Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520093 times)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
Cool, hes young so that may get more votes. Bernier could have won over Quebec though which is worth a lot of seats.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Scheer comes across as a really nice guy, none of this fake shit Trudeau does either, he's pretty genuine from what I can see. He also wasn't hankering after the job for years like a lot of the others and probably just wanted to be Speaker. Hope he wins at the next election.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
Scheer comes across as a really nice guy, none of this fake shit Trudeau does either, he's pretty genuine from what I can see. He also wasn't hankering after the job for years like a lot of the others and probably just wanted to be Speaker. Hope he wins at the next election.
I'd say he'll have a fair chance honestly. If he can grill Trudeau in the house of commons and is a decent campaigner that's all it should take.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
he's pretty genuine from what I can see.

Politicians are never genuine
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
June you do occasionally say things that I can respect, but when you start criticising people based on their use of a second language you lose all credibility and just come across as an asshole.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
I'd say he'll have a fair chance honestly. If he can grill Trudeau in the house of commons and is a decent campaigner that's all it should take.

I read up a little on his Wikipedia page (I know great source) but according to the page he wants to remove the carbon tax. So is he one of those cuckservatives who don't believe in global warming?

If that is the case then that would make him a terrible candidate on it's own.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:26:47 pm by Furrnox »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
June you do occasionally say things that I can respect, but when you start criticising people based on their use of a second language you lose all credibility and just come across as an asshole.

1) I didn't realize it was Furrnox/a swede when I first posted it

2) I'm sorry but when you make 2 rudimentary grammar/spelling errors in a one sentence comment calling someone else stupid you're just asking for it
Why am I still here

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE

I read up a little on his Wikipedia page (I know great source) but according to the page he wants to remove the carbon tax. So is he one of those cuckservatives who don't believe in global warming?

Mfw Canada's emissions were already meeting clean standards before we introduced a carbon tax but apparently introducing more useless taxes means we want to destroy the environment
You're really a headline warrior Furrnox

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile

Furrnox, its not that he doesn't believe in global warming. Its that the carbon tax is pointless and just ramps up the price on everything for almost no environmental benefit. The extra 2000$ it may cost some people will be hard on poor families or people with only minimum wage jobs. And if you live in Canada (it being very big) you need to travel quite a bit so its not even going to stop people from using cars because no one is biking 2 hours to pickup groceries. We're around number 10 in terms of Greenhouse emissions. Even if the tax did drop our emissions it wouldn't make a dent in the grand scheme of things.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile

Furrnox, its not that he doesn't believe in global warming. Its that the carbon tax is pointless and just ramps up the price on everything for almost no environmental benefit. The extra 2000$ it may cost some people will be hard on poor families or people with only minimum wage jobs. And if you live in Canada (it being very big) you need to travel quite a bit so its not even going to stop people from using cars because no one is biking 2 hours to pickup groceries. We're around number 10 in terms of Greenhouse emissions. Even if the tax did drop our emissions it wouldn't make a dent in the grand scheme of things.

To be fair a Canadian carbon tax would do wonders for job creation...in the US.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
This is fucking beautiful.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
"I'm just here so I don't get fined" - Justin Trudeau, 2017

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile

It gives an incentive for people to get green cars I realize that carbon tax is a complicated issue so I won't go any further.
I think it's funny that 2 billion out of the 5 the tax makes is put into repairing/building roads.

This is fucking beautiful.
Spoiler
[close]

I saw that the other day, pretty bad.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:11:30 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
Watching the NDP debate they actually got some decent people. Charlie Angus is ok but Pat Stogran is actually interesting me. Retired army Col, not the best spoken but by far the most likable and the one who could actually rally voters. He doesn't seem to go along with all the bullshit that Ashton and Signh get on with.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
Here's for your carbon tax...