fuel that provides clean power that fuels the economy that drives innovation? I prefer the latter, thanks. I don't really think "change" should harm the economy if the economy drives change.

Spoiler
[close]
What am I defending? Trump getting out of the Paris agreement when the US didn't even ratify Kyoto but yet managed to reduce emissions at record levels? Or advocating caution in abandoning the energy sector? You're being overly dramatic - who is being killed by taking the US out of the Paris agreement? That is not a logical argument or connection in any sense of the word.

Spoiler
[close]
Well, that's what an argument looks like, but who am I to know, all I do is source statistics anyways

Firstly overall i am not being specific to the Paris agreement or energy. Although i feel strongly we should have went along with it.

I just see you deny things without putting your pov out there. So what is your suggestion then for environmental policies not only stateside but globally and the future of energy? Because it seems like you support every thing that comes out of Trump and his administration. And that is where i have a problem.

And you say i am dramatic but look at the leader of our nation and the dramatic actions he has taken and seemingly will continue to take. Do you think these actions genuinely benefit the US and better yet the World?

My point is much larger then what we are discussing presently (energy etc). Its just you imply that what the US is doing is right regardless of how it may affect people internationally. Seemingly only because you support our current leader whole heartily.

This is how you appear to me in your arguments. "My opinion is fact and no one or nothing has any argument against it. Because i heard this or i read that. Or Trump said this." You refuse to even consider the opposition or put thought behind it before you jump up to defend the things you think to be true. You seem unwilling to discuss and consider alternatives.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:06:34 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Spoiler
"Firstly overall i am not being specific to the Paris agreement or energy. Although i feel strongly we should have went along with it."
[close]

Then what specifically are you talking about?

Spoiler
"I just see you deny things without putting your pov out there. So what is your suggestion then for environmental policies not only stateside but globally and the future of energy? Because it seems like you support every thing that comes out of Trump and his administration. And that is where i have a problem."
[close]

It doesn't seem you like you've read my previous posts. I'd also like to know where I said that I support everything that comes out of Trump and his administration. Otherwise you're putting words into my mouth.

Spoiler
"My opinion is fact and no one or nothing has any argument against it. Because i heard this or i read that. Or Trump said this." You refuse to even consider the opposition or put thought behind it before you jump up to defend the things you think to be true. You seem unwilling to discuss and consider alternatives."
[close]

All I have done is present facts. What are you refuting here? I don't understand - all I've done is show why you're wrong in saying the US has a damaged environment that's getting worse. What have I heard and what have I read? And where are you getting all this???? When did I quote Trump?????????????? What am I refusing to consider or discuss?????????????????????????

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Spoiler
"Firstly overall i am not being specific to the Paris agreement or energy. Although i feel strongly we should have went along with it."
[close]

Spoiler
"I just see you deny things without putting your pov out there. So what is your suggestion then for environmental policies not only stateside but globally and the future of energy? Because it seems like you support every thing that comes out of Trump and his administration. And that is where i have a problem."
[close]

It doesn't seem you like you've read my previous posts. I'd also like to know where I said that I support everything that comes out of Trump and his administration. Otherwise you're putting words into my mouth.

Spoiler
"My opinion is fact and no one or nothing has any argument against it. Because i heard this or i read that. Or Trump said this." You refuse to even consider the opposition or put thought behind it before you jump up to defend the things you think to be true. You seem unwilling to discuss and consider alternatives."
[close]

All I have done is present facts. What are you refuting here? I don't understand - all I've done is show why you're wrong in saying the US has a damaged environment that's getting worse. What have I heard and what have I read? And where are you getting all this???? When did I quote Trump?????????????? What am I refusing to consider or discuss?????????????????????????

You are denying with anything possible that the US is damaging its environment, which it is and will now be worse due to Trump having no care at all for the environment and protecting it "Clean Coal etc". And you are basing your opinion directly off the ideas and plans presented by Trump and have continued to defend those actions without giving any merit or credibility to the other sides concerns. Which is where my problem arises.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

You are denying with anything possible that the US is damaging its environment, which it is and will now be worse due to Trump having no care at all for the environment and protecting it "Clean Coal etc". And you are basing your opinion directly off the ideas and plans presented by Trump and have continued to defend those actions without giving any merit or credibility to the other sides concerns. Which is where my problem arises.
[close]
"You are denying with anything possible that the US is damaging its environment"

I'd like to know where I do that.

"which it is and will now be worse due to Trump having no care at all for the environment and protecting it "Clean Coal etc"."

You're ignoring the trends and statistics. I bet next year the emissions will continue to fall, as they have for the last 20 years.

"And you are basing your opinion directly off the ideas and plans presented by Trump"

I'd like to know where you see me do that

"have continued to defend those actions without giving any merit or credibility to the other sides concerns."

Why do I have to? You haven't presented any evidence to give me reason to

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
"You are denying with anything possible that the US is damaging its environment"

I'd like to know where I do that.

"which it is and will now be worse due to Trump having no care at all for the environment and protecting it "Clean Coal etc"."

You're ignoring the trends and statistics. I bet next year the emissions will continue to fall, as they have for the last 20 years.

"And you are basing your opinion directly off the ideas and plans presented by Trump"

I'd like to know where you see me do that

"have continued to defend those actions without giving any merit or credibility to the other sides concerns."

Why do I have to? You haven't presented any evidence to give me reason to

You are denying global warming dude, i do not need to argue anything else.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Congratulations Marceaux, you've rustled all 130 of my jimmies.

First of all, saying that the earth hasn't warmed in 14 years isn't me being an uninformed dingus - it's a paraphrase of the IPCC's 5th assesment report's findings on warming, which were confirmed by basically everyone in saying that the earth's average temperature has not gone up since late 1990's - here's a good article from The Economist explaining the hiatus: http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21598610-slowdown-rising-temperatures-over-past-15-years-goes-being

Now, you talk about consensus. It's always thrown around that there's a huge consensus among the science community that global warming is anthropogenic and humans, mostly in the form of C02 emissions, are the cause. As Politifact says, it's a lot broader than that:
Spoiler
[close]
From the limited means we have to survey world temperature, we can say with relative confidence two things: that A) the earth is warming and B) human activity does cause warming. Climate skeptics do not disagree with this statement - why challenge basic data?

What climate skeptics challenge is the effect this will have on society, how accurately we can model climate changes, and whether treaties like Paris and Kyoto will be effective for the environment and for the economy. A perfect example of this is the Green Energy Act in Ontario, which crippled our energy infrastructure, drove away industry, made Ontarians at times pay triple the cost they used to pay to give subsidies to energy providers that only provide 2 percent of their total power, and put the province in immeasurable debt. Climate skeptics think we shouldn't bankrupt overselves on the altar of questionable climate models. Here's a good article that you should read on this topic:
if you say national review is a poor source without reading the article i'm banning you

But I'm just a stupid science denier.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
More London attacks.  A shame some Europeans (not all) still fail to address radical Islam as a real and actual threat.  Oh and I guess our travel alert was justified after all (since I last posted it lol)